• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Splatulated

Discussing Frequency of Joe Reviews (Only Thread)

112 posts in this topic

joe's explains the reasons here he said that he used to spend 80 hrs on his videos and that he never got enough sleep had only 1 hr of sleep but now that OJ and Delrith are working full time with joe he keeps promising that this year will be more reviews so basically he doesnt have anymore excuses 

Getting one hour of sleep is not an excuse for falling back on your own work. If you're gonna put your health at risk for your job, something is not right.

hey what happened to the top 10 controversies of 2015 he just went and did a xcom 2 review its important he needs to discuss about what happened to kojima, the fine bros and the arkham knight pc crash

That I am wondering too.

Wasnt fine bros shit this year though? And thats not pertaining to gaming anyways, well, at least not specifically.

However, where did the 2015 controversies video go? Almost 3 months in to 2016 with no video or peep so I assume it went to the black abyss at this point. Why is in the dark abyss though? Joe didnt have time? He didnt want to get assblasted like before over the GG segment of the 2014 video? Shame, the controversy videos are always golden.

Yes, the FineBros nonsense occurred back in Feburary and Joe should get back to a consistent schedule and I don't know....reply every once in a while as a person and not a figurehead? He doesn't seem to have a problem using Twitter and Facebook casually so why not browse the forums for a half hour, reply if necessary and go back to business? Having a head actually reply occasionally would be a nice thing to do and don't give me that "He's too busy" nonsense. If he can post on Twitter and Facebook, he can have the time to post periodically on his own forums with the community he built up over the years.

Honestly, I was just hoping to see whether or not Joe would include his nintendo debacle.

Nintendo will just shaft him if he puts ANY Nintendo content in said video. He should have learned his lesson with that stream he uploaded, but he ended up able to monetize the following rant video on that.

I don't care about movie reviews, Twitch streams, reaction videos, gaming conferences or interviews, mostly reviews, rants and if it appeals to me, the short let's play videos. I just feel he has changed for the worse over the past 2-3 years.

And for crying out guys, stop QUOTING YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

TamaskanLEM and undeadslayer4 like this

Yes, the FineBros nonsense occurred back in Feburary and Joe should get back to a consistent schedule and I don't know....reply every once in a while as a person and not a figurehead? He doesn't seem to have a problem using Twitter and Facebook casually so why not browse the forums for a half hour, reply if necessary and go back to business? Having a head actually reply occasionally would be a nice thing to do and don't give me that "He's too busy" nonsense. If he can post on Twitter and Facebook, he can have the time to post periodically on his own forums with the community he built up over the years.

i agree i dont know why he's keep making the excuse hes too busy except for the part that hes making 3 games he's never going to conferences all the time except for E3, Pax and interviewing devs

I don't care about movie reviews, Twitch streams, reaction videos, gaming conferences or interviews, mostly reviews, rants and if it appeals to me, the short let's play videos. I just feel he has changed for the worse over the past 2-3 years.

Comparing his content to 3 years ago what the difference anyway

And for crying out guys, stop QUOTING YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

what do u mean

Replying to people who linked videos, it's a waste of bandwidth, especially if the video was just in the previous post.

I feel like Joe sold out.

Why he didn't make Street Fighter V Review? Because Capcom payed him... "Don't say anything wrong about SFV bla bla fu^%$n bla"

Because Capcom payed him... "Don't say anything wrong about SFV bla bla fu^%$n bla"

Not exactly, but because he's working with Capcom on a Street Fighter board game. He didn't want to ruffle feathers in the partnership. 

Think he'd be more of a sellout if he still reviewed the game despite that and gave it a good review.

He's a human being that has a life to live beyond his work. Who knows what's going on in his personal life, not to mention the recent..thing that happened. Can you imagine how demoralizing that could be? Or to read that people you've never met feel like you owe them something and are ragging on you even though they're not even involved in making it happen?

I'd rather he take his time and do it right then rush anything. If he has fun and enjoys what he's doing then it's going to show and that's one of the main reasons I watch his content. The guy is into it and even when he gets pissed he's still going to smile and try to find the humor in it. If he were to meet every persons demands and expectations.. well, he can't, no one could, and if he did one day then it'd be even higher demands and expectations the next. Gaming, to me at least, is about having fun and unwinding, if those elements are subtracted it's.. just lame. Why even bother at that point, it's not as though he wouldn't succeed in other arena's, like movie reviews or whatever else he's interested in.

Also....you know, people are saying he's sold out, implying he's not working hard enough, etc, then are annoyed when he doesn't want to come by and talk to them.. can you really blame the guy? If I were him i'd be on these forums under a different name to avoid having to deal with some of the negativity. As for working with devs and stuff.. wasn't that a goal of his? Maybe he skipped a review to have a hand in a game to make it better.. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and regurgitate an over used saying, "sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.". Maybe he made a mistake, no big deal, we all make mistakes, especially when we're under pressure from a bunch of people. Maybe he just decided not to review that game or felt he didn't have time.

