• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Otaku World Order

Star Wars Battlefront won't have a server browser

14 posts in this topic

I've been dubious about EA's dedication to Star Wars Battlefront. But after announcing how it put all it's focus into the multiplayer, surely we could count on all the bells and whistles of a major multiplayer game destined to last for years, right? 

In a post by the Battlefront community manager on reddit, it was confirmed that there is no server browser anywhere in Battlefront, instead relying on a matchmaking system:

Star Wars Battlefront will not offer a server browser, but will utilize a new skill based matchmaking system.

Obviously the reception to this wasn’t great. Server browsers are a pretty essential feature, and pretty importantly this removal precludes the chance for there to be third-party dedicated servers. When EA pulls the plug for the game’s servers, there’s a good chance the game itself will go with it.

Oh... Oops.

Sources:

Destuctoid: http://www.destructoid.com/star-wars-battlefront-won-t-have-a-server-browser-308899.phtml

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3j86i2/happy_to_confirm_our_star_wars_battlefront_beta/cun65y6?context=3

It's official, EA does not give a shit about its fans for the Star Wars.

And EA expects that the game will sell 10 million copies in the first month, half the copies that Skyrim sold during it's lifetime.

Whatever, it's fine when I play CoD. That would make the game feel too much like Battlefield to me, which wouldnt be a good thing, as I despise thoe games

This game is just going to be a complete failure i can see it now.

Whatever, it's fine when I play CoD. That would make the game feel too much like Battlefield to me, which wouldnt be a good thing, as I despise thoe games

Even if this is an attempt by Dice to detach Battlefront from Battlefield 4, you don't it by taking away features. The right thing to do is to add new ones or improve what's already there.

Battlefront will be a fail like Titanfall. Doesn't matter how good the system is, without the ability to choose where you want to play, even the best games die quickly.

To be honest i'm not a fan of dedicated servers since i they tend to kick you for whatever dumb reason in most of the games, but i do respect and understand that most of the people like it for more reasons than the one i stated since i'm well aware they do have a lot of advantages.

What i'm impressed is that everyone is really mad about this and i expected to be less controversy around this subject, i did not see this coming really.

I guess i'll stick with "hurr durr no clone wars era or space battles" thing for now until i find another reason to hate this game aside that this is not a battlefront game or anything of the sort.

It could be at least a Battlefield game, but it isn't either unfortunately.

What is this then? i don't know.

To be honest i'm not a fan of dedicated servers since i they tend to kick you for whatever dumb reason in most of the games, but i do respect and understand that most of the people like it for more reasons than the one i stated since i'm well aware they do have a lot of advantages.

What i'm impressed is that everyone is really mad about this and i expected to be less controversy around this subject, i did not see this coming really.

I guess i'll stick with "hurr durr no clone wars era or space battles" thing for now until i find another reason to hate this game aside that this is not a battlefront game or anything of the sort.

It could be at least a Battlefield game, but it isn't either unfortunately.

What is this then? i don't know.

Seeing how Steam Groups were made to boycott Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 because of the lack of Dedicated Servers, this isn't really surprising. Course, the people in those boycott groups still bought the games they were supposed to not buy. I suspect this will be no different.

People is starting to realize:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3jlkrn/im_so_sorry_eadice_it_had_to_be_done/

I'm really happy this kind of stuff is being posted, and hopefully more will come.

I think someone needs to tell that guy consoles can have dedicated servers too.

I think someone needs to tell that guy consoles can have dedicated servers too.

I know right? Warhawk and Starhawk had dedicated servers. So do some games on the X1 and 360 (think Gears do).

Seeing how Steam Groups were made to boycott Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 because of the lack of Dedicated Servers, this isn't really surprising. Course, the people in those boycott groups still bought the games they were supposed to not buy. I suspect this will be no different.

I remember that

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg