• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Splatulated

Discussing Frequency of Joe Reviews (Only Thread)

112 posts in this topic

After 3 years of subscribing to his channel, I've unsubbed.

He gained my subscription for his timely game reviews.   I don't give a flying unicorn about movie reviews or twitch sessions ( which I seem to be informed of every other day ).     I have nothing against Other Joe or Delrith, but my sub was for Angry Joe, not the others.

I love his game reviews.   IMO, the addition of the other content has created a situation where his game reviews, end of year reviews, etc..  are lacking.

I expect flames for my opinion and messages of goodbye, goodridance, etc...     But I've never been a "fanboi".   I have directly contributed to his funds though.   

Good luck.

Glaice likes this

Lol, it cracks me up when people complain about something they are getting for free...

"Goddamn it! Why is it taking so long for my free entertainment?!? I'm going to bitch on the internet and stomp my feet and hold my breath until someone pays attention to me!!"

No one is forcing you to watch.

Shagger and undeadslayer4 like this

I have noticed that Joe hasn't out up a game review in a while. Hopefully he starts doing them again. Watching his reviews is what made me a fan of his channel.

Lol, it cracks me up when people complain about something they are getting for free...

"Goddamn it! Why is it taking so long for my free entertainment?!? I'm going to bitch on the internet and stomp my feet and hold my breath until someone pays attention to me!!"

No one is forcing you to watch.

I literally had to make an account just to comment on this. This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever read on the internet.

Just because it is free does not mean we aren't allowed to voice an opinion. Joe makes THOUSANDS off of us and lives a more than substantial lifestyle off of his videos so don't act like he gets jack shit for what he does. 

The fact that it has been TWO MONTHS since his last game review proves to show Joe is lacking. His top 10s always came out in the end of December, but now they come out (AND STILL NOT DONE) in late January???

I love Joe and his content, but to sit here and act like nothing is wrong and everyone bitching are selfish, that is just plain dumb.

He comes out with 20x more promotional games that look boring as shit instead of putting content out that we all want: game reviews.

He has done way more Twitch stream and when you combine that with his promo game videos, it so obvious to see what happened here:

Joe saw the $$$$ and said "fuck you!" to everyone that subscribed in the first place. Joe has become worse than the very video game corporations he bashes.

Glaice likes this

I literally had to make an account just to comment on this. This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever read on the internet.

Just because it is free does not mean we aren't allowed to voice an opinion. Joe makes THOUSANDS off of us and lives a more than substantial lifestyle off of his videos so don't act like he gets jack shit for what he does. 

The fact that it has been TWO MONTHS since his last game review proves to show Joe is lacking. His top 10s always came out in the end of December, but now they come out (AND STILL NOT DONE) in late January???

I love Joe and his content, but to sit here and act like nothing is wrong and everyone bitching are selfish, that is just plain dumb.

He comes out with 20x more promotional games that look boring as shit instead of putting content out that we all want: game reviews.

He has done way more Twitch stream and when you combine that with his promo game videos, it so obvious to see what happened here:

Joe saw the $$$$ and said "fuck you!" to everyone that subscribed in the first place. Joe has become worse than the very video game corporations he bashes.

I personally he should focus a bit more on reviews. I still think he should do what he is doing but he should take a day or two out of the week and focus on making the reviews. Then he can leave the rest of the days to do the other funny and interesting content. Do not get me wrong, I like most of his content but the thing that made me a fan was the honesty of his reviews

About the Top 10 lists being done by December:

Top 10 Lists for 2010:

Jan 22, 2011

Feb 16, 2011

Top 10 lists of 2011:

Dec 30, 2011

Jan 8, 2012

Jan 4, 2012

Top 10 Lists of 2012:

December 29, 2012

January 1, 2013

January 8, 2013

Top 10 Lists of 2013:

January 2, 2014

January 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNQPi9iOSw

January 22, 2014

Top 10 Lists for 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm9SybNdg0

December 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLMwocAFrk

January 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTjHXiN4qw

January 30, 2014

Not disagreeing that he COULD do more reviews, but compared to past years, he's been busier as he's going to conventions (he's currently at Pax) and going to Developers and events.

