• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seyren

Star Wars Battlefront Gamemodes and Season Pass

29 posts in this topic

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/features/game-modes

All gamemodes summed up there.

New Gamemodes that have not been officially announced before but they are now:

Cargo: Capture the flag but with "precious cargo"

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/cargo-a-star-wars-battlefront-twist-on-a-classic-game-mode

This is how it works: Rebels and Imperials both have a base on the map where valuable cargo is stored. Your objective is to run in to the enemy base, pick up the cargo, and return it to your home base. It’s a classic concept, but we’ve added one twist: you don’t need to have your own cargo in your base in order to bring back the cargo you’ve taken from your enemies. This creates a tug of war experience where you simply need to collect as much cargo as possible.

Cargo is a mode made up of 6v6 matches, and to create a well-functioning mode like this you need to design the maps specifically for it - and the areas you’re fighting on need to be well defined and often symmetrical to make it fair for both teams.

Droid Run:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/go-on-a-droid-run-in-star-wars-battlefront

So, in tight and fast 6-versus-6 matches, your objective is to capture and hold all the three Droids before the 10-minute time limit is up. You’ll get help from weapon pickups but Heroes, Villains, and vehicles won’t be joining the run. Communication is vital, so let your teammates know if you've spotted a Droid somewhere, how to find it, and if there are enemy forces nearby.

Hero Hunt

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/hero-hunt-beat-or-become-the-legends-of-star-wars

Seven Imperials against Luke Skywalker? Seven Rebels battling it out against Boba Fett? In Hero Hunt, one player will experience the thrill of playing as an iconic Star Wars Battlefront Hero or Villain, facing off against ground troops from the opposing faction. Want to play as the Hero? Take them out and you’ll get your chance, but remember, once you become the Hero the hunt is on.

The following ones don't have their own page so it's here summed up from the first page:

Heroes VS Villians

The most valiant Heroes and cunning Villains of the galaxy are clashing in this epic Star Wars Battlefront mode. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and other iconic characters will be part of your team together with ground troopers. Keep your Heroes and Villains alive to score points and win the battle.

And of course, about time! 

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/season-pass

Expand your galaxy with the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Season Pass. Get 4 upcoming expansion packs filled with new content, two-week early access to each expansion and an exclusive “Shoot First” emote. Stay tuned for more details on Season Pass in the coming weeks.

We all knew this but they actually took time to announce it surprisingly.

If someone didn't notice yet, i am extremely disappointed by the player size of the game modes, this is a totally turnoff.

And i didn't put it here because it wasn't a new mode, but the Blast (Team Deathmatch) mode has a player count of 10 vs 10, i find this awful compared to the high scaled gamemodes i'm used to play on the old games.

Thoughts?

...Battlefront has ALWAYS been about large-scale battles. 

Huh, this new player count seems... Oddly familiar. 

I think Joe said it best. 

2412774c6e.png

Zero Foxtrot and savagejoe444 like this

The saddest thing is that when this game bombs, as it inevitably will (I read somewhere that EA expects to sell 10 million units on day one, which is absolutely rediculous) EA will then sit on the license and we'll never see another Battlefront game again. 

$110 for the full game experience then.... and still no single player campaign...

Welp, this just got moved from my "Wait for discount" pile, to the "hell fucin no" pile.

Even Call of Dooty atleast had a campaign...

savagejoe444 and Zero Foxtrot like this

You know what's gonna get released a week before this? 

f4-logo.JPG

Why should I buy this half-assed excuse of a MP shooter if I can buy Fallout 4? 

I think i'm the only one in this forum that is not excited for Fallout 4.

This does not mean i am excited for Battlefront, but was the one i was looking foward to until all this disappointment that is ruining the game i thought i was going to play a lot this year.

My alternative is Need for Speed but apparently it's going to get a beautiful 30 fps lock but well, my laptop can't get 60 anyway so hopefully it will be more fun to have.

I'm with you there. It looks great and all, but I won't be scrambling to get it for quite a while.

