• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What comatosed game franchise do you want revived right now?

40 posts in this topic

We all know Shenmue 3 is coming after 14 + years of waiting. And it's coming on December 2017. Which got me thinking of other game franchises that's still in coma right now, waiting for that time to rise from their deep slumber and make their anticipating fans die of excitement. What's the game franchise that you want revived?

Me, simple. Legacy of Kain, Tenchu and Metal Wolf Chaos. No, I'm not even considering that Nosgoth game to be a Legacy of Kain game. I want Kain back in full force and end the Hilden lord once and for all.

After that ATROCIOUS Tenchu Wii game, it's time to make a ninja stealth assassination game again, and this time make it as awesome as Phantom Pain, or Just Cause, but as a ninja in feudal japan.

And for those that don't know Metal Wolf Chaos, it's a game where you are the president of USA, and fight for MERICA. A game that's so american, that it's only available in japan. Oh the irony.

I can tell that you peeps are going to put Beyond Good & Evil and Half Life 3, but I prefer to be surprised by the franchise you will mention. So if possible, surprise me! I want to know franchises that I never heard of.

Clock Tower. One of the great survival horror franchises that made it's best game with Clock Tower 3 on the PS2.

Lunar. One of my favorite JRPGs hasn't had a real new sequel since the Sega CD. Just remakes and one lukewarm DS spinoff game.

Chrono Trigger. Speaking of JRPGs, while Akira Toriyama's art has continued to fuel Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger has only gotten rereleases and no sequels unless you count Chrono Cross.

Clock Tower. One of the great survival horror franchises that made it's best game with Clock Tower 3 on the PS2.

Lunar. One of my favorite JRPGs hasn't had a real new sequel since the Sega CD. Just remakes and one lukewarm DS spinoff game.

Chrono Trigger. Speaking of JRPGs, while Akira Toriyama's art has continued to fuel Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger has only gotten rereleases and no sequels unless you count Chrono Cross.

Lunar for sure, loved that game, would love a 3-d version.

I think that because of the modern era of multiplayer and large open worlds, a new Magic Carpet would be awasome.

Dawn of War, the best 40k strategy game to date.

I'd also like a new star wars empire at war war. Fleet battles in that were epic especially with mods. A new Conker game would be sweet too.

I would love to see a new C&C: Red alert, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Kotor III would would nice to see.

I really liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat, a sequel would have been awesome. Too bad that the company that made it doesn't exist anymore.

Jedi knight was a very good series, seeing it return would be awesome. Too bad that EA now owns the Star wars license.

Half-life. Nuff' said.

3? Well..... Not sure about that. I mean, that final boss was so awesome, that the game is more like Soul Calibur.

I prefer 2 since even though it's pretty bad, the game scared the shit out of me when I was 12 when I played it. The first Clock Tower game is good too. Haunting Ground's the one that should have a revival than Clock Tower.

I remember Lunar as one of the games with anime cutscenes and great english translation for the time. I miss those kind of games.

A really liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat, a sequel would have been awesome. Too bad that the company that made doesn't exist anymore.

Jedi knight was a very good series, seeing it return would be awesome. Too bad that EA now owns the Star wars license.

They did continue to make the Metro 2033 and Last Light games though under a different company, so since they made those great fps games, they can make a greater STALKER if they want.

Nonononono, please no. They already ruined Battlefront, don't let them ruin Jedi Knight. Or Republic Commando. Or Empire at War DON'T LET EA RUIN THESE CLASSICS!

Otaku World Order likes this

Nonononono, please no. They already ruined Battlefront, don't let them ruin Jedi Knight. Or Republic Commando. Or Empire at War DON'T LET EA RUIN THESE CLASSICS!

That's why I said "too bad that EA now owns the Star wars license". 

I could do with a Legacy of Kain reboot. Might have to recast some characters now though seeing how the Elder God voice guy is dead.

I could do with a Legacy of Kain reboot. Might have to recast some characters now though seeing how the Elder God voice guy is dead.

I wouldn't worry about that. There's a lot of games that has Tony Jay esque deep voice characters. I would love Benedict Cumberbatch to voice him. His Smaug voice is perfect.

Crash Bandicoot! But no more with the mutant/titan bullshit, I want my Crash old-school!

Do it, whoever holds the rights to my absolute favorite chilhood franchise!

shia.jpg

The Anti-Santa likes this

Destruction derby.  Now with todays graphics etc that would be an awesome game.

