• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

why would joe deleted two of his nintendo videos when they were claimed he fought so hard to keep his 60 videos from being deleted

16 posts in this topic

I know i know i should've said this a while ago but seriously why would joe just deleted his nintendo videos he should fight against nintendo instead of doing nothing and now there people talking shit about him everywhere for no stupid reason even Pat the NES punk was talking about him because of this joe's enemies took this advantage and started making conspiracy theories about him that are soo hard not to believe u guys what if chillock was right what if joe is really hiding something from us is it really true this was all a stunt

why would joe just deleted his nintendo videos he should fight against nintendo instead

That would take time and money. Time and money that pretty much no one has.

conspiracy theories about him that are soo hard not to believe u guys what if chillock was right what if joe is really hiding something from us is it really true this was all a stunt

No one who makes conspiracy or ranting videos on a topic as pointless as why a youtuber would complain about Nintendo's policies should be listened to ever, in regards to anything.

What if his videos were a stunt, to do what? Gain some viewers for one video, extra viewers that would have come mostly just because of people wasting their time and their audience's time making conspiracy theories about it and complaining about his video so they themselves could make easy pointless content to up their own ad revenue?

undeadslayer4 likes this

Oh god this shit again.....

facepalm1.jpg

What I'm going to offer is the break down of the bare minimum explanation because this could literally go on forever.

1.  Nintendo's Polices on YouTube are bullshit.

This is the thing that is most at fault, even Pat agrees (yes I saw the video).  You have to affiliate with Nintendo's own program which is a big problem for big YouTubers like Joe who already have one.  They take a way bigger cut of the add revenue than they deserve and they have to approve the Video which means that you are Nintendo's positive only PR bitch.

2. Was Joe aware of this.

Yes he was and this is where he should have known better.  Another video uploaded privately matched third party content from Nintendo.

Then he uploaded a video publicly and this happened:

Yes he should have known that the video would have been claimed....

​3.  ......But none of this changes the fact that not only Nintendo are to blame....:

.....But THEY are the ones that ultimately loose out!  As long as this policy exists I have no choice to believe that any YouTube that covers Nintendo is paid for, a corporate slave.  So I won't buy a WiiU or take any word for it hat any of it's games are any good because I can't trust them.  You look at channels like PewDePie, AngtyJoeShow, Jim Sterling, Boogie2988 and many more.  When these have a positive (and sometimes literally anything) to say about a game it will sell more copies, but Nintendo are cutting themselves out of that market.

undeadslayer4 likes this

facepalm1.jpg

Yeah, but since then many people really have lost at least some, if not all their interest in Joe, he most certainly didn't make new friends/fans with all that. The whole thing was a tremendous amount of stupid on his part, not just the posting of the second one when he knew the policy was in place, but everything that followed, the long ass rant video, and all the lashing out he did in social media against regular people, and people in the games media that commented on his outburst, like some of those at Rooster Teeth. So long as people remember it, and his rant videos are still up, you can expect people to bring it up every so often.

You look at channels like PewDePie, AngtyJoeShow, Jim Sterling, Boogie2988 and many more.  When these have a positive (and sometimes literally anything) to say about a game it will sell more copies, but Nintendo are cutting themselves out of that market.

Except at least some of them still do Nintendo content, I know Jim is a big fan of Splatoon, and Hyrule Warriors, has even reviewed both of them from what I remember, Zero Punctuation did one for Splatoon too (I don't follow the others, so no idea how much, or little Nintendo content they do). It's really just the monetization of let's plays on Youtube they're going after, and as much as people may not like it, they evidently have every legal right to it. Should also be pointed out that them doing that wasn't even anything new by that point, they just finally spelled it all out, and offered people a cut if you follow their policy, rather than just taking it all. It could very well eventually come to be that all bigger gaming companies will be doing about the same thing, and Youtube will develop some system to streamline the process.

Joe also isn't really the best at avoiding legal landmines, as he just seems to charge blindly forward. Just look at this mess, and the paid raffle he ran not long after he started this site, which turned out to be illegal for him to do in his area. When you run a business, you NEED to look out for legal troubles like those, not just charge forward, and hope for the best. The whole "it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission" thing doesn't really apply when there's money involved, and in business, there can be a tonne of money involved. Given his lack of stake in the whole issue of Nintendo related anything, and the manner he conducted himself in this matter up to now, distancing himself from it, not speaking of it ever again, and removing all trace of that mess (social media postings, those rant videos, etc) would be the smartest thing he could do, an apology would have been the right thing to do too, but it seems a bit late now. He hasn't really made himself to be someone to lead some fight against it, especially since again, Nintendo evidently has every legal right to do as they are.

