• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

QwiK

Future EF Games? Post your suggestions here.

21 posts in this topic

Ive thought to myself what could be the next game for October and November and soo on..) This is my 2 ideas for the next games.

-Burnout Paradise 

- Yea a racing game how exiciting that could be? For me ive always been a huge fan of Burnout Games due to the simplicity of crashing other cars into obstacle,cars,ect..) For the online portion its not different,its insanely fun with friends doing coop events/goals and soo much more. For only 20$ on Steam an 2009 arcade racing game still does the job of bringing the fun and the memories back! The online mode is Still online for up to 16 players seamlessly! Well Worth it!

burnoutparadisetitle.jpg

For my second game its and of-course you've probably guess its or not its Verdun

- Why? Well i did take this game a shot during spring-summer 2015 and well its fell short of my expections but with the huge recent updates that the devs put on,its way more of a diversify game and the contents here has been increased tremendously. For 32+ players in a WW1 battle with that much realism in term of environment destruction,immersive moments that will make you feel like your in hell, there no denying that this game is a no-brainer for anyone stupid enough to not get it,if they love FPS games! JUST GET IT IF YOU CAN! For 25$ or less.

header.jpg?t=1441623014

So what yours ideas? 

Ive thought to myself what could be the next game for October and November and soo on..) This is my 2 ideas for the next games.

-Burnout Paradise 

OH GOD NO!!

Paradise was an unspeakable abomination that killed the franchise!  A product of pure, unadulterated, shameless greed!  The Burnout games were among my favorites of the PS2 era.  I consider Burnout 3 Takedown to be the best racer ever made!

58302_front.jpg

So when I jumped to PS3 and bought this game expecting something awesome I honestly could not believe what I was looking at!  A pointless open world that may as well have been a menu, a confusing new car class system and the whole thing just felt like an excuse to cut local multiplayer out of the game so that each one of your friend's had to buy a console and their own copy of the game in order to play together. This was a time when (at least where I live) the fast internet required wasn't common so cutting local multiplayer out of the game to make room for this freak experiment was absolutely inexcusable!  Burnout Legends on PSP was better!

155741-Burnout_Legends_(USA)-1.jpg

EA then copy and pasted the same shit formula onto all their other racers and they have never been as good since.

EDIT:  There's more to,  the steam version of the game advertises it as the "Ultimate Box" which is supposed to include all the DLC, but the DLC requires access to a now no longer functional storefront. This means it effectively has none of the advertised DLC is included in the package at all.  So the only way to get the DLC that you paid for is to download it illegally. Of course there is no mention of this in the description, shady as hell.

I consider Burnout 3 Takedown to be the best racer ever made!

58302_front.jpg

Yea B3 was my favorite of my series too bad the online doesnt work anymore :(

Hello Friends,

I dont know if AJSA has done it yet but I think Killing Floor 2 would be great to do.

Y'all can suggest all you like, just keep in mind that we go by a council vote. And as for Killing Floor 2, it will only be considered once it is out of early access. If a game is in Early Access, and is not free, it will NOT be supported by the EF.

I would say Wildstar its hitting f2p this 29th and the AJSA guild is going to be trying to get off the ground so we might beable to get help from them.

Oh ok, I didn't know that I've been offline for quite a while because of military, thanks for the info.

And I wouldn't mind wild star either, I bought it a while ago and only went to level 20 something guess it would give me some incentive o level up some more

I'd like to see Hearts of Iron as the EC game when the new game releases. It's supposed to come out next month but might be a bit late.

Basically, Hearts of Iron is a WWII themed RTS where players pick a nation belonging to the Allied powers, Axis or Soviet Union. In the early stages players are supposed to build up, form alliances with neutral nations and, in the case of the Axis, expand their military and landholdings while the rest of the world is powerless to resist. When the global tension maxes out the rest of the world is free to attack the Axis. 

The game features building, deploying and moving stacks of land, sea and air units, forming trade pacts, defensive and ceasefire agreements with other nations and support for up to 32 players in rts gameplay. Linked below is a video from Quill18 playing the alpha of the game a few months ago.

