• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Funded and Ended)

7 posts in this topic

Kickstarter

Classic JRPG combat meets action packed dungeons and stylish storytelling. Use skills and strategy to survive a lush, brutal landscape.

65b23a2e3dd245b1a18100e6af5bc568_origina

• Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and tons of secrets, story and randomly-generated replay goodness.

• Nightwar is currently planned for release on PC and Mac, both on Steam and DRM-free on GoG. (Look for other platforms like the console tier - Xbox One and PS4 - to show up in our stretch goals!)

• The game is being created by ex-Vigil Games veterans, including two of Vigil's co-founders, Joe Madureira and Ryan Stefanelli.
Alexander452 and Darken like this

Many years ago, I was really mad at Joe Madureira for abandoning Battle Chasers.
I didnt really collect comic books, mainstream x-men was about it. Beyond that I bought the big collection books of Elf Quest (stopped when they didnt color them any more) and the collection book of Battle Chasers (which didnt include all the comics). I was very captivated by the art, Calibretto and Gully with those huge gloves were badass and as a crazy sword fan (to the point that I will use lesser weapons in games if they are cool looking swords) I really dig the sword Garrison has.

So here is my rationale for going for "Early Bird Complete Nightwar Digital Edition" at 90$
The game is minimum 25$ as Crazy Bird is all gone. It wouldnt be unreasonable to value OST and Art book at 10$, might even be on the low side.
That would leave 45$ for 12 comics, so 3.75$ per comic, which, while digital, isnt all that bad.

Yay, Brain: 1 - Wallet: 0 (well - 90$)

The game was funded and they are passing stretch goals

edead2bdbea9355ef613c8e8bb40fb6f_origina

They are continuing to pass stretch goals

4e7d18ae992452df17d5227f084b7ea0_origina

A day and a half left and they are about to hit $800,000

66d86d985e9050b41cc0e0bb27651781_origina

And ended with $856,354

5573f7e2f3bff85129ad2fe817d8b6b3_origina

8 Minutes of abit of gameplay with some talking about mechanics, so glad I backed this one. Also with the teamup with Nordic Games, the last 3 goals have been met. Which is super as art of that caliber needs some voices to accompany it.