Raizurhk and undeadslayer4 like this

I know i know i should've said this a while ago but seriously why would joe just deleted his nintendo videos he should fight against nintendo instead of doing nothing and now there people talking shit about him everywhere for no stupid reason even Pat the NES punk was talking about him because of this joe's enemies took this advantage and started making conspiracy theories about him that are soo hard not to believe u guys what if chillock was right what if joe is really hiding something from us is it really true this was all a stunt

"Joe's enemies"

I have to laugh about this lol. Nintendo doesn't want Nintendo videos when they can't get some of the cash, so he deleted his videos.

His only fuckup in this matter was making a video ranting about it after it happened to him. He knew it was gonna happen so it was stupid as hell to rant about it afterwards.

Everybody likes to hate on Nintendo. Why? Other companies could do that to if they wanted to do it.

undeadslayer4 likes this

You look at channels like PewDePie, AngtyJoeShow, Jim Sterling, Boogie2988 and many more.  When these have a positive (and sometimes literally anything) to say about a game it will sell more copies, but Nintendo are cutting themselves out of that market.

Actually I later remembered the post PewDiePie made, and video Boogie made on the mater back around the start of Nintendo's policy. In them I seem to remember they both stated that they will continue to do Nintendo content, they just won't monetize the Nintendo related Youtube content they produce, as they felt they were doing well enough that they don't need to monetize everything, and would do it as a service to their fans. Except for PewDiePie, Joe would be as big, to even a much bigger name than the others you mentioned. Then Jim Sterling after going out on his own now apparently makes all his money from Patreon donations, and doesn't put ads in any of his videos any more. Now if they can do that, why couldn't Joe?

It should also be noted that at the time, Joe only put some of his let's play Twitch content on Youtube, so him skipping the Nintendo ones wouldn't have even been irregular conduct. For let's plays he would make money from the ads shown to people watching the original Twitch stream, money from donations during the stream, and money from ads shown to those watching recordings of the stream on Twitch, so it's not like he wasn't even making money from the Nintendo let's plays, as they only go after the Youtube ad money. Aside from that he gets donations here at the site, some pay for special rank status at this site, and he seems to be getting more paid promotional stuff going on than he used to, so has numerous sources of income he didn't have before, as before this site, he seemed to mostly just rely on Youtube.

Then if you look at the Youtube view counts for his uploaded Youtube videos, from most to least views they are game reviews, rants, movie reviews, let's plays, and finally interviews. Let's plays tend to get about 10% as many views as game reviews, rants tend to get about as many views as game reviews, other than the more popular game reviews which could get about twice as many, or more, and rants will get about twice as many views as a movie review. Then looking at the numbers before, and after the second Nintendo rant, I get the feeling his numbers are down, it could be just that the content he's done since hasn't been as interesting to people, but he may also have taken a popularity hit from that whole fiasco. Trust, and respect are paramount for someone in his position, if someone doesn't trust, or respect a personality like him anymore, then there's not much reason to pay attention to said personality any longer.

Most, if not all of this topic has been discussed here, so much so that some arguments in it go in circles already.

Some Youtubers who have said that they won't monetize Nintendo content haven't completely stopped voicing their views on it, and I think that's perfectly fine:

Somewhere around the end of it. This may be monetized, I don't know. Maybe it is since there's no gameplay footage.

Most likely not monetized as it shows a bit of gameplay.

Others like Totalbiscuit have chosen to ignore Nintendo completely:

Some gamemakers still don’t see the connection.

In an interview with WIRED earlier this year, popular Let’s Player Emile “Chuggaaconroy” Rosales told WIRED that Nintendo had stopped attempting to assert advertising rights on his videos. But recently, it got YouTube to take down a video made by popular YouTube personality “TotalBiscuit” because that video used a small portion of footage from the official Pokemon X trailer.

As TotalBiscuit explained in a follow-up video, such a “copyright strike” can be extremely damaging to a YouTube content creator: Not only do they lose the video in question, but three strikes gets their entire channel deleted.

