• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Hashirama Senju

Weekly Dungeon Runs

Cast your votes, Angry Army!   15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in to it if the Angry Army starts to do weekly guild dungeon runs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Blame jeb

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

So this idea has been mulling in my head and after the Guild Leader made his thoughts known to me, I decided to write this out and make it public for the guild members to decide and voice out their thoughts and ideas.

As you guys would know, Heart of Thorns will be coming out in the end of October, and with it, comes a multitude of expansions, new traits and elite specializations, as well as new areas to explore. But I was thinking that in order for us to move a step closer to being a great guild community in and all of itself, it's time we start to use these dungeons and utilise them to the best we can. Therefore I and another guild veteran, Tyler (vinhtyler), would be more than willing to take up the mantle of dungeon runs on a weekly basis - if it is possible. 

The layout and how we are going to do this, as well as the time in implementing it, would be discussed between me and Tyler, as well as the other guild officers, but I had the initial thought about doing it after our weekly Guild Missions. Of course, I do have some grouses like what happens if either me or Tyler would be unavailable for the week and the sorts, but it will be ironed out.

With that, there is also a poll for you to agree on or disagree on the dungeon runs. Take note that we will start off the dungeon runs after the expansion comes out, in order for both me and Tyler to really get a good understanding of the dungeons, Story Mode or Explorable Mode, and also looking into account of the interest in it. I did have a feeling that we did do dungeon runs in the past, but I think it died out, or something...?

Shush, I'm trying to be responsible here as a new Sergeant in the Guild, so... Rather than be my irresponsible self that goes gung-ho on everything...  :P 

Anyways, sound off your thoughts, cast your votes, and any suggestions on how we implement this is more than welcome.

Senju, signing out.

Muzical likes this

I would love if this get implemented :D

Once I have a better understanding of the dungeon, i'll be happy to give a hand however, i'm only available during weekends.

Sounds awesome, getting to know Dungeons and Fractals is one of the initial reasons I sought out a guild.

i had to vote blame jeb (me) but you know what i think. also can you tell me by the 1st of October if you want the test slot i told you about in the "SPECIAL WEEK" i need to know so i can finalize the other parts for the "special week". if you do not remember what i am talking about plz pm me on the forums 

Hashirama Senju likes this

I'm not going to have HoT for a while yet, but dungeon runs sound awesome.  Maybe we could do story paths on a monthly basis, so newbies can unlock those PvP reward tracks?  Just a thought.

Treeps, jebby and Hashirama Senju like this

Thanks for the feedback, guys. More ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

As of now, I haven't discussed anything with Tyler, but I will once I get my butt back online in the game or on TS. But the ideas and suggestions for now sound wonderful.

Speaking of Fractals, I think we could do with Fractal runs as well, since getting used to the dungeons and fractals are useful in a sense, with more emphasis on the fractal runs. But let's take some baby steps with the whole thing and see how our weekly dungeon runs go with this, alright?  :)

Doing Story Runs for the Dungeons would be fun on a monthly basis, that's a wonderful suggestion. Probably by the end of every month, we can do some dungeon runs going in to Story Mode. 

As of now, what worries me is how many times would we be running the dungeons on the day. That would be what's bothering with my thinking process on the event. We could do it once or twice or whatnot, or do it on a timer, like two hours alotted for the runs, or run multiple Dungeon Runs, or do a sort-of tutorial with parties with me and Tyler teaching you the ropes in TS - it's a tedious process.

Anyways, keep the votes coming and the ideas and suggestions posted, and blame jeb. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

PS: I do read comments you know, so of course you can blame yourself - but only rarely.  :P

Muzical likes this

Posting this from my phone. PC died so all weekly dungeon message stuffs you need me to read can go here.

Got it, Tyler. Anything new will be posted here for updates and stuff, and we should talk about this after guild missions later too.

Or after, you settle with the PC problems...

