• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

No Microtransaction for Star Wars Battlefront. Hmmmmm.

31 posts in this topic

http://ap.ign.com/m/star-wars-battlefront/92878/news/star-wars-battlefront-wont-have-microtransactions

This is, too good to be true. Well, considering how lacking the game will be compared to the last games of the series, they're definitely doing this to save face.

I get the feeling that there will be some catch to this. Like, having maps and characters locked as dlcs.

No micro transaction for a EA game? Hmmm......for now maybe but you just wait for a special update to be released after the game release ;)  

They're probably getting rid of microtransactions because they know you're going to be broke after upgrading your PC to play it on max settings.

Minimum PC System Requirements:

• Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
  • Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements:

• Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
  • DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Seriously? 16 gb of ram? What the fuck is this shit.

Reminds me of Ghosts. 

Why would EA bother with microtransactions when the game will be so riddled with bullshit pre-order bonuses and a truck load of DLC sliced and re bagged from the full game that has barely half the content of the previous game anyway?

savagejoe444 and Mexiguy like this

Exactly. No microtransactions does not an ethical game make

Seriously? 16 gb of ram? What the fuck is this shit.

Reminds me of Ghosts. 

It does seem weird because the GPU/CPU requirements aren't that high.

It does seem weird because the GPU/CPU requirements aren't that high.

Not really since the graphics and RAM requirements are high.  I mean, seriously, GTX 970 4GB and 16 GB RAM?  The Witcher 3 recommended the GTX 770 and 8 GB RAM and Arkham Knight recommended a GTX 760 and 8 GB RAM.

This is all probably the requirements for max settings, and they're probably so high because of all the other stuff people are doing in multiplayer.  According to Game Debate I could probably play this game on high.

HELLO GUYS ! LONG TIME NO SEE ! XD and in case of star wars battlefront from ea i still believe it's bullshit. :)

Not really since the graphics and RAM requirements are high. I mean, seriously, GTX 970 4GB and 16 GB RAM? The Witcher 3 recommended the GTX 770 and 8 GB RAM and Arkham Knight recommended a GTX 760 and 8 GB RAM.

This is all probably the requirements for max settings, and they're probably so high because of all the other stuff people are doing in multiplayer. According to Game Debate I could probably play this game on high.

It's not really a problem for me either. In part because my Rig should max this game easily but mostly because I will never buy this half-assed Battlefield clone.

MadDemon64 likes this

It's not really a problem for me either. In part because my Rig should max this game easily but mostly because I will never buy this half-assed Battlefield clone.

I know right?  I have no intention of buying it either, but it is good to know that my recently bought Laptop should be able to play this on high.

But, on a lighter note, apparently this is a thing:

Koei Tecmo wants to make Dynasty Warriors Star Wars.  How much you want to bet it will be superior to Battlefront?

Mr. Molotov and Crazycrab like this

No micro-transactions at launch does not mean they will never put them in later. Good example is Konami had made the same claim then back peddle right into having them. 

This is really weird because A lot of people had a way lower spec pc on the alpha and they had 60 fps without problems.

I don't know, we'll see in a few days.

Damn, maybe Commander Corporate had a change of heart?

....naaaah, probs gonna load it up with DLC. Sucks that only one "hero" on either side can paly as one at a time. So good bye Moseisly Assualt game mode. :'(

I know right?  I have no intention of buying it either, but it is good to know that my recently bought Laptop should be able to play this on high.

But, on a lighter note, apparently this is a thing:

Koei Tecmo wants to make Dynasty Warriors Star Wars.  How much you want to bet it will be superior to Battlefront?

Now THAT would be cool but I don't see it happening.  With EA buying into the Star Wars franchise I imagine that they would make it very difficult if not impossible for Disney to lease the licence to anybody else, like they do with Fifa, Madden and so on.

Maybe the removed it because no one ever purchases the Battlepacks *cough* BF4 *cough*, or they just have way too much DLC content...

Maybe the removed it because no one ever purchases the Battlepacks *cough* BF4 *cough*, or they just have way too much DLC content...

They might be factors but I think the main reason is they have come to the conclusion that Battlefront is not going sell as well as they were hoping and they are trying to save face.  If this game sells poorly it would be very bad for EA not just because of the usual reasons of the cost of development and loss of revenue but in addition that revenue has to be split with Disney.

Think about the release window.  A number of big hitters like Halo 5, Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 all come out in the weeks before Battlefront which certainly isn't going to help because many gamers will be to busy with those and/or struggling for cash to buy Battlefront when it comes out.

Sure you have Star Wars Episode VII coming which will generate more sales BUT most of those are likely to be disc bases sales on console which means a 4 way split between them, Disney, Sony/Microsoft and the retailer which after costs doesn't provide much juice for EA when compared to digital downloads on XBox Live,PSN an especially PC sales on Origin.

*Sniff* *Sniff*

I smell bullshit.

This would be to good to be true.

Theres a catch, there always is...

This would be to good to be true.

Theres a catch, there always is...

It probably has a subscription fee to play multiplayer.

savagejoe444 and Alexander452 like this

No, no i have a better idea. Make the game 60$ and then after 1 month of "FREE MULTIPLAYER" force the players to pay a monthly fee. The best part of all, there's no campaign, so you gotta pay the fee if you wanna play.

Oh oh or even better. Lock certain weapons/clasees/maps out of the game and made them unlockable as dlc.

No microtransactions.... so it will be a Sims 4 DLC pile instead? Or a Battlefield 4 pay to unlock everything on day 1?

Plenty of horribly bad ways of making a profit... heres just a few.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-dick-moves-that-ripped-gamers-off/

This is one game I simply cannot be excited for in any way... Not even on the name alone, being a big Star Wars fan.

And what I've seen sofar from beta, its just another shooter, but painted with Star Wars.

Edit: And having just tried the beta, its even more clear... It really is just battlefield.

That would kill this game dead in the water.