Crimson Skies and Mechassault are my pics. For the latter, I know they've made other Battletech based games but I want Mechassault, the third-person shooter one I grew up with.

On the legacy of kaine thing, there is a multiplayer game called nosgoth, pretty good game.

I'd like a new C&C set in the tiberium universe. I felt so disappointed at 4. I just want a something more like C&C3 back. Oh and Half-life 3. It has been quite a while since something got put on the shelf's regarding Half-life that I don't even want a EP3. We need a closure or a continuation on an unfinished story to one of the best fps games of all time.

Didn't we have this thread like 5 times before? Not that I'm complaining, I like em... I just feel bad forgetting some games, because there are a lot that apply.

Ogre battle...battle.. not effing tactics.. BATTLE DAMNIT. god.

Valkyrie profile. not a portable one please. I like portable games fine, but the whole breaking body parts/tearing limbs/etc stuff in 2 was just awsome, and that kind of mechanic can't be done full justice without a big screen and high performance. They SHOULD make it so splitting up is more practical though IMO.

I know sword coast heroes is coming but we don't know if it'll suck or not yet. But I want a revival of pc D&D ruleset games.. not baldurs gate specifically, or icewind dale, or neverwinter nights..just those kinds of games made modern with the new rulesets. Though I did like neverwinter nights 1 the most. Something about NOT having a full party made you really enjoy your character customization and loot so much more.

Lufia series, not that horribad DS remake. We still don't know who that leader sinistral introduced at the beginning of 2 is ffs!

I love lunar, but I'm not craving more of it...yet I wouldn't be opposed to more. I just mean, if a new lunar game was out, what would make it lunar other than dragonmasters, althena, etc. How is that any different than another rpg with a chosen hero and a goddess? The games were amazing for their time, and they still are fun, but their battle system, while fine, doesn't really do anything that you don't see sometimes now, and going from 1 to 2, the cast changes, so we wont even enjoy the same characters (Except for Ghaleon probably, because he's effing Ghaleon)..come to think of it. Maybe a new lunar game woudl be cool just to see more Ghaleon... with more and good voice acting! =P

A GOOD seiken densetsu game. cmon...

Xenosaga remade... not remastered... remade so it's the full 6 episodes.. not 3...and without the wtf is this shit art change 2 had. Graphics would actually benefit the game too because seeing nice/idea/clean futuristic sci-fi is such a rare treat. To this day I still remember that moment going into that facility that scans momo in 2 and it has that super sciency upbeat catchy music that pumps you up in that place. COMPLETELY an underrepresented setting/feel in gaming.

One of those old artillery games like scorched earth where you choose the angle and velocity and weapon and blow up enemy cannons for cash as the wind is having seizures...I'd like it to be more detailed though like armored core, where you have to assemble your chasis, and tracks, and muzzle, and radar, and power generator, and radiator, and and... *drools*.

Master of orion... I know one is under way but 3 really sucked and I'm scared the next one will too.. I want a new *GOOD* master of orion.. new one BETTER be good. No realtime battles please.. gah. I hate it when tried and true turn based strategy games suddenly decide they have to put realtime battles in there. 

I know I'm forgetting a ton again. damnit.

Special mention.. for years threads like this made me answer 'kid icarus'...never thought they'd actually make one again after all those years... obviously it's far from the 2d platformer, but it's still a quality game and I'm satisfied.

Otaku World Order likes this

On the legacy of kaine thing, there is a multiplayer game called nosgoth, pretty good game.

That's not a reboot/sequel though and adds little to the story.

That's not a reboot/sequel though and adds little to the story.

I did say this already. 

No, I'm not even considering that Nosgoth game to be a Legacy of Kain game. I want Kain back in full force and end the Hilden lord once and for all.

3? Well..... Not sure about that. I mean, that final boss was so awesome, that the game is more like Soul Calibur.

I prefer 2 since even though it's pretty bad, the game scared the shit out of me when I was 12 when I played it. The first Clock Tower game is good too. Haunting Ground's the one that should have a revival than Clock Tower.

I remember Lunar as one of the games with anime cutscenes and great english translation for the time. I miss those kind of games.

I actually forgot about that bit in Clock Tower 3. My major memory of Clock Tower 3 Is when that hammer serial killer first shows up and OH SHIT! RUN!! RUN OR YOU'RE GONNA DIIIIEEEEE!! RUN UNTIL THAT DAMN MUSIC STOPS! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!