That's just my two cents. I hope everyone has a great day and that no one was offended or pissed off by my post.

Seirex likes this

You have to remember not everyone is going to like every little piece of content he puts out, and my previous points still hold. When you deviate from your typical content, it's going to annoy some.

undeadslayer4 likes this

Meh its like the gameing industry, if games stayed the same it would get boring and repetitive, gonna piss off the fanboys at first who liked how the original ran but eventually they go with it along with the new fans the change brings in.

Some deviation is OK, it's if you bring too much change in some eyebrows are gonna raise and question your content. And I still think Joe is a hypocrite for complaining 3 months ago with the SF5 beta footage he posted then posting a very mild "Angry Rant" that has 15 minutes of gameplay appended at the end. Like 1316thekiller said, he has influence and should use it in the manner  such as "I bought the game and it's an incomplete mess, wait until they put everything in and don't be the fool like myself who got the Collector's Edition", not that weak-ass rant with game footage of him enjoying it at the end.

Is it just me or have I been noticing over the past year it has felt like Angry Joe is putting less effort and consistency in videos as well as it being more about him (in some videos) instead of the community? I can't be the only one around here thinking like this here..

Why bother having social media accounts if you rarely reply to the community, let alone almost never posting to this forum as yourself? You created the community, you should at least reply to things occasionally if you post to Twitter frequently.

I have another bone to pick now, what's the deal with the trailer reaction videos and movie stuff? Wasn't the channel supposed to be more about games? I know there are video game trailer things but frankly, they're just boring as hell to me.

I swear, Joe wasn't like this a few years ago with anything movie related was rare from him. Now I see content I don't give a shit about in my subscriptions. And don't tell me to unsub, I wouldn't know when actual game reviews come out then.

I can't be the only one not liking this change. Now if Joe would take a little bit out of his day to read threads like this, maybe he would understand the frustration of some of us.

Joe is going to have to start delegating review or movie review tasks to helpers. He doesn't have enough time to produce content according to the demand and at the pace new trailers and movies come out.

Totalbiscuit had people who played games for him and submitted findings for Totalbiscuit to talk about.

I've enjoyed AngryReviews way more than totalbiscuits and AngryJoe's absolute control over content is why I've stuck to AJ content over other producers. I just wish ANgry joe had a production line setup to get us all the game reviews we crave.

OH and don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying all the movie reviews, trailer reviews, and developer interviews and developer previews. AngryJoe produces the best content as far as my knowledge goes. [ I cross reference movie reviews with Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckman, AngryJoe's reviews and views are closer to mine each time. I get multiple opinions on movies and trailers, Joe's opinions have never failed me. ] [added with edit]

Keep up the good work.

Papa Bless.

Embrace the meme.

Edited by redfax
adding examples of other channels with review not as good

Joe has come a very long way the past few years, he's got his hand in just about everything...especially the public appearances at Events and its awesome. However, its disheartening to see his game reviews taking the backseat of an extended SUV. I always say we can't put words into Joe's mouth or speak for him, but I simply don't see his channel going back to how it was 2+ years ago. I'm hoping I'm wrong because his game reviews were always crazy awesome, even the worst games (*cough* Thor, Rambo) were fun to watch. Here's hoping he returns to the days of game review glory.

Glaice likes this

It would be better if he made a schedule and made it public for everyone so people can know what to watch and what to skip. I always get a jolt of excitement when I see his name pop up in my subscriptions only for it crushed when it turns out to be a trailer reaction or movie review. He thinks he can wait the complainers out (based on some comments I've seen by him on FB), but some of us do have patience of steel.

:(

Captnrex likes this

Do a lot of lurking, gonna vent a little.

COME ON JOE JESUS CHRIST

so far this year we had 4 angry reviews,  2 February 2 in April.  Since then we have had 3 rapid fire ( let's be honest, lazy) reviews that feel like they have as much effort in them as the movie reviews (9 of them this year so far) and the trailer reactions (16 of them so far).  Remember how he said he was bringing in OJ and del to help out with reviews? WTF happened with that??!?? I think he's done as many events ( cons, witcher event) compared to the angry reviews.

Sigh, I don't know anymore, I love his videos but the crap he's pulling now is really ticking me off the more I think about it.  But oh well, what do I know.. I'm just another fan...

Edit: also whoever is in charge of keeping the site up to date has done a horrible job getting this year's reviews up here.

Glaice likes this

So I know I am not alone in feeling Joe's average video quality has decreased since like 2013-4..