About the Top 10 lists being done by December:

Top 10 Lists for 2010:

Jan 22, 2011

Feb 16, 2011

Top 10 lists of 2011:

Dec 30, 2011

Jan 8, 2012

Jan 4, 2012

Top 10 Lists of 2012:

December 29, 2012

January 1, 2013

January 8, 2013

Top 10 Lists of 2013:

January 2, 2014

January 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNQPi9iOSw

January 22, 2014

Top 10 Lists for 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm9SybNdg0

December 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLMwocAFrk

January 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTjHXiN4qw

January 30, 2014

Not disagreeing that he COULD do more reviews, but compared to past years, he's been busier as he's going to conventions (he's currently at Pax) and going to Developers and events.

So you take out 2010, this year has been the latest he has started with the top 10 list, that is 4 years of him doing the lists sooner.

But again, the really issue here are the game reviews. And you are right, Joe has been busy. But lets not act like he couldn't maybe instead of doing some dumb promo video, he could of made a Just Cause 3 review. Or maybe instead of streaming a stupid pirates board game last night, he could of worked on a review. I am not saying Joe has to give up his social life, but I mean come on. Two months is ridiculous. 

So you take out 2010, this year has been the latest he has started with the top 10 list, that is 4 years of him doing the lists sooner.

He did start the lists sooner, however he didn't finish until January (or even February the next year). The has two of the three lists for 2015 done, so he's still a bit on track for this one. Guessing he'll finish up and upload the last one after he gets back from Pax.

But again, the really issue here are the game reviews. And you are right, Joe has been busy. But lets not act like he couldn't maybe instead of doing some dumb promo video, he could of made a Just Cause 3 review. Or maybe instead of streaming a stupid pirates board game last night, he could of worked on a review. I am not saying Joe has to give up his social life, but I mean come on. Two months is ridiculous.

Although I don't watch his boardgame streams, I respect that it's his channel and he's free to do what he wants on it.

I'm guessing the reason he didn't make reviews for Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and whatever other notable games that has come out since then is that he didn't finish those games in time for the review to be relevant. Which is the reason reviewers who do get review copies have an advantage over those who don't. By the time he does finish those games (if he even did), it's time for another thing, like the top 10 lists. It's a shame that he's substituting Let's Play videos for actual reviews. However one can tell his thoughts on a game from those as well. I would personally like more game reviews too, but this is the direction he wants to go. All we can do is not watch his videos that we aren't interested in, or just not watch any of his content in protest entirely.

I agree joe should balance and maintain between game reviews, lets plays and board games and focused on the lists on december if he did that he would have more time to do reviews on the games that need his attention but to be honest i dont think he'll need to do COD and AC unless they do something that gets his attention 

joe's explains the reasons here he said that he used to spend 80 hrs on his videos and that he never got enough sleep had only 1 hr of sleep but now that OJ and Delrith are working full time with joe he keeps promising that this year will be more reviews so basically he doesnt have anymore excuses 

joe's explains the reasons here he said that he used to spend 80 hrs on his videos and that he never got enough sleep had only 1 hr of sleep but now that OJ and Delrith are working full time with joe he keeps promising that this year will be more reviews so basically he doesnt have anymore excuses 

Okay I understand now. He works a lot. The panel was entertaining. I sat and watched the whole thing. I never really do but I did this time. Other Joe had me laughing at my job and I got in trouble for it. Thanks Other Joe ( It was worth it lol)

On another note, I wonder if Joe even reads this lol. He probably does but does not post because then people will bombard him with questions I am assuming.

