• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

MGSV Phantom Pain game review.

24 posts in this topic

Hahahaha! I love Joe's explanation on how Snake got his Punished and Venom nickname, by getting his face whooped and get bitten by a snake. Which actually does happen in the game. And Other Joe as D Dog. And Quiet. And Quiet replaced by Ocelot, which does happen if you switch the character model in the PC version. I bust my gut.

Even much funnier are these things:

AHAHAHAHA!!!!! MY STOMACH! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

I don't know if Joe did research on the previous MGS's plots, but based on his explanations, I think he did a bit of it. Well, except the Fulton bit that he didn't know is from Peace Walker.

It's almost like my review of the game. From how missions 32 above are mostly padding, the dumbass deleted mission about Eli, right down to how the microtransaction in this game is completely useless. Looks like we both share the same view on this game.  

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/31191-mgs-v-phantom-pain-review-best-game-in-the-series/#entry318434

Let's hope we don't see anymore of "Quiet OJ".

Anyway, who's gonna win GOTY? Witcher 3? MGS V? or Fallout 4?

Of course Witcher 3. For now. Life is Strange can possibly beat those games, but it all depends on the final episode.

MGSV does not deserve GOTY simply because they didnt give us the game as it was supposed to be.

Of course Witcher 3. For now. Life is Strange can possibly beat those games, but it all depends on the final episode.

I have a feeling that Fallout 4 is gonna curb stomp every game that even dares to challenge it.

Dyzzles likes this

I have a feeling that Fallout 4 is gonna curb stomp every game that even dares to challenge it.

Right now Life is Strange is my favorite game this year. I don't care if Fallout 4 has 400 + hours of content and many side contents cause a lot of games has that this year. Including Just Cause 3. If a game about teenage drama bullshit in university can be deep, heartbreakingly sad and engaging, that wins over any other game.

But like I said, it all depends on the final episode for that game. If that episode ends up being another Mass Effect 3, fuck it! Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 wins. We shall see what happens next.

We.

Shall.

See.

Im very anxious for the witcher 3 when you have fallout 4 this year. Its gonna be a close fight.

It's a shame about the likely unfinished or cut content. Was happy to see him bring up Quiet's portrayal.

It's a shame about the likely unfinished or cut content. Was happy to see him bring up Quiet's portrayal.

worst part of the review. Seems like he gets his ideas from Jim Sterling.

Seeing from what I can get from this review. Witcher 3 will probably be GOTY, then MGSV, Fallout 4 I predict won't be a 10/10 either.

It's amazing people can justify fan service just because they have a "better" story behind it, Oh has a good story so nudity and fan service is acceptable when they could of just easily censored the bewbs and sex scenes in witcher 3, doesn't add to anything really.

Oh tries to give an explanation but it's not enough, well tell me what will be enough to justify Quiet's fan service.

It's nice that Joe has finally played an MGS game, but his inexperience of the franchise is quite apparent especially with the fulton/motherbase which was an improved version of Peace Walker. Hope he'll finally play MGS3 and the other MGS games one day.

The other MGS games should be a cakewalk compared to MGSV.

also they do show Snakes chest when it comes to Camo's too, not just quiets.

That depends on whether it works on release and if it does not, will review scores/GOTY trophies disregard the issues. 

Honestly for me while I enjoy this new Metal Gear (having never played one before), I am personally tied for GOTY. Bloodborne really struck a massive note with me. On the flip side, Witcher 3 also did the same thing. 

I am starting to think the best thing publishers and developers can do for their game is wait till the holiday season and aim for GOTY awards. 

I just had a crazy idea:

What if: in the future, the final chapter of the game DOES get released, but as FREE dlc, and not only does it answers what happens to Eli, but also includes an extra playable remake of the original NES Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2, with David Hayter returning as Snake and Sutherland as Big Boss, and it's all remade using MGS5's fox engine, so it still plays like Phantom Pain?

It's possible. I mean look at MGS2 Substance or whatever it's called. Not only does that have the entire MGS 2 game, but also HUNDREDS of VR missions, and 5 entire short missions where you play as Snake, 3 of those with multiple endings that depends on if you shoot bosses with the tranq gun or just shoot them with a regular USP pistol.

Oh fuck me, I forgot that Kojima left Konami. Never mind. Looks like such things can only be made possible in our imagination. FUCK YOU KONA WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE!

Was happy to see him bring up Quiet's portrayal.

And, of course, his comments brought out all the nice, well reasoned smart people, always weird to see the length people will go to to embarrass the hobby and themselves.

CPY5nkkUwAAh3ZH.png

And, of course, his comments brought out all the nice, well reasoned smart people, always weird to see the length people will go to to embarrass the hobby and themselves.

CPY5nkkUwAAh3ZH.png

always looking at one side of the coin are we.

I do agree with some of those posts, imo he acting like Jim sterling, acting whiny when it came to the quiet situation.

Well, we are talking about the internet here, a place where a thing such as "wrong opinions" exist.

