• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Splatulated

Discussing Frequency of Joe Reviews (Only Thread)

112 posts in this topic

been half a month since MGS V and mad max were released and i feel that if his channel was still gonna do game reviews he would have done one of them 

i wish joe would at least say if his channels thing is changing from reviews to lets plays or something else entirely 

In almost every one of Joe's recent videos or posts he says that he is working on the Metal Gear review and that it will be out this weekend and that he has been working on some other things, in addition to helping Other Joe move and dealing with a health issue. He also does not get most games sent to him before release so him playing through something like Metal Gear Solid V is going to take him some time.

Psykogrl likes this

been half a month since MGS V and mad max were released and i feel that if his channel was still gonna do game reviews he would have done one of them 

i wish joe would at least say if his channels thing is changing from reviews to lets plays or something else entirely 

In almost every one of Joe's recent videos or posts he says that he is working on the Metal Gear review and that it will be out this weekend and that he has been working on some other things, in addition to helping Other Joe move and dealing with a health issue. He also does not get most games sent to him before release so him playing through something like Metal Gear Solid V is going to take him some time.

what legolas said and also i tried asking joe if he could review until dawn and he just said "noooo i have to move on" why would he say that

why would he say that

Because he is already reviewing a title that was released weeks ago in Metal Gear and he needs to start working on current releases. If he tried to review every game that he misses he would never be able to review new games as they release.

undeadslayer4 likes this

Because he is already reviewing a title that was released weeks ago in Metal Gear and he needs to start working on current releases. If he tried to review every game that he misses he would never be able to review new games as they release.

why does he need to review new games ? old games are good too

Glaice likes this

why does he need to review new games ? old games are good too

yes old game are good but as a reviewer you have to know that reviewing a game week/month after the game is release will affect your review and it will attract less people because they saw other review or simply brought the game. Sure people will still watch his review because he hilarious (thank to other Joe who make his review 10x funnier ) and because his review are well made but the people who are looking for a review and are not subscribed to AJ will most likely miss his review or skip it 

yes old game are good but as a reviewer you have to know that reviewing a game week/month after the game is release will affect your review and it will attract less people because they saw other review or simply brought the game. Sure people will still watch his review because he hilarious (thank to other Joe who make his review 10x funnier ) and because his review are well made but the people who are looking for a review and are not subscribed to AJ will most likely miss his review or skip it 

Then maybe he should put his long time fans first instead of people who are simply looking for any review of a game.  Just saying.  Him only reviewing the newest games is the reason why he hardly does any reviews now and the reason why the whole "There was nothing to review in whatever month" argument gets used all the time.

Then maybe he should put his long time fans first instead of people who are simply looking for any review of a game.  Just saying.  Him only reviewing the newest games is the reason why he hardly does any reviews now and the reason why the whole "There was nothing to review in whatever month" argument gets used all the time.

The primary purpose of his game reviews and in fact all his content from his lets plays, movie reviews, trailer reactions, interviews and his streaming on Twitch is consumer advice, there is little to no point in doing that for older games.  Of course he does make an effort to have quality productions that have entertainment value.

You'll find that there are lots of channels that give consumer advice for the latest releases like Jim Sterling.  Now I'm not say their not entertaining either but they don't have the same production value because they want to cover as much games as possible.  Most of it is just a voice over on top of game-play footage or illustrative images.

Then you get the opposite where the reviews are pretty much just for the cynical entertainment.  This is usually for much olde rgames that can't be bought in the current market so there is no (or at least not as much) pressure to get them out quickly.  The most famous example is of course AVGN.

The problem with the way Angry Joe does this is that it is a "best of Both" approach in that he's pushed to get the review out as quickly as possible for a current release like Jim yet also have a full production like AVGN, he can't win!  So he does what In my opinion is the absolutely the right thing to do which is fill the necessary gaps in his reviews with other content, and people complain about that?

The primary purpose of his game reviews and in fact all his content from his lets plays, movie reviews, trailer reactions, interviews and his streaming on Twitch is consumer advice, there is little to no point in doing that for older games.  Of course he does make an effort to have quality productions that have entertainment value.

