• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Games being removed from app store and customer purchase histories

10 posts in this topic

Article

A lot of games have been getting removed not just from the App store, preventing new people from buying them, but also from purchase histories of customers who have already bought the game, preventing people from downloading games that they paid for again. If it was a game that was only available on the App store it would prevent anyone playing it at all over time. This isn't just from smaller companies but now from 2K, EA, Capcom, Sega, and possibly Telltale.

This is the curse of digital distribution, it's possible (although at present very unlikely) that this could even happen with Steam, Origin....  anything and it blows major butcrack!

This is the curse of digital distribution, it's possible (although at present very unlikely) that this could even happen with Steam, Origin....  anything and it blows major butcrack!

It's a larger problem with consoles once they become older and we reach the point where there isn't many working or when their online service is shut down but I think the closest we came to any of them removing a game from purchasing history was Konami removing the Silent Hills demo, which is terrible from a game archivist perspective but no one actually paid for that, even when a license for a certain game can no longer be used by a company and a game is removed from the story you can still redownload things as needed. Apple gives people no protection from this kind of thing like other companies do.

I know Telltale removed their titles so people buying them won't be upset when they cannot get it to work. They are currently working on the issues and will put them back up once the problem is fixed. It is a sound strategy. 

It happened to me because I downloaded Ghost Trick and then deleted it only to find that I can't get it back. I call bs. :(

I know Telltale removed their titles so people buying them won't be upset when they cannot get it to work. They are currently working on the issues and will put them back up once the problem is fixed. It is a sound strategy. 

If they do that that's good but a lot of these games have been removed for some time, in Ghost Trick's case it was broken with an update for a long time and was still able to be bought on the store. A better strategy would be to disable the ability for new people to purchase it, they shouldn't be able to remove it from purchase history, being able to do that is something that Apple should prevent and could be a reason for people to reconsider future app store purchases.

Boy am i glad i dont own anything from Apple

From what I've read, Ghost Trick was also removed because it wasn't working properly. Don't know why they'd remove it from people's purchase history, that part's excessive.

I guess they remove it form the history so they can clear that app form their server and if people want to redownload it, they cant.

Heck I can still download flappy bird if I want on android.

I guess they remove it form the history so they can clear that app form their server and if people want to redownload it, they cant.

Heck I can still download flappy bird if I want on android.

And that;s why android is the master race and the true form of mobile OS 

/s