I suggest Planet Side 2 for an expedition :lol:

Nahhh!  However, I second Wild Star for an expedition

I would like to bring a theme to the table rather than a specific game.  Horror theme to fit with the Halloween month!  Surely there has to be horror multiplayer games.  Nosgoth is one and Left for Dead 2 is another.  I don't know of many horror multiplays but there ought to be!

Team Fortress 2

TF2 is a Free to play FPS made by valve in 2007 on source engine. Since then the game has been updated and countless times and it holds up to modern titles even so many years after the initial release.

Why Team Fortress 2 ?

This game has been with us from the beginning of this community and it's very close to our heart.                                                                                                          Unfortunately our player base has been declining for the past for ever and right now, it's almost dead.

Event proposals

1. 6on6 trainings - Explanation of the 6s competetive mode to new players and friendly in-house competition.

2. Highlander trainings- Explanation of the HL competetive mode to new players and friendly in-house competition

3. Dodge-ball - Pyros vs Pyros have to dodge and airblast a rocket ! Last pyro standing wins !

4. Prop-hunt - Hide and seek but hiding person turns into a cardboard cow or a flower pot.

5. Mann versus Machines - Co-op mode where players have to defend their base against army of robots.

6. Casual Team-deathmatch - Thats pretty simple, you kill each other. Person with the highest score wins.

7. Deathrun - Team has to go throught traps to get to the finish ! But wait a second... Someone is pressing buttons !

Before you say no, say it to this sad heavy ;< 

Sincerely,

Doctor_GLaDOS

DiaGuy and Master_Thief like this

Is there any possibility of halo online (eldewrito version) being taken into consideration?

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare would be a great game for the EF to do!

Why Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

It's a great Medieval era multiplayer game that has swordplay, hammers, bow & arrows, axes, knives, and spears! It even has the option to play in either Third or First person!

Do note that this game has a lot of gore in it, and is very realistic in that aspect, so I certainly don't encourage people with a weak stomach to play this game as it may present the hazard of you projectile vomiting on your computer screen.

Event suggestions-

1. Team Objectives- pits 2 teams against each other, there are various types of objectives in this game mode but for example there's one that has one team protect the king's relatives while the other team punches through the castle and tries to kill all the king's family.

2. Crypts- A cooperative mode that pits you up against wraiths, skeletons, and trolls

3. Free For All- This mode is very fun on the Arena map, and as the title suggests, it's a free for all match, everyone against everyone!

4. Hordetown- Another cooperative mode that's WAY more difficult than Crypts, it has you buying your own items and weapons, while crypt has a class and leveling up system that gives you better armor and weapons as you get kills.

5. Last Team Standing- Pretty self explanatory, it pits teams against each other to kill one another but you only have one life!

Once again, I believe this would be a fantastic game for the AJSA EF to play!

Warm Regards, =AJSA=FateofReality(My steam username)

Try out Neverwinter.it is an amazing mmo.controls are good and attacking on it feels great.

Neverwinter has amazing graphics.it looks amazing when you walk around questing,adventuring,and whatever you want to do.controls feel like a dream.i play on xb1 and it was free to download.so anyone who wants to try it out my on game name is Elza.but just hit my gamer tag on xbx1.

Neverwinter has amazing graphics.it looks amazing when you walk around questing,adventuring,and whatever you want to do.controls feel like a dream.i play on xb1 and it was free to download.so anyone who wants to try it out my on game name is Elza.but just hit my gamer tag on xbx1.

Neverwinter is an MMO and thus not the style of game very suited as an EF and EF games are for PC, but we're looking at a revival of the AJSA on Neverwinter for XBox One, so watch this space.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

As much as i liked it this IS STILL a very good community game to play.Still Going strong after 6 years, and taken ~95% of users positive reviews. For the insane amounts of contents this game has to offer for 20$ (even better if it go on sale) you cant go wrong with it. Most of my friend list on Steam have this game and atleast have +10hrs played. 