You'll find that there are lots of channels that give consumer advice for the latest releases like Jim Sterling.  Now I'm not say their not entertaining either but they don't have the same production value because they want to cover as much games as possible.  Most of it is just a voice over on top of game-play footage or illustrative images.

Then you get the opposite where the reviews are pretty much just for the cynical entertainment.  This is usually for much olde rgames that can't be bought in the current market so there is no (or at least not as much) pressure to get them out quickly.  The most famous example is of course AVGN.

The problem with the way Angry Joe does this is that it is a "best of Both" approach in that he's pushed to get the review out as quickly as possible for a current release like Jim yet also have a full production like AVGN, he can't win!  So he does what In my opinion is the absolutely the right thing to do which is fill the necessary gaps in his reviews with other content, and people complain about that?

Dont get me wrong i dont mind the content he puts out but i can see why people complain and even suggest he is abit of a sell out.

Dont get me wrong i dont mind the content he puts out but i can see why people complain and even suggest he is abit of a sell out.

let them say he is a sellout because it is his channel he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Also what is the point of reviewing old games and what do you mean by old games? Should he go back and review halo 4 and what would the point be? He is not like fucking IGN or Gamespot where they get copies way ahead of time and have a whole team of people revierw the game and in some cases take money for good scores. The worst he has done was publicly announce that he was contacted by a company to look at their game such as with his recent Company of Heroes review which alot of people do and some channels until recently haven't disclosed that at all and alot of popular streamers on twitch do it all the time. 

People don't like this but Joe does not have to answer to anybody but himself and his channel does not have to cater to one specific group base and if you only like his review videos wait for his review videos and if you don't like him because "he is taking too long" get the fuck over yourself.

Also if you want a review of until dawn may i suggest Jaysons Rage becausde he sums up that turd quite well

oh ok but what about june, july and august he could do it then

People don't like this but Joe does not have to answer to anybody but himself and his channel does not have to cater to one specific group base and if you only like his review videos wait for his review videos and if you don't like him because "he is taking too long" get the fuck over yourself.

I can understand wanting to see his reviews for entertainment purposes but if that is the reason I don't know why those same people don't just watch him stream or do other videos since he typically keeps the same personality. There's no shortage of reviews for people to read with a variety of different takes on a game, I don't know why people care so much about just having Joe's opinion to the point that they will wait weeks after a game's release to get it if Joe says it is good.

Next year? It would be the same issue, he should be working on whatever reviews or projects he is doing in those months.

undeadslayer4 and Sargefan19 like this

may i suggest Jayson's Rage

<3

But seriously. He's a busy guy who had Real Life things to deal with as well as making his income from various sources like Twitch.

There are a lot of people who bitch about the slow pace of review releases and at the same time bitch when he doesn't stream. To those people: Shut up.

Sargefan19 likes this

I can understand wanting to see his reviews for entertainment purposes but if that is the reason I don't know why those same people don't just watch him stream or do other videos since he typically keeps the same personality. There's no shortage of reviews for people to read with a variety of different takes on a game, I don't know why people care so much about just having Joe's opinion to the point that they will wait weeks after a game's release to get it if Joe says it is good.

because there is some sort of mentallity going around that people owe them something for no reason. I seriously don't know where it comes from especially with Joe now because he use to never review all the games in the past especially when he wasn't streaming now him other joe and delrith stream alot he puts out videos that are showing actual games and how he interacts with them (which kinda shows you what he thinks of them) and is broadening his channel. PEople say he is becoming a lets player i say they don't know what a let's player is because if he wanted to do that him and del could easily within a weeks worth of stream content come up with half a months worth of daily youtube videos like gamegrumps and 2 best friends play,

<3

But seriously. He's a busy guy who had Real Life things to deal with as well as making his income from various sources like Twitch.

There are a lot of people who bitch about the slow pace of review releases and at the same time bitch when he doesn't stream. To those people: Shut up.

