• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

22 posts in this topic

...MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! Actually maybe it's just the nostalgia from the older games, but awesome!-I almost cried with the memories of the older Battlefronts lightly translating from my mind into the walker assault. The trench warfare-laser rounds blazing over my head, the Wilhelm screams- heroes clashing, the flanking routs...  What did you think?  Is this just my nostalgia and hype giving me temporary satisfaction like when you get high?  Will it just turn into another shooter?

I used 6 gigs of RAM because I was to lazy to upgrade RAM and it still operated at 50-60 fps.

....Ya not so much anymore...What do you think the sales will be? Two million?

Impressed by the graphics, dissappointed in the gameplay.

Just another twitch shooter, wich I am not a fan of anymore... But its absolutely a fantastic twitch shooter with amazing graphics.

I just dont get any nostalgia wibe over it. Too much battlefield feel in it.

Probably gonna end up as another title in the "Waiting for discount"-pile of mine.

Saniedrel and Mexiguy like this

I'm downloading it as we speak but I'm going into it with zero expectations so I'm not really hoping for much.

Multiplayer drastically changed my opinion on this game. Please see the later post I made on the subject. 

What did you think? 

I thought it was just a standard CoD clone, aside from Survival, which was quite fun. 

Is this just my nostalgia and hype giving me temporary satisfaction like when you get high?

Yes.

Will it just turn into another shooter?

I predict it'll be dead within three months. 

(Old post, hadn't played multiplayer yet)

So thus far I've played the Survival mode for Battlefront twice over to get a feel for it before streaming multiplayer. 

Here's what I think on it. 

The game feels great. It's a blast to play, handles smoothly, and the weapons feel awesome. The graphics are spectacular, as are the environments. The mechanics are fun as hell. 

But this "Beta" doesn't feel like a beta. It feels like a demo designed to generate hype and pre-orders. The survival mode is meant to last fifteen waves, if the popup after you finish is to be believed, but it's capped at six. Funny thing- if you sit on that screen long enough, another wave of troopers will spawn, which makes me maybe think that it's all there, just locked away unless you pre-order. Which makes me wonder how many other features "Not available in beta" are just locked away behind a paywall. 

There's something almost everywhere in the "Beta" urging you to pre-order. I doubt it needs to be said, but unless we hear some serious chatter from Dice and EA that they're planning to release a lot more content than originally planned, don't. Don't pre-order, don't buy on day one, wait for the reviews. Because as awesome as the game plays and feels, my gamer senses tell me something smells foul about this thing, and if I know EA that foul smell is coming from day one DLC. 

IF, by some miracle, EA decided to release this game with as much content as Battlefront II, and set DICE to working on DLC after the fact instead of cutting out three quarters of the game to sell as 30-60 dollar DLC packs, then this could quite easily be a game of the year and I would play the shit out of it. 

But I doubt they will. 

I was gonna accompany this with a youtube video, but OBS is giving me shit, so I'm gonna have to wrangle with that and do the video later. 

Brokensteel119 likes this

Oh. Looks like I was a little slow with mine. :/

The game's terrible, don't play it.

DICE should be ashamed of themselves.

Raizurhk likes this

Battlefield makes Hardline look like Battlefield 2.

Screw this game.

Oh. Looks like I was a little slow with mine. :/

Theads merged

Thanks, Legolas. 

So I want and tried the multiplayer. 

It is awful. It's just a standard twitch shooter with laser guns. It has absolutely nothing in common with the original battlefront games aside from the license. I take back what I said about the game being amazing. I played the only mode worth a shit first, it seems. 

I don't know what I expected from EA and DICE, but this "Dynamic matchmaking" is utter shit. Every time, without fail, it was a team of utter noobs, including me, against people who were fully geared and knew what they were doing. Every time, without fail, we were steamrolled within five minutes. It's a standard corridor twitch shooter, so for every minute I played it, the more I hated it. 

It's Call of Duty: Star Wars. 

Don't fucking give EA any money for this. It's a disrespect to the license, it's a disrespect to the Battlefront name, and it's a disrespect to Battlefront fans. THey're just trying to cash cow off Disney's new abomination of a movie with this CoD clone. 

Fuck EA. Fuck the new Battlefront. Fuck twitch shooters.

I'm not really impressed with it to be honest, just fells like any other shooter. When it comes to crunch time I'd rather spend my money on COD Black Ops 3, at least there you get a campaign!

2and900 likes this

It just feels like a generic, mediocre, by-the-numbers shooter with a spray coat of Star Wars in it.

Maybe they should have at least made it a full Battlefield clone, then at least it would have been remotely interesting.

