• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Steam Trading Cards. Does Anybody Give a Crap?

15 posts in this topic

I've gotten a few of these for Mad Max and MGSV over the past week or so and I just put them on the marketplace because when it comes to a choice between a digital Snake card that seems to have no practical purpose or real word value at all I'd much rather have 20p for a Freddo Bar (that actually is how much i just sold it for).

41w2dDruKPL._SY300_.jpg

The thing that is surprising me though is that these stupid things are selling, and REALLY quickly, so Is there something I'm missing?  do they serve a purpose that I'm ignorant about?  Is there a significant amount of people that give a shit about these things?

They dont really serve a purpose. People just like leveling shit i guess.

I think they've made me about $150+ and selling them can sometimes make me more than the price of bundles I buy so I'm happy with them.

I can see why people might want some. To get the backgrounds, emotes, and icons for a game they like. To raise their level since it gives them more they can put on their profile and allows them to add more people to their friends lists. I don't know why some people feel the need to collect them for every game but people waste money on a lot of things, if they want to waste money on this they are making me, Steam, developers, and publishers money so good for everyone.

Dyzzles likes this

I've gotten a few of these for Mad Max and MGSV over the past week or so and I just put them on the marketplace because when it comes to a choice between a digital Snake card that seems to have no practical purpose or real word value at all I'd much rather have 20p for a Freddo Bar (that actually is how much i just sold it for).

41w2dDruKPL._SY300_.jpg

The thing that is surprising me though is that these stupid things are selling, and REALLY quickly, so Is there something I'm missing?  do they serve a purpose that I'm ignorant about?  Is there a significant amount of people that give a shit about these things?

Well when I make a badge out of cards. It gives me a coupon for a game im never gonna play. Unfortunately not tradeable. 

Like euro truck simulator 50% off(Which would save me 11.50, DLC not included), Not hate on the game. That's just a example i literally got that coupon.

I made like $200 steam credits already from selling these cards. I sell most of the cards I get that's priced around 10 cents to even $100 at one point, but I lower that one till $5 because I don't want people to lose their hard earned money just for a card. I only buy and collect the collections that's really2 cheap, like Counter Strike GO for 5 cents per card so that I can level up my account and get a higher chance to get Foil cards, which in return will give me $1 per card.

So in short, there are people that made money selling these things. Extra money!

I think they've made me about $150+ and selling them can sometimes make me more than the price of bundles I buy so I'm happy with them.

I can see why people might want some. To get the backgrounds, emotes, and icons for a game they like. To raise their level since it gives them more they can put on their profile and allows them to add more people to their friends lists. I don't know why some people feel the need to collect them for every game but people waste money on a lot of things, if they want to waste money on this they are making me, Steam, developers, and publishers money so good for everyone.

This^. I've made a pretty penny off of those, aswell. Not nearly as much as Katarn, but I'd say I've made about $20-$30. If I do end up crafting a badge, it's usually if the cards themselves aren't really worth selling. By that, I refer to the ones that go for about 0,04 on the market. Selling one would make you 0,02, so eh...

I made like $200 steam credits already from selling these cards. I sell most of the cards I get that's priced around 10 cents to even $100 at one point, but I lower that one till $5 because I don't want people to lose their hard earned money just for a card. I only buy and collect the collections that's really2 cheap, like Counter Strike GO for 5 cents per card so that I can level up my account and get a higher chance to get Foil cards, which in return will give me $1 per card.

So in short, there are people that made money selling these things. Extra money!

I've made about £1 so far so I'm not complaining,  I'm just baffled!  I'd understand for physical trading cards because you can collect them, trade them and they could eventfully appreciative in value but these never will.  So I genuinely don't understand why people want them!

I only bought enough to complete 1 full level, of gunpoint, cuz i enjoyed it and wanted the emotes, which i found quite funny.

Other than that I've been selling all my stuff.

Also you get wallpapers and stuff for desktop and some are rather good.

Really who cares what people do, most of them buy this with card money they got from other cards, so they themselves don't really loose anything.

The only real thing cards are used for is to craft badges.

From these badges you will earn XP, get a background, emoji and some discount on some game. 

Most people would rather just buy the cards than trade them, so it's no wonder you can sell cards quickly. They are most of the times really cheap. 

i leveled up mostly to add more things to my profile.

of course you will get card pack drops occasionally, the higher level you are, the higher the chances at something dropping. 

This is of course still uncommon and not really that profitable. 

You could also say that the badges are are sort of digital collection, and the cards are the "progress" towards the badge.

Well when I make a badge out of cards. It gives me a coupon for a game im never gonna play. Unfortunately not tradeable. 

Like euro truck simulator 50% off(Which would save me 11.50, DLC not included), Not hate on the game. That's just a example i literally got that coupon.

actually you can trade coupons, i've done it a couple of times. 

baronrouker likes this

I've made about £1 so far so I'm not complaining,  I'm just baffled!

If you own a lot of games they add up fast. With a few dollars and the money from card sales I bought Legend of Grimrock 2, Ys VI, Ultimate General Gettysburg, Ori and the Blind Forest, Battle Brothers, The Fall, Lisa, and Chroma Squad during the last steam sale in June and that was just after saving up during the past 7 months of buying pretty much nothing but bundles. I'm back up to $18.61 already.

actually you can trade coupons, i've done it a couple of times. 

Cool well I did not know that. Well if anyone wants a Coupon for Euro Truck simulator 2 add me (baronrouker).

I occasionally give a crap when I get ones for games I like, like Skyrim, but otherwise I tend to sell them or turn them into gems. 

It's just sorta one of those things that's there if you want it. 

I havent really bothere selling all of mine. But I have made like 20 bucks selling just a few foils.