Edited the Original Post, and apparently I got upgraded again. So meaning I have actual responsibilities now... Joy! XD

Muzical likes this

Edited the Original Post, and apparently I got upgraded again. So meaning I have actual responsibilities now... Joy! XD

Aww man having no responsibilities is great xD

Muzical likes this

Aww man having no responsibilities is great xD

Aren't you responsible for the raffle?  ;)

Guys. Why are you blaming Jeb hahahaha. It's the same as the yes votes now! Am I to say that the "blame Jeb" votes count as a yes by proxy?

Muzical likes this

UPDATE!!!

Okay, guild members!

Here's what I have so far for now.

We are going to be doing the weekly dungeon runs on every Sunday, two or three hours after guild missions: hopefully that gives you people plenty of time to do your own dungeon runs, your... ahem, "FRACTICAL" runs (it's fractal, Shadow. Fractal!!!), and your daily runs. if there is any objections or other suggestions, please let me know in the reply posts here, or you can message me about it. The time is set by taking under consideration the time where people would be on the most as well as my own scheduling. 

Hopefully there's no objections, but is still open to suggestions.

Muzical likes this

UPDATE!!!

Okay, guild members!

Here's what I have so far for now.

We are going to be doing the weekly dungeon runs on every Sunday, two or three hours after guild missions: hopefully that gives you people plenty of time to do your own dungeon runs, your... ahem, "FRACTICAL" runs (it's fractal, Shadow. Fractal!!!), and your daily runs. if there is any objections or other suggestions, please let me know in the reply posts here, or you can message me about it. The time is set by taking under consideration the time where people would be on the most as well as my own scheduling. 

Hopefully there's no objections, but is still open to suggestions.

But "Fracticals" is so much fun to say!  XD  However, one question: 3 hours after Missions start is reset, and I know several of us do Teq right after reset.  Maybe start with a low-level dungeon right then for the people too low to do Teq, then move on up?  I like that Teq loot...minus the urinal...

But "Fracticals" is so much fun to say!  XD  However, one question: 3 hours after Missions start is reset, and I know several of us do Teq right after reset.  Maybe start with a low-level dungeon right then for the people too low to do Teq, then move on up?  I like that Teq loot...minus the urinal...

Hm. Point taken, will be considered. thanks.

Muzical likes this

I actually just thought of another question.  Say we're in a party where some of us have HoT and some don't; will the HoT people be able to pop a dungeon that's HoT specific, if those dungeons are on maps that are part of the base game?  (I've also been wondering the same if new Fracticals are introduced...)  Has anet said anything about this?

I actually just thought of another question.  Say we're in a party where some of us have HoT and some don't; will the HoT people be able to pop a dungeon that's HoT specific, if those dungeons are on maps that are part of the base game?  (I've also been wondering the same if new Fracticals are introduced...)  Has anet said anything about this?

For now, I think ANet hasn't said anything about dungeons that are HoT specific and dungeons that are base-game specific. For now, let's say that I'm only doing the weekly dungeon runs on the base game specific dungeons. That way, everyone would have a fair chance of doing them, with or without the expansion.

As for Fracticals, let's just hope they're no HoT specific dungeons. If they are, I'm pretty sure you'd be crying for a few weeks because you can't join them fractical runs because there's some fracticals you can't join in on. hahaha.

Muzical likes this

As for Fracticals, let's just hope they're no HoT specific dungeons. If they are, I'm pretty sure you'd be crying for a few weeks because you can't join them fractical runs because there's some fracticals you can't join in on. hahaha.

So you're going to keep rolling until you get those HoT-limited things.  Got it :( :P

So you're going to keep rolling until you get those HoT-limited things.  Got it :(  :P

Unfortunately, yes. 

Unfortunately, yes. 

I caved and pre-ordered, so.... >.<;;;

Treeps and Hashirama Senju like this

Muzical! XD

Whaaaaaaaat???!!! D:

Updates on the Weekly Dungeon Runs.

For now, all is at a quietdrive, but I've decided that maybe we could do the whole runs right after Tequatl, after the guild mission day, which is on a Sunday. For now, I'm more than fine to run story dungeons on the easy dungeons (CM, AC, TA) on story mode and on explorable modes. Other dungeons like CoE, CoF, HotW, and the dreadeds SE and Arah will be done so at a Quaggan's pace.

Anything, please let me know here or whenever I am online.

Xio and Muzical like this