• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

luckyej

Thoughts on Angry Joe

11 posts in this topic

I know this is very random and probably no one will care but I'm been a huge fan of Angry Joe since I first saw his review of Mass Effect 3. At that time I had no idea who he was and just randomly found his review of it. I was so happy seeing someone popular stand up for the thousands of fans who poured dozens of hours into the series only to be ripped apart by the lazy, nonsensical ending. Since then I've agreed with him on almost all of his reviews for the games he's played (except Witcher 3 to an extent).

As I've started following him more I've seen him posting tons of lets play videos where people always complain where his reviews are. While I agree he probably is getting somewhat lazy in his reviews because he can be, I think people demanding every video he posts be a review is ridiculous. Every review he does do is well done and enjoyable to watch. I'm happy he has such a huge following and hope it continues to grow even though he's kind of an a-hole to people at times (although only when people are a-holes to him).

Recently today I found a blog called angryjoesucks.com where this guy literally complains about everything Joe does and submits a lot of false claims. That just amazes me someone would create a blog criticizing a guy who reviews games for a living but the world is not exactly full of intelligent people. I saw how MadDemon responds to every video in an unbiased, rational way that is very refreshing (props MadDemon).

To conclude I am a huge Angry Joe fan and will continue to be because I feel he is always honest in his reviews and has saved me a lot of money over time not buying crappy games. I don't really understand why people donate to him when there's millions of better things people could donate their hard earned money to but people are free to spend their money how they want. But regardless I will support Angry Joe and hope he doesn't change a thing about himself.

I'm gonna move this to the "Angry Joe Show" sub forum. I would also ask that the angryjoesucks blog not be ducussed becuase it's been ducussed before and there's no need to go there again.

I for one enjoy quality over quantity. Even though Joe doesn't put out as much game reviews as he did in the olden days, the production values are higher, there's more effort put into them and thier funnier, more informative and more detailed. I like his reviews since I started watching his show if any hinges it's better now than ever, at least to me.

Screw what asshats say about AJ thats their choice to not like him just like it is ours to have fun watching his vids.  I started watching his vids around when he started making them and yes the number of reviews has dropped slightly but he has plenty of other content to keep us happy.

Hell i even enjoyed his vid of him playing the Terminator Genisys Table top game and i normally cant stand those types of games.

Also i do have to agree that sometimes on his streams he can treat the chat abit unfairly but hey when you get mad you occasionally take it out on the wrong people.

At the end of the day his vids are a funny take on game reviews etc and are much better then just a boring voice over with little work put into it.  Afterall it could be worse he could do a playthrough and split it into over 200 parts to make more cash like someone else i know.........................

I completely agree Raizurhk and my bad if this was posted in the wrong place; I'm new and wasn't sure where to put it. I don't really mind the Let's Play videos. I'm sure he gets compensation for it but I think it's better than just having his channel dead until another review comes out. Plus some of them are enjoyable as hell to watch (such as Super hot and party hard). I just get amazed looking at the comments to his videos but then again I shouldn't ever do that. I will agree though his biased opinion towards Witcher irked me somewhat. While it was an incredible game there were so many issues with it he straight up ignored (for obvious reasons). But other than that I've never seen a review of his that I didn't love. I've probably watched his Rambo and Ride to Hell reviews 100 times because they're funny as hell.

You can say what you want, AJ really changed his style over the years. Back in the day he would publish multiple reviews. Now it's once a month at best.

The blog is just a big "if you don't like it don't read it". Just like basically everything is a "if you don't like it don't read it." I visit that blog sometimes and I can say, MadDemon is far from unbiased. Nobody in that comment section is unbiased. Everybody who comments their fanboyism or anti-AJ is either super bored, borderline *insert insult of your liking here* or just does it to pass the time.

Jose Vargas is a human being like we all are. Dude doesn't deserve to get hated like the devil or worshipped like a god. And don't tell me nobody worships the hell out of Joe. When this forum first started people made threads about their dreams that involved AJ.

In the past I was a huge fan of AJ too. His videos were actually funny and his opinion often seemed like it was the opinion of a normal gamer. Nowadays however he just doesn't have that same vibe anymore that he once had. Could be because of the lack reviews, you know, the things that made his channel popular?

His Let's Plays are really lackluster, that's why I don't watch them. His reviews are also not what they used to be.

He interacts with fans though. That's something not every youtuber does. He also does not insult his viewers on a regular basis (*cough* DarkSydePhil *cough*)

What I find funny though, is that people refer to other people who make fun of or criticize their favourite idol as idiots or "unintelligent people" even though they don't know anything about a person. It's the best paradox. You want them to stop being insulting by insulting them? Really?

Oh and a lot of Joe's youtube comments seem to give a lot of hate to Delrith btw. Now I won't tell anybody how they should make their videos, but Joe is sort of a "public figure" meaning he should either give a statement about all those comments or try to minimize the hate by making a few changes.

At the end of the day, I get the feeling that some people just forget that everybody has different tastes and different opinions. Nobody seems to complain about the "The Irate-Gamer sucks" blog.

I mean, if Joe is going to be making a review every other month or so, the least he could do is put more effort into them. The show hasn't seen any major improvement and it's been going on since 2009. And no, a better camera doesn't count. 

Wait there fellas, let's adress the real elephant in the room. Whats wrong with Witcher 3 ?

I mean, if Joe is going to be making a review every other month or so, the least he could do is put more effort into them. The show hasn't seen any major improvement and it's been going on since 2009. And no, a better camera doesn't count. 

Do you do game review vids?

Do you know how much work he puts into them?

Why change something when its been working since 2009?

His reviews are a damn site better then most others.

More effort? Most of his reviews are around 30+ minutes. Many other reviews are around 7 and are pretty generalized whereas Joe brings up specific parts of the game that are good/bad and uses examples.

I'm not an AJ fanboy, but the dude puts work into his reviews, which I appreciate

Do you do game review vids?

Do you know how much work he puts into them?

Why change something when its been working since 2009?

His reviews are a damn site better then most others.

I'm not criticizing the quality of the review. Joe's reviews are honest and informing, there's no disputing that. Joe is putting out less reviews, when he used to do them more regularly, yet the quality of the show has largely remained the same.

Joe is putting out less reviews, when he used to do them more regularly, yet the quality of the show has largely remained the same.

What he wants to do and what a lot of fans want lead him to do different things. Streaming, interviews, movie reviews, board games, and previews also take work and are things that he is spending more time on. With a lot of internet shows as time goes by they might change their focus, create new shows/segments, or stop doing things they used to do. You might feel the quality of his reviews have remained the same over the last few years, but the content he creates is different than it was in the past and because of that the show has changed quite a bit in the last few years. If the quality of something is high, rather than constantly try to make changes hoping they will make it better, it also becomes important for a show to make sure that it keeps that level of quality that people have come to expect which could also explain why reviews might be less frequent.