But the main focus is that Bannerlord is comming out this year and the community will be at its best again and even breaking the record if that happen!

I highly recommended pick this one up! But decisions are decision and i cant make them but as im planning to revive Mount and Blade within this community this wouldnt be a bad choice to be the EF game of Feb.or any to be honest, as im also planning to do events at the same time! 

More on this here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/33008-mount-blade-saturday-events-are-returning-second-campaign/

Plus having 700hrs+ into this and im still not done here the proof here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/QwiKM40A3

There is also a review from Angry Joe which focused on the DLC Napoleonic Wars but also speak the rest of the franchise. Giving it also a BAD-ASS Seal of Approval.

Gott schütze den Kaiser!

Blade & Soul, maybe?  I know there's a thread about this in the PC/RPG forum, but if Wildstar made sense as an EF game, B&S probably could, too.

I would recommend Starcraft 2, since the last expac was released recently, and the arcade can be downloaded for free, it would make a nice change to many of the other games listed here, its also an RTS and something unique to the other games listed, the ajsa does have a channel for it, however there usually isn't more than 2 or 3 members there, and an EF group can play competitively with friends, or just have fun in the arcade mode

I would recommend Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad which also comes with Rising storm 

Why ?

-It's a good tactical multiplayer game.

-gives us the option to either play in stalingrad as German or Russian, but it also gives us the option to play in the pacific as Americans or Japanese

-It gives players a list of different classes to play as, each with their own advantages and disadvantages

-up to 12 classes, which can change depending on the game and mode

-up to 5 squads (except some classes/roles that work alone) which each has a certain amount of roles/classes. 

-the commander in the game is able to support the troops by sending in a scouting plane, artillery, mortar or spawn reinforcements 

-The game supports up to 64 players, which is 32 players on each team

-Authentic vehicle experience, the closest you will get at operating a real tank

-Bots are availabe and usually fills any empty spot on servers, yet they are braindead and will not be as good as a player

-there are 4 different gameplay modes

--Territory is a wave based game type, where you have to capture points or kill everyone on the enemy team when the reinforcement ticket has reached 0

--Countdown is a twist on traditional single life game type, it features one life per objective and multiple objectives per round

--firefight is your standard TDM style of play

--mutiplayer campaign strings together multiple territory maps in a grand campaign for control of either stalingrad or the pacific

-There are 3 different play modes

-Action is more forgiving and serves as a more fast paced version of the game 

-Realistic makes everything more dangerous and overall makes it more "realistic" and tactical 

-Custom is based upon the serverowner which can set the rules as the owner pleases 

I would recommend Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad which also comes with Rising storm 

Why ?

-It's a good tactical multiplayer game.

-gives us the option to either play in stalingrad as German or Russian, but it also gives us the option to play in the pacific as Americans or Japanese

-It gives players a list of different classes to play as, each with their own advantages and disadvantages

-up to 12 classes, which can change depending on the game and mode

-up to 5 squads (except some classes/roles that work alone) which each has a certain amount of roles/classes. 

-the commander in the game is able to support the troops by sending in a scouting plane, artillery, mortar or spawn reinforcements 

-The game supports up to 64 players, which is 32 players on each team

-Authentic vehicle experience, the closest you will get at operating a real tank

-Bots are availabe and usually fills any empty spot on servers, yet they are braindead and will not be as good as a player

-there are 4 different gameplay modes

--Territory is a wave based game type, where you have to capture points or kill everyone on the enemy team when the reinforcement ticket has reached 0

--Countdown is a twist on traditional single life game type, it features one life per objective and multiple objectives per round

--firefight is your standard TDM style of play

--mutiplayer campaign strings together multiple territory maps in a grand campaign for control of either stalingrad or the pacific

-There are 3 different play modes

-Action is more forgiving and serves as a more fast paced version of the game 

-Realistic makes everything more dangerous and overall makes it more "realistic" and tactical 

-Custom is based upon the serverowner which can set the rules as the owner pleases 

I do love this game its been one of my favorite WW2 Game soo far,and would suited easily for an AJSA Game.