Games are what brought me here, not movies or comic stuff. I know AJ likes comics but he has to learn that he must put out a balance of content between those and gaming content or else some fans may end up going elsewhere.

37 minutes ago, Glaice said:

So I know I am not alone in feeling Joe's average video quality has decreased since like 2013-4..

Games are what brought me here, not movies or comic stuff. I know AJ likes comics but he has to learn that he must put out a balance of content between those and gaming content or else some fans may end up going elsewhere.

I personally also like his Angry Review videos the most, and I also don't like that we are having so little of them lately, but I think his videos during 2015 are very good, I don't see how his AR vids lack quallity through-out 2015, altho I remember fans were displeased cause he delayed his Witcher 3 Review, which honestly is my favorite review of his.

The movie/comic to game ratio as of late is like 5:1 <_<

Have to agree way too many movie/trailer reviews and not enough gaming reviews and it kind of ticked me off when he did a rapid review on Overwatch one of the biggest games that came out this year just strikes me as lazy if he just stopped doing movie/trailer reviews i think he could squeeze one or two more game reviews which is the reason i actually subbed to his youtube channel....

Also I know this is his channel and he can do what he wants but if he continues on this path I am afraid he is going to bleed subs if he hasn't already.

Based on his stats on Socialblade he is doing fine in subs but it's his views per day that is a little erratic.

On 6/11/2016 at 1:48 PM, Glaice said:

I onced asked him to review Pixels last year on twitch and he told me that he doesn't want his channel to be turned into a movie based channel and look at him now.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:24 PM, Glaice said:

It would be better if he made a schedule and made it public for everyone so people can know what to watch and what to skip. I always get a jolt of excitement when I see his name pop up in my subscriptions only for it crushed when it turns out to be a trailer reaction or movie review. He thinks he can wait the complainers out (based on some comments I've seen by him on FB), but some of us do have patience of steel.

:(

Well he claimed he will be doing that month but how do we know he'll keep his promise he's made so many false promises this saying that OJ working full time will help speed up the pace WRONG. Just look at the comment section on his youtube channel his fan base is basically turning against him even the haters even took advantage of this you know what i mean? (Cough cough).

On 6/10/2016 at 1:46 AM, Captnrex said:

Do a lot of lurking, gonna vent a little.

COME ON JOE JESUS CHRIST

so far this year we had 4 angry reviews,  2 February 2 in April.  Since then we have had 3 rapid fire ( let's be honest, lazy) reviews that feel like they have as much effort in them as the movie reviews (9 of them this year so far) and the trailer reactions (16 of them so far).  Remember how he said he was bringing in OJ and del to help out with reviews? WTF happened with that??!?? I think he's done as many events ( cons, witcher event) compared to the angry reviews.

Sigh, I don't know anymore, I love his videos but the crap he's pulling now is really ticking me off the more I think about it.  But oh well, what do I know.. I'm just another fan...

Edit: also whoever is in charge of keeping the site up to date has done a horrible job getting this year's reviews up here.

Well that's what happens when u want to take a break and slack off ike a idiot and to try "THREE FUCKING GAMES" at the same time and whenever else he does when he''s not livestreaming or recording seriously whats wrong with  him recently he's been so good for two thirds of last year. Seriously whats the real reason why did he stopped being productive and enough with the excuses that have been pushed around lately because most people including me are getting sick of it. 

I might be slated here but I find Joe's opinion to be amongst the best there is. He takes multimillion pound companies to task for stealing our preciously earned money. Microtransactions, Season Passes and preorders are killing games. It's great to find someone else who it pisses off as much as me. He does however praise games and developers who deserve it. 

Almost every triple A game gets a pass from the big companies receiving 8s and above for quite frankly shoddy games or games that are there to rip us off. Joe's reviews are, from my experience, an accurate reflection of what the game is like and a fan's perspective on it. They are also very funny and I have watched a few many times just for entertainment purposes.

On the consistency of his reviews... He gives us SOOOOO much content on twitch and youtube. Hours and hours. Do I wish we could have more reviews? Of course! But he does his best to give us as much content as possible - we should cut him some slack. For those who don't enjoy what his reviews are like (not analytical enough, too much comedy or biased?) there are plenty of other channels online that can provide the type of content you want. 

In my opinion: Joe should keep doing what he's doing and provide as much content as he can.

Simply put - Angry reviews are the best!!

Caistyn

He really should have a specific ratio of content, like 75% games, 10% movies and 15% streams/etc. If you've not seen my older posts, I've largely ignored his material lately because of too much focus on movies and comics stuff in the past and played a role on unsubscribing from him months ago.

Also, reaction videos are bottom of the barrel video content on Youtube and Joe should stop doing that crap immediately.