• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

23 posts in this topic

Yes it seems that we are not quiet done yet with the Kingdom Heart Collection Games because we have another come, the last one before Kingdom Hearts 3. This one contains Dream Drop Distance, Unchained X (now called Back Cover), and Birth by Sleep 0.2 Fragmented Passage, an entirely new one that takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep from the perspective of Aqua:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/tgs-2015-kingdom-hearts-28-final-chapter-prologue-announced?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=7&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55f7d9c894ed54df0f000019

CaptGinger likes this

That title though. XD

Personally, didn't expect this game collection to be mentioned here on the Angry Army, but I'm not complaining. :3

I suppose this is our KH Game for 2016, with KH3 in 2017 potentially.

CaptGinger likes this

That title though. XD

Personally, didn't expect this game collection to be mentioned here on the Angry Army, but I'm not complaining. :3

I suppose this is our KH Game for 2016, with KH3 in 2017 potentially.

Hey there are some KH fans here so had to give to the news. XD

Now though this means I have to hurry up and finish Birth by Sleep from KH2.5HD Remix.

SuperiorKunivas and CaptGinger like this

KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP 0.2! PLAY AS AQUA! EXPLORE REALM OF DARKNESS! LEADS INTO KINGDOM HEARTS 3! NEW ENGINE!

giphy.gif

CaptGinger likes this

Well there is a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts FCP 2.8. There's a typo in the name because this definitely wasn't shown last year though:

We get our first looks at Birth by Sleep A Fragmented Passage as well as Kingdom Hearts Back Cover. Fragmented Passage is an epilogue to Birth by Sleep it would seem or at least continues with Aqua's story while she is trapped in the Realm of Darkness and Back Cover deals with the app game. Back Cover I'm somewhat surprised by because it has it's own animation which actually looks pretty neat,

At the end of the trailer we also see something about upcoming announcements this winter for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm not sure how to react does that mean we aren't seeing Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3? That would be kind of disappointing.

Aqua! Gameplay! Terra! Daybreak town! Keyblade War! TERRA! December 2016! KINGDOM HEARTS 3! TERRA!

Serious note I am excited about what we've seen with Fragmented Passage gameplay wise, as it's the closest we'll get to Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay until it comes out (Seeing how it is built from the same engine.) As for Back Cover looks beautiful as it's also built from the Kingdom Hearts 3 engine. However I wonder because if anyone doesn't know Back Cover reveal the events leading up the Keyblade War. Will we see the Keyblade War, and what happen afterwards? Finally it sucks that Kingdom Hearts 3 news is most likely getting pushed back to December, and possibly won't be at E3. But at the sametime might be good for us, atleast than they focus on one game at a time. Knowing that 2.8 is out the door soon and it is the last KH game to be release leading to KH3 is a nice feeling to have.

I have bought all of the remixes, sadly without having the system to play them.

likes this

Aqua's story is the only reason why I'm buying 2.8. She and Terra are what keeps me invested in the series.

A YouTuber (Not the one speaking in the video) was able to get footage of the new title Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2 Fragment Passage, which is inside of the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. There is no audio as all the footage was captured over the shoulder in third person (Sounds like they aren't letting much of the game get shown yet). Also Included a E3 interview done by the PlayStation Live crew.

Square-enix official Japanese YouTube channel has uploaded gameplay of the E3 playable demos for Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep 0.2 Fragment Passage. So no over the shoulder shakey cam, actual capture footaged.

Following the official start of E3 2016, Dengeki (A Japanese new publishing business) posted a new interview with series director Tetsuya Nomura. The Interview focuses on the newly revealed Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue demos that premiered at E3 2016 as well as other details surrounding the game and it's development in conjunction with Kingdom Hearts 3. The following information is posted on KH13 a fan site dedicated to the Kingdom Hearts news, who translated the Dengeki interview. Source is always included and encouraged to be used. Also will be adding a video made by a YouTuber who goes over these points and explains them/gives him own take on what this all means.