Truthfully, I'd love to see something like the SNES original Clock Tower too.

Haunting Ground though, I'd forgotten that. That's one was truly creepy too. And I though Hewie the dog was great. I'd love to see Capcom bring that one back.

I love lunar, but I'm not craving more of it...yet I wouldn't be opposed to more. I just mean, if a new lunar game was out, what would make it lunar other than dragonmasters, althena, etc. How is that any different than another rpg with a chosen hero and a goddess? The games were amazing for their time, and they still are fun, but their battle system, while fine, doesn't really do anything that you don't see sometimes now, and going from 1 to 2, the cast changes, so we wont even enjoy the same characters (Except for Ghaleon probably, because he's effing Ghaleon)..come to think of it. Maybe a new lunar game woudl be cool just to see more Ghaleon... with more and good voice acting! =P

I don't know about that. Lunar: Eternal Blue established that Althena was gone and Hiro never became a Dragonmaster, so I think the series could continue without either. They could do a game about civilization returning to the Blue Star and some kind of division between the people of the Blue Star and Lunar or something. Unless they do a prequel about Dragonmaster Alex, Ghaleon and company, which would also be pretty good.

Valkyrie profile. not a portable one please. I like portable games fine, but the whole breaking body parts/tearing limbs/etc stuff in 2 was just awsome, and that kind of mechanic can't be done full justice without a big screen and high performance. They SHOULD make it so splitting up is more practical though IMO.

Lufia series, not that horribad DS remake. We still don't know who that leader sinistral introduced at the beginning of 2 is ffs!

Xenosaga remade... not remastered... remade so it's the full 6 episodes.. not 3...and without the wtf is this shit art change 2 had. Graphics would actually benefit the game too because seeing nice/idea/clean futuristic sci-fi is such a rare treat. To this day I still remember that moment going into that facility that scans momo in 2 and it has that super sciency upbeat catchy music that pumps you up in that place. COMPLETELY an underrepresented setting/feel in gaming.

I totally agree with all three of these.

Ogre Battle. One like Black Queen, Person of Lordly Caliber, and Legend of the Zenobia Prince not the Tactics ones, although I would be happy for a Tactics one as well from a story perspective, never was much of a fan of that gameplay though.

Valkyrie Profile. Like the Playstation, PS2, and PSP ones not another tactics style one.

Front Mission. The strategy games, ideally one with a more cinematic battle system like Front Mission 2 had, only now it can actually look good and not cause long load times. Though I would also enjoy another one like Front Mission Gun Hazard.

Assault Suit (Valken or Leynos series, I think they were called Target Earth and Cybernator when they were released outside of Japan)

Captain Tsubasa. An RPG/Tactical soccer series. Like Blitzball in Final Fantasy X, only not terrible and with effort put into it.

Bushido Blade

Growlanser

Advance Wars

Langrisser (Only had the first one released outside of Japan on the Genesis, title was changed to Warsong). They did kind of have a new one on the 3DS in Japan back in July but.... What idiot thinks that making anything 3D on the DS or 3DS is a good idea, especially when it is an SRPG, it's always hideous.

langrisser-3.gif?w=1024

Suikoden. The JRPGs not the Tactics or Card Game one. I would be happy with more visual novels done in the style of the two Playstation ones though.

They were never a franchise but I would love a new Ring of Red, Mark of the Ninja, Radiant Historia, and Phantom Dust.

As much as I loved Lunar Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue I don't think there was much unique about them (well there was the points you gained in battles on the Sega CD version that you used for things like saving, but that was kind of pointless) that I would care to see a sequel anymore then I would rather just have another good JRPG. I wouldn't mind a new Shining Force done in the SRPG style as well but that wouldn't be much different than asking for another good SRPG to be made.

god damn.. forgot advance wars. Thing is I liked both the first 3 games AND the darker grittier one.

as for captain tsubasa, never played it. but I heard Touhou soccer 2 is very much like it.. have you played it? It has a translation patch, and it IS a fairly good game in of itself. If you play story mode though the final stage is pretty bogus hax.. still pretty doable though but yeah.. after that 'world' mode is a real treat though IMO.

Pheew...

Probably G-Police, Dune (The RTS series) and Tactical Commanders (MMORTS).

I most likely forgot some more but these are the ones I would revive.