2and900 likes this

Yeap, played it for about half an hour and got bored.

The guns have no weight behind them whatsoever so you can't feel the impact, the map was poorly designed and looked horrible and the gameplay was just a straight up Battlefield copy and paste that they keep saying it isn't.

If this game didn't have the Star Wars name plastered all over it then people wouldn't have looked at it twice.

Can't see me buying this one.

Game looks very nice. (as other Frostbite 3 games) COOP/single play survival is kind of short (i understand beta just give a very little part try). 20 vs 20 is boring when those 19 teammates just running around doing their own things.

THIS GAME SHOULD HAS A STORY MODE/SINGLE PLAY CAMPAIGN!! With all these Frostbite 3 eye candy + Star Wars lure. $80CAD + many expensive DLC, this will be one expensive MP game. I just can't bring myself to buy a shooting game that not support any kind of mod or custom map.

I'll sum up my 2 hours of the xbox one version of battlefront's multiplayer beta so far.

Pros:

-it's looks pretty

-Star Wars sounds/visuals

-didnt really experience any noticeable lag nor did the beta crash on me

Cons:

-no ammo counts, everything is on cooldown including grenades

-vehicles are tokens you find on the map and activate to spawn into a vehicle

-fast health regen

-walker assault extremely favours the Imperials in terms of objectives

-party system sucks but that could be from being the beta

-loadout system sucks but could also just be a temporary system for the beta

-no server browser

-very little destructability

-weapons feel like they have no impact (in terms of shooting) except for the cycler rifle

-can't go prone

-If the rebels don't have at least 15 players, the only real way they can win is if the empire has even fewer. Otherwise they just don't have enough firepower to bring down the walkers.

Would have actually preferred they just took battlefront 2's systems and gameplay and given it the frostbite treatment or just reskinned battlefield 4 to star wars with a bit of a graphical upgrade. So far, it feels like a $30-$40 game at most, especially with no campaign.

Played the game for another six hours... Ya, I take it back-just the hype and memories of the old games.  By the way, Space MG-42 OP and spawns are pretty much broken. :/

hqdefault.jpg

Joe's opinions are pretty much parallel to mine. 

Zero Foxtrot likes this

It sucks.  It looks terrible plays terribly pretty much everything about it sucks imo.  The loadout system wtf is that? No diff classes.  Sniper blasters are a damn add on!!!  

Yeah no way im buying this game but then i knew it was going to suck from the start.

Just played the beta for 4 hours. And I gotta be honest here. The multiplayer is fucking awesome. This game's multiplayer is much more fun than Battelfield will ever be. Chaos everywhere, bodies flying from explosions, me just trying to survive and kill every single person that I can see, fucking beautiful.

There's 3 gameplay modes for the beta. 1 is defend the pod that's a small 16 players only mode, straightforward defend the pods for 1 minute to get points. This is basic stuff. 1 is survival mode, which is the only singleplayer mode in the game. Either you or your friend VS onslaughts of stormtroopers. This is a pretty good mode since you get to fight different stormtrooper varieties like snipers, heavy armored troopers and jetpackers, even a Walker that you have to take down singlehandedly, and it confuses me as to why this game doesn't have a singleplayer campaign since there's a pretty solid singleplayer horde mode here. There should be one!

Then there's the Walker assault 40 players mode. Fuck me, this mode is the best. You either play as a rebel or the empire, and rebels destroy walkers, while empire defend the walkers. The best part about the mode is being able to take control of the AT AT. Once you're in it, you are basically God.

That is if the AT AT itself is in a good position where it's in front of a bunker where every single other players come out of. I only played as Vader, and it's much better than Battlefront 2. Tighter controls, your abilities makes you almost invincible, like force choking and sabre throwing, OH man, so much fun!

There is definitely balancing issue with this game. If the people you are playing with don't have a single clue of how to play rebel, then 10 times out of 10, you will never win as a rebel. Much more easier to win as the empire. And the fighterplane is pretty weird to control. I heard Joe said the plane mode sucks, but I think it's just a matter of knowing what to do once you are on the plane. Need to practice it a lot before you get good at it.

Sadly, I am so positive that playing this beta is more than enough Battlefront experience. Same deal with Titanfall where playing the beta is much better and more fun than playing the full game, and it's free so you don't get your money ripped away from you if you are satisfied already playing the beta. I feel that the full game is just going to not be enough since it's multiplayer dominant, with only survival mode and I guess a battle mode for singleplayer? Why???

Final verdict: play the beta and have as much fun as you can with it, do not buy the full game. Buy it when it's $10 or less, just like I did when Titanfall fall down around that price too! :D

Its not bad but not good. Has real promise if they do it right.