• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

wdishon

Should I buy a 3ds?

14 posts in this topic

I am going to be doing a lot of travelling in the next 12 months and was really considering picking up a handheld device since I'm really getting sick of these shitty iOS games and 3ds seemed like the best option.

Is it worth the money and what games should I pick up for it?

Or should I get a ps vita instead.

depends on what you like because honestly the vita memory cards are insanely priced but persona 4 golden is amazingly good and i hear the danganronpa series is good as wellif u want a vita. 

Just because of the sheer library, I'd go 3DS. I mean, I have one, so yeah.

3DS is the better option imo.

Well, the original 3ds's are going for pretty cheap online second hand, if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

Grab a new 3ds if it's in your budget, then pick up xenoblade if you're a fan of RPG's. It's one of the best I've ever played (40 hours in, still not completed), but it's a new 3ds exclusive (for hardware reasons).

Here's a list of games that I'd recommend, too:

Super mario 3D land
Pokemon X&Y/ORAS
Monster Hunter 4
Mariokart 7 (if you have internet connection, especially)
Super Smash bros (if you're a fan)
Zelda Majora's mask

These are all compatable with the original 3DS

There are a few more that i've played, and that are cheap, but it wouldn't necessarily recommend them as a must buy, you know?

depends on what you like because honestly the vita memory cards are insanely priced but persona 4 golden is amazingly good and i hear the danganronpa series is good as wellif u want a vita.

Problem is outside of those 2 series Vita really doesn't have that much more to offer.

Where as 3DS, Well not only does it have a long list of quality title but the e-shop also houses some classic Nintendo games too.

Personally I prefer the Vita.  Persona 4 Golden, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Gravity Rush, Sonic All stars Racing, Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss...  and the only game on the 3DS I really got into was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  Outside of ports of old Nintendo games and a seemingly endless line of Pokémon (which I have no interest in) the 3DS had very little to offer IMO.

Also if you have PS+ you get a ton of stuff included on the Vita.... and Nintendo are dicks.

Zieglobaz likes this

The 3DS has a large library of really good games that are only available on the 3DS. The Vita has some of my favorite games but a lot of the games you can get on it are also available on the PSN or PS3 so you could get most of them on a console, often in a better version, if you have one or plan to get one ever. With the Vita you can download a lot of great Playstation, PSP, and PSN titles, if you get PS+ you can also get free games to play every month as long as you have the subscription. The 3DS gets you access to the DS library which has a lot of great games.

Some good games for the 3DS

Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward (also on Vita but the first game in the series is on the DS)

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Shantae Risky's Revenege

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies

Azure Striker Gunvolt

Tales of the Abyss

Devil Survivor Overclocked

Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

Persona Q

Fire Emblem Awakening

Smash Bros (probably much better to be played on the WiiU)

Xenoblade Chronicles

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Etrian Odyssey 4

Pokemon Series

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Professor Layton Series

Bravely Default

Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2

Monster Hunter 4

A lot of DS games

rairoken16 likes this

It all depends on what kind of games you like and the library of both the Vita and the 3DS. The Vita has some really good AAA games and indie games, the 3DS has amazing exclusives and some great indies.

Playstation Vita games I can recommend:

1. Freedom Wars

2. Persona 4 Golden

3. Danganroppa series

4. Guacamelee

5. Killzone Mercenary

6. Tales of Heart R

7. Dragon's Crown

8. Hotline Miami

9. Muramasa Rebirth

10. Superstardust Delta

11. Rogue Legacy

New 3DS game I recommend:

1. Xenoblades Chronicles

2. Bravely Default

3. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

4. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

5. LBX: Little Battlers Experience

6. The Binding of Issac: Rebirth

7. Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

8. Star Fox 3D

9. The Legend of Zelda: Link between Worlds

10. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

11. Project S.T.E.A.M.

12. Azure Striker Gunvolt

13. Shovel Knight

14. Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies

15. Fire Emblem Awakening

16. Smash Bros.

Problem is outside of those 2 series Vita really doesn't have that much more to offer.

Where as 3DS, Well not only does it have a long list of quality title but the e-shop also houses some classic Nintendo games too.

and those 2 series are arguably better than alot of stuff on the 3ds.

All the vita supportvsnd none of it mentions falcom titles... What the bleep.

Rather than toss titles at you, consider that the 3ds has sales more often. But the vita, when it has a sale, they are way bette. 3ds are like 25-30% off while vita like 50-75% off.

All the vita supportvsnd none of it mentions falcom titles... What the bleep.

Rather than toss titles at you, consider that the 3ds has sales more often. But the vita, when it has a sale, they are way bette. 3ds are like 25-30% off while vita like 50-75% off.

Flip side of that coin, Sales are only ever cheaper when they have more trouble selling the item at the standard price.

So the only reason Vita stuff is up to 75% off is because they can't sell it any other way.

Thats an assumption, and even if true that is by no means a determining factor of the games in question. I got demon gaze for examplr for like 6 bucks or something, and not only is it good, but dungeon crawl fans seem to treat it as the standard to aspire to.

Ine game I did not grt cuz the demo convinced me the game stunk was mind=0. Which not only do people feel is better on the vita than the 3ds, but also was similarly cheaper on the vita than the ds by a large margin.

Then there is dragons crown on sale now, one of it not the best beatemups ive ever played.