Edited by LaSombraX25

Okay I understand now. He works a lot. The panel was entertaining. I sat and watched the whole thing. I never really do but I did this time. Other Joe had me laughing at my job and I got in trouble for it. Thanks Other Joe ( It was worth it lol)

ya same thing with me

On another note, I wonder if Joe even reads this lol. He probably does but does not post because then people will bombard him with questions I am assuming.

ya i highly doubt it last time i checked his last post was about a year ago and what meatshield said

Wouldn't get my hopes up. He had Delrith helping him last year too, and I think in a bit of 2014. Other Joe will be able to help him during his Let's Plays and skits for reviews, and maybe even give him some footage to use for said reviews. But he still personally finishes the games before reviewing them, like a good reviewer would, and that still takes time. If he doesn't finish it by the time that a review would still be relevant, like if there isn't a ton of reviews out for something yet, then chances are he won't review the game. If he doesn't finish it at all, like Bloodborne or Dark Souls, he's just going to put up some Let's Play video of it. Which is the same as he's been doing last year.

Sadly, that's a no.

Wouldn't get my hopes up. He had Delrith helping him last year too, and I think in a bit of 2014. Other Joe will be able to help him during his Let's Plays and skits for reviews, and maybe even give him some footage to use for said reviews. But he still personally finishes the games before reviewing them, like a good reviewer would, and that still takes time. If he doesn't finish it by the time that a review would still be relevant, like if there isn't a ton of reviews out for something yet, then chances are he won't review the game. If he doesn't finish it at all, like Bloodborne or Dark Souls, he's just going to put up some Let's Play video of it. Which is the same as he's been doing last year.

well who knows maybe it'll be different this year

well who knows maybe it'll be different this year

I'm sure people thought that last year too.

undeadslayer4 likes this

I'm sure people thought that last year too.

2 reviews per month for the first 4-5 months its better than nothing

2 reviews per month for the first 4-5 months its better than nothing

Question being is that if he can actually deliver. Are there even that many games coming out in four to five months? I guess if he reviews more indie titles he MAY be able to do it.

Question being is that if he can actually deliver. Are there even that many games coming out in four to five months? I guess if he reviews more indie titles he MAY be able to do it.

true he could review that friday the 13th game that got successfully kickstarted 

Well if you ask me I think that change is necessary. If joe only stuck to doing reviews and nothing else he wouldn't have the follower base he does.  Granted this is all just my opinion so take it as you will, but I believe that Joe cares more about interacting with his community over just doing reviews. That is what makes his channel so good! I think the reviews will keep coming but you might see more of a shift to him playing actual games with his community he has created. I know I went a little off topic with this post, but this is why I believe the reviews have been a little slower, and I think it's a step in the right direction! :) 

hey what happened to the top 10 controversies of 2015 he just went and did a xcom 2 review its important he needs to discuss about what happened to kojima, the fine bros and the arkham knight pc crash

hey what happened to the top 10 controversies of 2015 he just went and did a xcom 2 review its important he needs to discuss about what happened to kojima, the fine bros and the arkham knight pc crash

I'm kinda dissapinted on that as well but I don't think it's gonna happen unless he plans to do it  once he gets back from Paris.

undeadslayer4 likes this

I'm kinda dissapinted on that as well but I don't think it's gonna happen unless he plans to do it  once he gets back from Paris.

why is he going to paris

Well if you ask me I think that change is necessary. If joe only stuck to doing reviews and nothing else he wouldn't have the follower base he does.  Granted this is all just my opinion so take it as you will, but I believe that Joe cares more about interacting with his community over just doing reviews. That is what makes his channel so good! I think the reviews will keep coming but you might see more of a shift to him playing actual games with his community he has created. I know I went a little off topic with this post, but this is why I believe the reviews have been a little slower, and I think it's a step in the right direction! :)

Really so why did he make this very forum/webpage only to have nothing to do with it afterwards?

On another note when is the conspiracies vid coming?

hey what happened to the top 10 controversies of 2015

Wasnt fine bros shit this year though? And thats not pertaining to gaming anyways, well, at least not specifically.

However, where did the 2015 controversies video go? Almost 3 months in to 2016 with no video or peep so I assume it went to the black abyss at this point. Why is in the dark abyss though? Joe didnt have time? He didnt want to get assblasted like before over the GG segment of the 2014 video? Shame, the controversy videos are always golden.

Honestly, I was just hoping to see whether or not Joe would include his nintendo debacle.

undeadslayer4 likes this