KH13 article source: http://kh13.com/news/new-interview-with-series-director-tetsuya-nomura-about-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-and-kingdom-hearts-iii

• Even though the news is not incoming as quickly as fans would hope, development is not delayed
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- being the length of one world pertains more to the length of one world in Kingdom Hearts III. Tetsuya Nomura promises that this volume will be a decent length.
  • The battle system in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- is a mixture of Birth by Sleep as well as Kingdom Hearts III; the command deck is not present but special attacks and such consume MP as they would in previous games like Kingdom Hearts II. Magic will effect the surrounding area, as previously talked about for Kingdom Hearts III. Using magic in different sequences will also create different effects on enemies (such as using Blizzard and then Thunder).
  • Lighting is something they focused on a lot during design for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III even though it hasn't been much of a major focus previously in the series.
  • Height within the playable features of the world is something that was also focused on for these games.
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD plays with 60 frames per second.
  • A new Dream Eater is introduced in the version of Dream Drop Distance included in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue named Catnuki (or Pondanyan in Japanese) which is a combination of a cat and a racoon dog (more commonly known as a Tanuki)
  • Tetsuya Nomura would like to give more Kingdom Hearts III news but at the moment it is important to focus on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue so he asks fans to please look forward to winter of this year for more news.
  • Information will be released regularly from Autumn until launch in December for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Tetsuya Nomura is hoping to get a playable demo for their Japanese audience to experience.

Well it got delayed.

We don't know why but I am willing to bet it might have something to do with having a PS4 Pro version.

Which if that's the case... REALLY!?

Other than that this trailer pulled on them heart strings and excited new strings.

cant wait! been excited for this game for a long time

Here is a bunch of news that came out in the last day.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Boxart - http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-2-8-Boxart-Revealed-7097 

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 site confirms DLC - http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-HD-2-8-Final-Chapter-Prologue-website-confirms-DLC-7101

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 English trailer confirms NA and EU have to wait longer than Japan - http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-8-Final-Chapter-Prologue-English-TGS-Trailer-7105

Message from Tetsuya Nomura and also confirms PS4 Pro version - http://www.khinsider.com/news/Message-from-Tetsuya-Nomura-about-Kingdom-Hearts-HD-II-8-Final-Chapter-Prologue-7113

17 minutes of raw gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 2.8

I would have preferred they not release any other remixes til Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out but that is just me :P

On 12/9/2016 at 8:30 PM, Would you Kindly said:

I would have preferred they not release any other remixes til Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out but that is just me :P

To be fair only one game is an actual remix and that one you definitely need to see/play because there are story elements in that one if you don't know about you probably are going to be lost with KH3. A Fragmented Passage is entirely new and runs on the engine they will be using for KH3, probably to show how Aqua gets out of the dark world or the beginnings of reuniting her with her friends to eventually aid in fighting Xehanort. Back Cover seems to be showing off the original Keyblade War everything began and is entirely new as well though it ties in with the mobile game.

While I understand it is quite tiring to see remixes of the series, they are just trying to get everyone ready for KH3 and have them have all the information they need to understand what is going on. Though at the same time it is kind of odd that all of these are only on Playstation systems yet KH3 is going to be on Xbone as well.

21 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

Though at the same time it is kind of odd that all of these are only on Playstation systems yet KH3 is going to be on Xbone as well.

I mean in the past I would have thought for 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes that cause the original games were PS exclusive back in the day, that maybe that carried over. However, none of the games in 2.8 Remix have that case. Two of them are brand new installments and the last one was a 3DS game. So... maybe a sign to come that KH3 may not be for XB1? Or that maybe XB1 guys will be getting another collection that contains all the Remixes? We'll see.

Japan already have this game! And the playthroughs are out already. Only 2 hours 30 minutes for Birth By Sleep 0.2. That's... what I pretty much expected out of that game since it's just a preview. Cool preview for Kingdom Hearts 3 though.

This is the first time I heard Donald and Goofy's japanese dub. That is exactly what I imagined what they would sound like in Japanese. Perfect casting!

GIVE ME KINGDOM HEARTS 3 NOW GODDAMN IT! This little preview just makes me want this game even more! ARRRRGHHHH!!!