I like your videos and you did a great review. I just don't think people get how much time and effort go into some of his reviews as well as streaming even if it is not every day anybody who does it knows it does take an effort and time to do so especially how joe does it so they think he can slap stuff together within 2 days and put it out

Next year? It would be the same issue, he should be working on whatever reviews or projects he is doing in those months.

ya but theres never really any games during those months

let them say he is a sellout because it is his channel he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Also what is the point of reviewing old games and what do you mean by old games? Should he go back and review halo 4 and what would the point be? He is not like fucking IGN or Gamespot where they get copies way ahead of time and have a whole team of people revierw the game and in some cases take money for good scores. The worst he has done was publicly announce that he was contacted by a company to look at their game such as with his recent Company of Heroes review which alot of people do and some channels until recently haven't disclosed that at all and alot of popular streamers on twitch do it all the time. 

Also if you want a review of until dawn may i suggest Jaysons Rage becausde he sums up that turd quite well and if hes not going to review until dawn or other games then hes shouldnt put review mode on when he plays those games on twitch

why he reviewed the last of us and that came the year before

I think that was because he (among many others) didn't get a chance to play it when it first came out.  I also got the impression he didn't feel that buying a PS3 when the PS4 was coming in less than a year was worth it but he really wanted to review it because the game itself is really good and deserves recognition.

Sargefan19 and undeadslayer4 like this

You mean the months that he edits and uploads the interviews he has for E3 / Whatever other conferences he does? Along with whatever Movie Reviews, Rant Videos that come up? And how he does review whatever games that DO come out for those months?

Game Reviews that came out in June, July and / or August:

Along with tons of Angry Interviews, E3 related videos and Movie Reviews. A few rants here and there and Let's Play videos. This is if he doesn't go to any other conference like Pax or that one in Canada that he went to last year (or the other year).

He reviewed the PS4 version, the one with higher framerate and all the DLC.

For me I'm not watching his stuff anymore, I find his movie reviews ranty and awful, and I don't really enjoy his twitch stuff/early impression stuff. The reviews aren't too frequent anymore, but I do still watch those when he puts them up, just nothing else. Also not a fan of Other Joe or Delerith that much at all, so their increased presence in his videos and stuff is completely turning me off the channel.

I'm not mad about it, or going to create a fuss, his channel, he can do what he wants, just not really for me anymore.

undeadslayer4 and Elikal like this

For me I'm not watching his stuff anymore, I find his movie reviews ranty and awful, and I don't really enjoy his twitch stuff/early impression stuff. The reviews aren't too frequent anymore, but I do still watch those when he puts them up, just nothing else. Also not a fan of Other Joe or Delerith that much at all, so their increased presence in his videos and stuff is completely turning me off the channel.

I'm not mad about it, or going to create a fuss, his channel, he can do what he wants, just not really for me anymore.

what do u have against other joe and delrith

You mean the months that he edits and uploads the interviews he has for E3 / Whatever other conferences he does? Along with whatever Movie Reviews, Rant Videos that come up? And how he does review whatever games that DO come out for those months?

Game Reviews that came out in June, July and / or August:

Along with tons of Angry Interviews, E3 related videos and Movie Reviews. A few rants here and there and Let's Play videos. This is if he doesn't go to any other conference like Pax or that one in Canada that he went to last year (or the other year).

He reviewed the PS4 version, the one with higher framerate and all the DLC.

ya but couldn't he use that time to find other non mainstream games to review 

ya but couldn't he use that time to find other non mainstream games to review 

You mean like he already does:

Might as well have been a review.

Even Rocket League isn't a mainstream title. The fact that he can't even review all the games that he wants already says he has no time to spare. Even during the slow release months he's still pretty busy.

what do u have against other joe and delrith

Not wanting to watch people doesn't mean you have something personally against him. A lot of people that watch Angry Joe don't want to watch Delrith. A good amount of people seem to like watching Other Joe more than Joe. I'm not that interested in any of their content unless Joe has an exclusive interview or gameplay demonstration.

Nothing personally, just find them dull and unentertaining, especially Other Joe

Holy moly joe's last video ramped up the dislikes. People want reviews galore apparently. I dont demand anything since, it dont have any right to do it. Nobody has. It's his channel he does what he wants with it. 

Off topic: Do you guys know any game reviewer that is unbiased and that posts reviews more frequently? Or that covers more titles? I still watch AJ, but i also want to see some reviews on other games that he hasn't covered up.