• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Splatulated

Discussing Frequency of Joe Reviews (Only Thread)

112 posts in this topic

I like the plan Joe has for 2017, and I think his goal for 2 reviews a month is good. I think he can do it, and I am looking forward to it.

I find the way that Joe has his channel planned for 2017 very good, because it allows people to know what's coming up and that they don't feel a sense of neglect 

I realized after reading this I'm in the minority here but people come on, the shit is FREE. I have watched angry joe since his first stuff on YouTube. I have yet to give any cash. If you donated that's great, but it was a donation.

If I eat at a homeless shelter I'm not going to be pissed off if the free soup they gave me wasn't lobster. Now if he had youtubes paid service and he skipped on some reviews than by all means be pissed off. Be fair here if joe really does work 60 or 80 or whatever hours a week, he could be working at a regular job not giving you anything and have some real money, but enjoys doing this so here we are.

Yes it does suck when I haven't seen an angry review for a game I was looking at, but I have never gotten so angry I had to post on the AJSA forms, his Twitter or his Facebook. If I were him I would probably have to be on medication for all the anxiety you guys create. No one makes you watch his videos(or shouldn't be anyway). From what I understand YouTube is his source of income, I'd be having panic attacks that I was going to lose my house. How can you honestly do that to someone, let alone someone you don't know about something they give to you at no charge. If your displeased, be displeased but ranting on about it right to his face is cruel.

And to anyone who thinks I'm 'White Knighting' for joe, this is about how you treat other people and having respect for your fellow human being.

If you don't like what I said just imagine 30 or 40 percent of your customers complaining about how shitty your work is. And there paying customers, right about then I'd be worried about getting fired.

9 hours ago, Seirex said:

I realized after reading this I'm in the minority here but people come on, the shit is FREE. I have watched angry joe since his first stuff on YouTube. I have yet to give any cash. If you donated that's great, but it was a donation.

Sadly that's the common argument Seirex, I see it all the time and mostly on YouTube comments. It's a never-ending debate and just best left alone because there's never a peaceful solution. There's three types of Joe fans...1. The ones that enjoy all his content no exception and full time fan 2. The ones that casually watch and are pretty indifferent on what he does 3. And lastly the ones that have to give constant "direction" to what his channel should offer.

Simply put, minds can't be changed on the internet but we completely understand the concern.

Nirvana likes this

On 1/10/2017 at 9:45 AM, CrazyAssassin67 said:

I find the way that Joe has his channel planned for 2017 very good, because it allows people to know what's coming up and that they don't feel a sense of neglect 

so far he hasn't really kept his promise, angry "reactions" are getting a bit annoying it's essentially filler as well as his movie reviews. But we'll see, we just all know it's much easier to release and show those instead of typical game reviews, it does seem like he spends a lot of time going out and planning movie trips though. His channel is filled with "Angry Reactions" and "Angry Movie Reviews" and imo angry joe is a much better video game critic then a movie critic.

Joe is filling up his channel with what he enjoys and I don't think he should stop what he loves but he needs to remember that his community wants something else. Not to say that he has not already compromised with us in the form of the new schedule even if we don't want some of the content, in fact I really enjoy the movie reviews and other content that seems to be bashed right now but I think he needs to slow down on the movie reviews and reactions and cut out all these "side" videos that are taking up wayyyy too much of his time in my opinion. Wasting time for example would be videos such as "Injustice 2 Story - AJ Reaction & Roster/Gear Analysis"(22 min), "Angry Joe Plays Star Wars Force Arena"(20 min) are both amazing enjoyable videos that take up time that could be used on more key videos on the channel. I want to make it clear that I don't wish for any of these videos to stop being produced but it would be nice to see them less on the channel in order to keep our focus on what we love AND what joe really wants his channel to be and that's all up to him but it needs to be a total compromise. 

To conclude for anyone reading this my solution to this "content problem" is to focus more on your game reviews, give them more time and meet your goals of 2 reviews a month maybe more if you can slow way down on all the other content, although more focus on movie reviews is fine BUT Joe really needs to decide if he wants to become a game/movie review channel (and i'm ok with that) or focus on his game reviews and have everything else be a smaller part of the channel. This way we don't see a feed of reactions and 1 or 2 game reviews/movie reviews and a ton of reactions, instead we would love to see mostly game/movie reviews and the reactions to fill the gaps.

One final comment to wrap this up and that is that honestly at the end of the day I really don't care if the channel stays as it is because I truly love joe and the channel and will always stand behind what he puts out for us because everything he makes is great 95% of the time (nothing is perfect) and that is what it means to be a true fan. 

(please take this as my opinion feel free to disagree or agree with me) 

Glaice likes this

Man finally Joe's getting his shit together seriously it took him a whole year to finally realize that he needs a schedule and why didn't people dislike his videos when he wasn't doing his job in the past?

@ColdBlade098: I wish he'd just put his reaction and trailer crap on a second channel, I got fed up seeing stuff I don't give a fuck about clogging what is predominantly a game channel. He's already compromised my loyalty to him over the past year with content I do not like.

Take it to face value, reaction videos are shit and the worst thing you can put on Youtube.

Coldblade098 likes this

I love this chanel its the only one i watch regularly becase it entertains me!!

Would i like to see them more often, of course i would but ultimately i watch his content for free so it costs me nothing.

Joe released a scedule video a couple of weeks ago and it seemed reasonable to me.

I just dont understand why people get angry when it costs nothing ultimately.

He does a lot with not a lot of timme and i will be a stanch supporter always.

Plus I would prefer to give possible suggestions than just rag on him, but thats just me, im English :P

i kinda like that joe is taking a break he has been working hard to bring out new videos and he should have a break even the Good Mythical Morning guys take a break every year why can't joe do the same i for one can wait for new videos because i know that as soon as he does come back his videos will be back to there great self

OMG that was another awesome game review about corrupted Konomi stealing Kojima games to think they going to make it awesome metal gear game those guys think they can be like Kojima ha ha ha ha poor greedy publishers 

And yessssssss Metal gear survival is garbage it is not even should be allowed to be name Metal gear I think I am really at it sorry guys lol 

How can I talk about a game that hasn't really been mentioned in the show?

Farcry 5 and the dumb new one, " New Dawn."

It's a cash grab that needs to noticed honestly, I love the game play but hate the story and this one seems to be splits I'm two whole games.