• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Roche

Guild Wasrs 2 Free to play!

8 posts in this topic

Starting today Guild Wars is free for everybody and also in october 23 they will launch their first expansion....so to all the angry army who doesn't have guild wars 2 but they want to play it I think this is the perfect time to start :D

Free to play, you mean like upto LVL 20, (Like WoW) Personally I played GW2, never enjoyed it so I went back to WoW.

One thing though, The no sub fee is PERFECT!!!

i might give it a shot some time in the future ive read what they are doing and they are planning to make the based game free and charge you for the expansions which is better then going for the microsimulations route

*Free trial from the 25th of september to the 1st of October *

not entirely free

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-guild-wars-2-for-free-today/

The link you provided was from September 2014, here is the free to play announcement from today :

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

Free to play, you mean like upto LVL 20, (Like WoW) Personally I played GW2, never enjoyed it so I went back to WoW.

One thing though, The no sub fee is PERFECT!!!

*Free trial from the 25th of september to the 1st of October *

not entirely free

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-guild-wars-2-for-free-today/

No, actually it's free according to the chart below (if it doesn't make sense to you it can also be found here) :

Free Account

Core Guild Wars 2 Account

Heart of Thorns Account

Character Slots

5 or more*

Bag Slots

Revenant Profession

No

No

Yes

Heart of Thorns Maps & Content

No

No

Yes

Central Tyria (Core) Maps & Content

Starter maps only until character reaches level 10

Lion’s Arch unlocked for each character at level 35

Yes

Yes

Masteries

No

No

Yes

In-Game Mail

Can only send to mutual friends

Can’t send gold or items

Yes (accounts created after August 28, 2015 require SMS or app authentication to send gold and items)

Yes (accounts created after August 28, 2015 require SMS or app authentication to send gold and items)

Guild Bank Access

No

Yes (accounts created after August 28, 2015 require SMS or app authentication to withdraw)

Yes (accounts created after August 28, 2015 require SMS or app authentication to withdraw)

Whisper chat

Except for mutual friends, can only whisper in the same map, one new person every 30 seconds

Yes

Yes

Map chat

No

Yes

Yes

Squad chat

Unlocked for each character at level 30

Yes

Yes

Looking For Group

Unlocked for each character at level 30

Yes

Yes

PvP Chat

Team Chat always available

Chat in PvP Lobby unlocked when the account reaches PvP rank 20

Emotes, Map and Say chat unavailable during matches

Yes

Yes

WvW

Unlocked account-wide when one character reaches level 60

Yes

Yes

Daily Login Bonus

No

Yes

Yes

Gem Store

Items unusable by free accounts (such as glider skin) are unavailable

Yes

Yes

Currency Exchange

Gems to gold exchange available, gold to gems exchange unavailable.

Yes

Yes

Trading Post

Can buy and sell items from a selected list.

Yes

Yes

Forum Posting Access

No

Yes

Yes

I'm of two minds of this.  First off I'm a little miffed that they went from b2p to f2p (seriously it was a good monetization model!), but then again I ain't exactly playing this game anymore so...meh.  Sorta.

i might give it a shot some time in the future ive read what they are doing and they are planning to make the based game free and charge you for the expansions which is better then going for the microsimulations route

The link you provided was from September 2014, here is the free to play announcement from today :

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

oh, my bad.

Sorry about that

So if I understand this correctly any account created before yesterday still has all the things they paid for when they bought the game ?

Or is it going to be:

If you didn't buy the expansion you account gets restrictions?

So if I understand this correctly any account created before yesterday still has all the things they paid for when they bought the game ?

Or is it going to be:

If you didn't buy the expansion you account gets restrictions?

The former.