In this case, TotalBiscuit was actually using the trailer for its intended purpose: He has about 1.2 million subscribers on Youtube, and he was distributing Nintendo’s promotional material to that audience.

In another fiery response posted online, TotalBiscuit called Nintendo “a bunch of plonkers.”
“I think the thing that we’ll probably do is ignore the fact that Nintendo exists,” he said.

Source

The last link in that quoted article leads to a Soundcloud clip (?) where he explains himself.

Valid forms of protest I think, not sure if Andre's can be considered protest though. What Joe did was pretty much like a child throwing a tantrum.

undeadslayer4 likes this

I see this a different way its not he popular idea but i dont soly see this from joes point of view 

facepalm1.jpg

What I'm going to offer is the break down of the bare minimum explanation because this could literally go on forever.

1.  Nintendo's Polices on YouTube are bullshit.

This is the thing that is most at fault, even Pat agrees (yes I saw the video).  You have to affiliate with Nintendo's own program which is a big problem for big YouTubers like Joe who already have one.  They take a way bigger cut of the add revenue than they deserve and they have to approve the Video which means that you are Nintendo's positive only PR bitch.

2. Was Joe aware of this.

Yes he was and this is where he should have known better.  Another video uploaded privately matched third party content from Nintendo.

Then he uploaded a video publicly and this happened:

Yes he should have known that the video would have been claimed....

​3.  ......But none of this changes the fact that not only Nintendo are to blame....:

.....But THEY are the ones that ultimately loose out!  As long as this policy exists I have no choice to believe that any YouTube that covers Nintendo is paid for, a corporate slave.  So I won't buy a WiiU or take any word for it hat any of it's games are any good because I can't trust them.  You look at channels like PewDePie, AngtyJoeShow, Jim Sterling, Boogie2988 and many more.  When these have a positive (and sometimes literally anything) to say about a game it will sell more copies, but Nintendo are cutting themselves out of that market.

but isnt nintendo aware of this that there only hurting themselves

Everybody likes to hate on Nintendo. Why? Other companies could do that to if they wanted to do it.

Because letting youtubers promoting their games benefits them 

You would think that they were but I honestly don't know.  Nintendo of America seem to be aware of this and want a more open policy but Nintendo Japan keep pushing this stupid crap.   So they either don't agree, don't listen, flat out don't give shit, or possibly all 3.

undeadslayer4 likes this

Well it's not like what I think SEGA was doing where they'd try to apply a copyright take down of a video, Nintendo just does a content ID claim to take the ad money, or you go through their system, and they take most of it. It may also only apply to let's plays, and again, only those on Youtube, so you could do let's play all day, every day on Twitch, and may be able to do reviews on Youtube with some game play shown, and they'd ignore that. It is also possible to do good reviews of games without using even a shred of video content from the game, just look at the Zero Punctuation series of reviews.

If you were to do some Hollywood movie review on TV, with some content from the movie shown, you wouldn't be able to just use whatever you please, and show as much as you want. All you could use is stuff that was authorized for use, and would need to get permission for anything else. Nintendo is basically trying to impose, to a degree, the same sort of restrictions on gaming let's plays on Youtube, it's just that people have been used to being able to do anything they want, and don't want that to change. This is a typical process, something new comes along, some people figure out ways to make money with it, then along comes big business, and the law with regulations in an area where people were used to doing whatever due to the lack of restrictions. After that a number of the smaller players trying to turn a profit die off, leaving just the bigger ones that may end up being absorbed by some big business, pretty sure The Escapist was absorbed by Polaris/Disney a while back for instance.

I think they do know. But, they want you to use their poor YouTube policies. Ever since YouTube implemented their content Id system companies have exploited it. This was evident when Joe and many others had their videos flagged by companies that didn't have a legal claim to the videos. Also many companies even said they didn't claim the videos to start with. So, Joe was able to get his videos backs Nintendo and Capcom Japan are still stuck in the old ways.

I agree with PhoenixShi that it's about the money from the ad revenue that a letsplay video generates. Nintendo does have a right to claim those videos since their not protected under fair use.

undeadslayer4 likes this

Nintendo doesn't care. Their name is big enough.

Nintendo doesn't care. Their name is big enough.

Qy1bGbd.jpg

Qy1bGbd.jpg

Don't blame Nintendo players! The youtubers are the greedy ones! They want to make money off of our games and not give us any money for it!