• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freestrike531

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Testing

18 posts in this topic

The beta for Star Wars Battlefront comes out today at 12:30 p.m. for those who didn't pre-download last night, 12:00 p.m. for those who did. I'm suggesting that we get some of the Angry Army to beta test the game with me and post what we think on the game. This would also allow us to see the game. I can't say much for others, but I'm personally extremely hyped for this game, and would enjoy to play this with the Angry Army in a squad or whatever the group system is.

If you're interested in playing, message me please. I'll be available around 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to 4:30 p.m. If you're interested, please message me and send me info so I can organize the squad. I'll also be on the Angry Army Teamspeak under other game lobbies. so you can meet me there when I'm on at 4:00 p.m.~ 

Organize The Angry Army

Thanks, Freestrike

Saniedrel likes this

Hi, i also waiting for testing you can add me origing nick Saniedrel. Hoping my AW can run it when EA published crazy requirement skylake CPU's

Plays smooth for me at 1920x1200 with all on ultra at 100+ fps, With i7 3770K, 16gig ram and GTX 780OC SLI. With supersamplig I got about 40fps. 

Looks beautiful and all but.... that is the ONLY positive thing I have to say about this demo. Er... "Beta"

To me, via watching playthroughs, it just looks like a generic FPS with Star Wars elements. 

To me, via watching playthroughs, it just looks like a generic FPS with Star Wars elements.

Better then a generic modern military shooter!

It feels similar to Battlefield. Fortunately, from what I've been hearing, there won't be any battlepacks or any of that nonsense. All the unlockables, you unlock in-game, which is good. It's definitely fun, I'm just not sure how much staying power the game will have, though I've only played the two game modes they've released, so who knows.

I rarely play past level 15-20 in battlefield, thats some 40 hours at my skill level. I don't buy any map packs or expansion.

So i get 40 hours out of 60 bucks.

So i dont care if the game doesn't have the staying power for those grinders that get to 60 or 100 or whatever max level is in battlefield.

Im having fun with the game so far, during "walker assult" its heavily unbalanced between the empire and rebellion though. And other stuff they need to fix.

But over all im having fun with it, and anyone saying this is like "battlefield" obviously have no clue about what they are speaking of. its a shooting game but saying its the same as battlefield would be like saying battlefield is the same as COD >: P, its not perfect. but then again, its a beta. hopefully they will add some more stuff to make the game fun for a extended period of time. otherwise i can deffenitly see ppl getting bored of this game after some time.

i just wished they´d give you the chance to give some better feedback that "choose 3 sentences of 10 that fits the game" >: P

Well im still having fun no matter if i lay the empire or the rebellion ^^,

Granted, I would have to play the beta myself to get the full effect. I've never played Battlefield, so...yeah. :P 

I might give it a shot based on the fact that I love Star Wars so damn much, and then if I don't like it, then I can at least say I tried it. :) 

Granted, I would have to play the beta myself to get the full effect. I've never played Battlefield, so...yeah. :P

I might give it a shot based on the fact that I love Star Wars so damn much, and then if I don't like it, then I can at least say I tried it. :)

Download it in origin =) free beta now, so try it out! ^^,

Brandykins1982 likes this

Just a tip, on walker assault mode, save the orbital strike for the AT-ATs.  I found out orbital strikes were OP against AT-ATs when I decided to test it on the last wave and it was a clutch victory (both AT-ATs had over half health) when the last AT-AT still with 3/4 health got tow cabled.

Basically this is what an orbital strike can do.

So basically in my heart of hearts what I wanted was the greatest Star Wars Battlefield 4 mod ever.  I would have died happy.  Sadly it's not that.  I say sadly because it's much more heavily based on the Battlefront series, with some Battlefield elements like a Hoth version of Rush mode.  There's nothing wrong with Battlefront as an inspiration...  Aside from the fact that the design of that game is like a decade old lol.  

On a personal note I'm big into Heroes of the Storm, and stuff like Evolve, and the upcoming Overwatch and Battleborn...  All games that use unique characters with personalities and abilities that are varied and cool and interesting, and it adds a TON of depth to the gameplay to have so many different characters...  That's the stuff that interests me right now.  So coming into a beta where the edges have been SOOOO shaved off that you don't even jump into vehicles physically yourself, you pick up little tokens that will spawn you into a vehicle, it's a little bit underwhelming in how very very simple it all is.  Some stuff I sort of get.  No iron sights sort of makes sense, even though Republic Commando did it like a boss.

It's a ton of fun if you're playing with friends as is always the case with these games, but I'm kind of on the fence about this thing.

Download it in origin =) free beta now, so try it out! ^^,

Doing that now. Thanks dude! :) 

Okay, tried the beta. 

It didn't suck, but it wasn't the best thing I ever played. Graphically, I found it to be a very gorgeous game, and the nostalgic person in me really appreciated the attention to detail and making it just like the Star Wars universe. 

Will the game have story mode type campaigns? I didn't see that in the beta...

Will the game have story mode type campaigns? I didn't see that in the beta...

Noooope

Noooope

Argh. That is so frustrating! I love story mode campaigns. 

I'll wait till the price goes way down on it then before I buy it. 

Argh. That is so frustrating! I love story mode campaigns. 

I'll wait till the price goes way down on it then before I buy it. 

I admire this attitude when it comes to multiplayer games.  I could never do it.  If I'm not part of the launch "zeitgeist" where everyone is playing the game and it's got as many players as the game will ever have in its entire life span, I feel like I missed the boat.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0