• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WhiteWolf012

Favorite RPG??

33 posts in this topic

My favorite RPG is game that recently came out and that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I have over hours and hours of gameplay already on this game. The game combat system is very good but not great like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. The Story in this game is great, the story got me so into it i had to play the game nonstop sometimes. Visually the game is beautiful, the world is both colorful and dark, the characters seem to have feeling. There are so many things going on with this game and I can understand why AngryJoe gave this game a 10/10. I recommend this game to anyone interested in a game with everything, the game also has 16 free dlc. 

I wanna see whats your favorite RPG???

Raspharus likes this

I would have to say Persona 4 golden very long play time and amazing systems I can't wait for persona 5

My favorite JRPG is Final Fantasy 7 (who doesn't like FF7?), and I do like the isometric Fallout games a lot.

(who doesn't like FF7

As somebody who has never played it before, I would say at the moment me.

I am however having fun with A Realm Reborn at the moment.

My favorite JRPG is Final Fantasy 7 (who doesn't like FF7?), and I do like the isometric Fallout games a lot.

Must be excited for the remake right?

My favourite RPG is Fallout 2, however, pretty much every RPG I ever played are one of the best games ever on my list, going from TES, The Witcher, newer Fallouts, Baldur Gate etc.

My favorite rpg is The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

Zero Foxtrot likes this

Asking about video games isn't off topic so I moved this to general.

My favorite RPG is either Baldurs Gate 2 or Suikoden 2.

One of my favorite rpgs is Dragon Quest 8 it has good gameplay and the voice acting and music are perfect and unlike FF13 it has likeable main characters and it was made by Level 5 they are really good devs I would recommend this game to any jrpg fan.

Look at my avatar. 

Take a guess what my absolute favorite RPG series of all time is. 

If you guessed Mass Effect, you would be correct. 

Elder Scrolls is a close second, Fallout just behind that. 

Fallout New Vega, Honorable mentions to FO3, Skyrim, and all three Dragon Age games. Mass Effect 2 would be tied with New Vegas, but it's not as much RPG really imo, it still is, just not as much so as New Vegas

Kotor. And it's a damn shame that it went the mmo route instead of giving me Kotor 3

The elder scrolls games are really good ( i can't really pick a favourite, because they all have something i like)

Fable: The lost chapters was an awesome game when i played it, it still is.

I've only played a couple of RPGs in my entire life (never been a big fan of the genre), but out of the ones I have played, I'd have to name Skyrim as my favorite. I know it's a cliché, but... still.

Im trying to decide but, I think I have a tie. Both Mass Effect 2 and The Witcher 3 gave me that feeling of enjoying every minute of the first playthrough and then immediately after beating them with a full playthrough as in getting everything done, starting a second playthrough and after that one starting another one. Ive done 3 playthroughs of the Witcher and about 7-8 for ME2 (over time), the sheer amount of time I have with those games just speaks for itself.

I will also add FFXIII because I know that I have more than 300 hours with it despite the story not being as good as that of TW3 or ME2 but, still. Currently on my 4th TW3 playthrough with the new game plus dlc function, I completed it 3 times before the dlc came out.

Also, I would like to point out that some might say pftff, 300 lol but, thats a lot of time for me with an SP game.

Really tough call. I've played so many great RPGs over the years. I think since RPGs are really about immersing you in the world and the storytelling I'd have to go with Mass Effect (all three of them, despite misgivings about the ending of 3). But it's followed very closely by the Fallout and Elderscrolls games.

I recently got into Mass Effect Trilogy currently on ME:3 earth mission somehow I can't get myself motivated to finish this damn game.

My favorite RPG of all time is definitely Mass Effect and the Knights of the old republic series. I love Elder Scrolls, Witcher and Dragon Age too but none of them influenced me and gave me an amazing experience the way as Mass Effect and the Kotor series did.

Demonbane775 likes this

Here are my top 5

1.Skyrim

2.Fallout NV

3. Dragon age: Origins

4.Mass Effect 2

5.Fallout 3

way too many favourites.

Chrono Trigger, Secret of mana, Terranigma, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2, TES Morrowind, Gothic 2...

I have a ton of RPGs I like but one that stands out is Dark Cloud on the PS2. Very fond memories.

Do you see my profile pic? Yeah pretty much. All of em witcher games. All of em. Yes even the books, altough those are not games.

Other than that i gotta give an honourable mention to World of Warcraft, event tho it's an mmorpg, that game held my attention for waaaaay to long.