Wrong Opinions do exist, they're called Subjective Opinions vs Objective, and Objectively speaking Quiet did have an explanation, it just wasn't enough for some people.

But somehow objectifying women and showing sex scenes is supposedly handled better in Witcher 3 because it's subjectively "better" at story telling when it's still just Objectifying women and showing sex scenes and goes even further then MGSV. Okay.

Wrong Opinions do exist, they're called Subjective Opinions vs Objective

Almost any opinion is going to be subjective. You can't do objective reviews or criticism, certainly not one worth anyone's time to read or listen to.

always looking at one side of the coin are we.

I suppose I have a natural tendency to side against sexist, homophobic, racists making stupid reactionary twitter commentary on someone's review of a piece of media, it's probably one of the main reasons I have my position.

Quiet did have an explanation, it just wasn't enough for some people.

Her wardrobe isn't even the full extent of the problems with her character, and the reason given doesn't even do a good job in explaining her appearance.

But somehow objectifying women and showing sex scenes is supposedly handled better in Witcher 3 because it's subjectively "better" at story telling when it's still just Objectifying women and showing sex scenes and goes even further then MGSV. Okay.

Yes, reason for actions and characterization explaining those actions do lead to well written characters with scenes that aren't pointless, childish, nonsensical, trash. That's why Bayonetta is looked at favorably by a lot of the same people who hate Quiet's portrayal. Kojima even brought this criticism upon himself by saying people that criticized her outfit would be ashamed of themselves when they played the game.

Almost any opinion is going to be subjective. You can't do objective reviews or criticism, certainly not one worth anyone's time to read or listen to.

Not really, there are many subjective things Angry Joe has said of course some is subjective but some are objective.

I suppose I have a natural tendency to side against sexist, homophobic, racists making stupid reactionary twitter commentary on someone's review on a piece of media, it's probably the main reason I have my position.

Half of those weren't sexist, just claiming that Angry Joe was acting like an Angry Feminist.

Her wardrobe isn't even the full extent of the problems with her character, and the reason given doesn't even do a good job in explaining her appearance.

What more do you need then she has to breathe.

Yes, reason for actions and characterization explaining those actions do lead to well written characters with scenes that aren't pointless, childish, nonsensical, trash. That's why Bayonetta is looked at favorably by a lot of the same people who hate Quiet's portrayal.

LOL, tell that to queen feminist, well written characters? Bayonetta was also fanservice period. I was laughing at Bayonettas over the top story. Reminded me of Fan Service anime.

Let's hope we don't see anymore of "Quiet OJ".

Anyway, who's gonna win GOTY? Witcher 3? MGS V? or Fallout 4?

Super Mario maker. Nuff said XD XD

Did the thread just got sidetracked to have feminism bullshit all of a sudden?

People need to grow up its a damn game who gives a flying monkeys left bollock what Quiet wears.  It fan service and thats it pretty much every game in existence has some sort of fan service now.  And like already pointed out above there has been much worse in games and nobody batted an eyelid about it.  But no wait the whole Quiet debacle got more coverage so thats makes it worth bitching about.

There was a reason for her near nudity you didnt like the reason well its kinda tough when was the last time you saw a plant wear any clothes at all??

Corporate Agent likes this

Wrong Opinions do exist, they're called Subjective Opinions vs Objective, and Objectively speaking Quiet did have an explanation, it just wasn't enough for some people.

And that's where the subjective opinion part comes in. It's enough for you and others who don't mind it or think that it was perfectly ok, but clearly not for others.

When something is objective, it's a fact.

Objective:

Is there an explanation as to why Quiet wears what she does?

Subjective:

Is that explanation enough?

I personally don't mind fanservice at all, but I sure aren't going to knock on anyone's differing opinion on it.

Back on the topic though, I don't know but i feel that Joe kinda overhyped this game. I am sure that Kojima wouldve delivered a truly 10/10 experience if it wasnt for *ahem* Konami. But yes, the graphics were there, the characters and all. But man the story. From what i read joe mostly gave this game such a high score because he didnt play the other games, so he didnt knew what to expect. 

The gameplay holds it up to a point. I mean when you get to chapter 2 it all becomes a mess. Repeating missions of different difficulties, is a no no in my books. DMC 4 tried to pull up this shit on me and i straight up ditched it. From my point of view it comes up as lazy developement. Rather than trying to make it longer by rehashing stuff at least end the story where it was supposed to end and dont make the game repetitive. Still a 7.5-8 in my books. And definetly not GOTY. To tell you what, if the game would have been launched last year, then yes, GOTY couldve been a major possibility, because mgs wouldnt have got much competition. I mean look at Shadow of Mordor. Weak story awesome gameplay and game mechanics which meant goty 2014 in most cases. But in this year? When we have stuff like the witcher 3, fallout 4, bloodborne, assassin's creed syndicate(AC is weak atm but it's still triple A so we dont know what to expect), and Life is Strange? I dont think so.

Of course who cares about my opinion though? I can guarantee that it will still be GOTY for some reviewing sites(cough cough IGN) no matter what people say.