• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Funded and over)

13 posts in this topic

Kickstarter

Just launched and is already nearing the goal of $500,000. For anyone who bought the first game they are also about to release an updated version of the game for free.

An epic RPG with turn-based combat, cooperative/competitive multiplayer; sequel to Divinity: Original Sin, Gamespot's PC Game of 2014.

0ad41351ff10f41e48c19d9c239af38c_origina

• Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations. Winner of GameSpot’s “PC Game of The Year 2014”.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently in development for PC in English. Subtitles will be available in German, French, and Russian. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage, once development is more advanced.

de2de8687cbd0e2447c7146bcaabadc5_origina

The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life

At the start of the game, you pick a single character and determine your starting stats, race, and origin story.

57fb1f8239ba9faa1012dee81b79d25a_origina

You'll be able to recruit up to three companions, each of whom is just as detailed as the character you're playing, with their own origin story and motivation to help you in your quest. 

This makes it possible for each companion to become a player character in multiplayer mode; every party member is equally important to the whole.

In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively.

During competitive questing, you’ll pursue different plot-lines from other players, often because your personal motivations are in conflict with those of the party.

There's no obligation to compete, of course. Many party members will manage to balance their own interests with those of the party. Should you find yourself in conflict, know that it's always possible to make up afterwards.

80205c5b6981d3c77148c5bf4ad7c681_origina

That systematic approach now also applies to the narrative. A new dialog system will give you many more options to persuade both NPCs and your companions. You'll quickly discover that nearly all dialogs in the game are different depending on who is doing the talking.

Two very different user interfaces will be supported - one for mouse & keyboard and another for controllers. If you play with controllers, you'll be able to use the same split-screen feature introduced in Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Together with 4-player support, this means two couples, each on their own screen(s), could be playing online with or against each other!

b551648ca6ab56c7a03340b5df8ddbb2_origina

We will also include an updated version of the editor that we’re using to create the game. It’s becoming an incredibly powerful tool and we’re very eager to see what you’ll come up with.

Naustix and DoctorEvil like this

What's the difference between the $25 and $30 pledges? The descriptions look the same.

The ones before it that get the game can run out.

They passed their goal and are quickly getting through their announced stretch goals

bda95fa571f6e0ba4a21f6456ef69e59_origina

They continue to pass stretch goals

a9330aa14582e11ba4f9138227762a37_origina

I still havent tried the first one. Everyone says its great but I never really heard anything that excites me about it. Always general stuff like the character interaction is deep and its like baldurs gate but new. Thats cool and all but nothing that makes me wanna short list it amongst the other few dozen games on my shortlist

New stretch goals announced

52f64438d712b24e47533fcbb1a09052_origina

$1,650,000 – Dedicated mod tool support!

We'll hire a team that will be dedicated to making the editor as intuitive as possible, and who will help the community build all kinds of new awesomeness.  

$1,750,000 – Love/Hate!

We’ll dedicate more scripters and writers to expand on the dynamic relationship system we’re building. Intense rivalry! Friendship and enmity! And... as so many of you have been asking for it… romance! 

$1,850,000 – Metamorphosis... Mask of the Shapeshifter!

Imagine you get a mask that lets you change your shape. One moment you're a lizard, the next an ordinary human, with completely different dialog options (and visuals of course). By expanding on our tag system, we’ll let you  assume different roles in the game with the same character. This will open completely different play styles. Don't want any competition? Don't want companions? Become a lone wolf with a very special mask...  

$2,000,000 – Dungeon Master Mode!

Building on the work of the mod team, we'll make an in-game version of the editor that allows dungeon-masters to unleash their fantasies on budding adventurers, adjusting and controlling the dungeon while the other players are playing!

That's a lot of stretch goals but we still have many days to go so here's us crossing our fingers that you'll push us to new heights!

More stretch goals passed and, better news than any number of stretch goals, interesting stuff, and one of the highest-voted ideas was getting Chris Avellone on board as a writer.

Plenty of folks on the Larian team are fans of Chris’ work, but we hadn’t yet considered bringing him on for D:OS2. Intrigued, Swen sent him an innocent Tweet, and the two met up at PAX.

What happened there will probably remain a secret forever, but whatever it was, both gentlemen seem to be very enthusiastic about the collaboration. Here's what they had to say:

Chris: "This is the first time I think the community is responsible for bringing two developers together who might not have crossed paths... and especially for such a great project. I have a lot of respect for Larian Studios, Swen, and Divinity: Original Sin; it's one of the best game Kickstarters ever. I met Swen at PAX Prime, talked about RPGs for hours, and at the end of it, it was clear we were on the same page. Now? We're primed to do something great, and I'm proud to be part of it."

Swen: "It’s a huge honor to have one of our favorite developers on board for the game. Chris’ credentials are sterling, so of course I was very nervous about showing him what we’d been working on. When it turned out that he was enthusiastic about it, I was absolutely giddy! It’s a real honor to have one of the masters on board to help us improve our narrative and characters—I honestly can’t wait to get started."

This another great example of how a Kickstarter community can affect the development of a game in a positive way. We are all looking forward to what Chris will come up with, as much as many of you will be.

8d19d361a7d155114ebeca764c8b2f48_origina

Four days left

14 hours and about 60k left for the GM-Mode :D

Campaign is over. All stretch goals were met. The Campaign ended at $2,032,434+Paypal donations.

(plus an estimated $43,000 from Paypal)

33174b074c58f6347c154845dea28c63_origina

Also about another 10 grand from RPGcodex and RPGwatch each, if I recall right :D