As far as Battlefieldfront: A Long Long Time Ago Warfare goes, honestly... I don't give a shit anymore. The game is a pile of garbage. The "Beta"(Demo) was shit, showing off shit, with a promised shitty final product.

Seyren likes this

Wow, every mode with significantly less players. That's really terrible.

If it's a Bethesda open world game I'm also not excited by it, even less if it's them trying to do Fallout again.

Wow, every mode with significantly less players. That's really terrible.

If it's a Bethesda open world game I'm also not excited by it, even less if it's them trying to do Fallout again.

Don't kill the hype it's what keeps plebs like us going everyday

I fucking knew it! That no microtransaction thing is bullshit after all! EA is still a piece of dishonest little turds!

On the bright side, I ain't buying Battlefront since I played the crap out of the beta already. I'll be busy playing Fallout 4 anyway.

I fucking knew it! That no microtransaction thing is bullshit after all! EA is still a piece of dishonest little turds!

On the bright side, I ain't buying Battlefront since I played the crap out of the beta already. I'll be busy playing Fallout 4 anyway.

I'm not even sort of surprised. 

You know what's gonna get released a week before this? 

f4-logo.JPG

Why should I buy this half-assed excuse of a MP shooter if I can buy Fallout 4?

You know what also comes out before this?

header.jpg?t=1441227676

And I'd much rather put my money towards that then this one hit wonder.

You know what also comes out before this?

header.jpg?t=1441227676

And I'd much rather put my money towards that then this one hit wonder.

Hey, you might as well go play the game that this takes half it's gameplay from, lol

Hey, you might as well go play the game that this takes half it's gameplay from, lol

It's a shame that they forgot about the other half.

If only it had been this....

Video description:

This video shows leaked alpha gameplay of Star Wars: Battlefront III, which was to have been the third video game in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. Although LucasArts never announced the game, Free Radical Design developed the game from 2006 until 2008. The video gives you an example of how vast the battles would have been: all the Republic's Cruisers you see on the video are piloted by full crews of real players.

I would gladly had paid $110 for this and season pass.

zawisz likes this

I'm not that excited about it either. I'm waiting for the GoTY version.

Video description:

I would gladly had paid $110 for this and season pass.

Three years ago, this would have made me so fucking excited I'd have pissed my pants. 

Three years ago, Disney, EA, and DICE hadn't shat all over the franchise with this new Battlefront. 

This makes me want to fucking cry because this is what the series could have become. 

HELL THIS HAS A FUCKING CAMPAIGN WITH A STORY!

This trailer alone has more content and better mechanics than this new sorry-ass excuse of a MP shooter.

This trailer alone has more content and better mechanics than this new sorry-ass excuse of a MP shooter.

#FUCKEA

#FUCKEA

#FUCKEA

Hot damn, did that blue guy go kung fu on their asses? That's awesome! The one character in the entire series that comes close to a jedi kung fu master is Darth Maul, but he's a sith and uses his sabers.

Too bad. Now Battlefront has become another COD and Battlefield clone. You don't even need to pay money to enjoy these games now. Wasting $50-60 on these games are the worst thing you can do to your money, considering you can buy other cheaper games for considerably more content.

How so? Well, to enjoy both Battlefront and the upcoming Black Ops 3 for free, all you need to do is:

-get Titanfall for $10, play a few matches.

-when both Black Ops 3 and Battlefront comes out, watch people play those games on youtube, especially the campaigns. You will not miss a single thing. They are basically the same games after all. Unless Black Ops 3 has an open world menu, but I doubt that, since the campaign of that game has ALL the missions unlocked already.

This message has been brought to you by the NEW corporate commander. Keep your money save, and use it wisely!

giphy.gif

Laserrifle125 likes this

This message has been brought to you by the NEW corporate commander. Keep your money save, and use it wisely!

I.e buy Fallout 4 instead.

Why do I have the sudden urge to play the co-op mode in Titanfall again

Why do I have the sudden urge to play the co-op mode in Titanfall again

Cause it's basically playing Black Ops 3 without paying $60! And because my mind control suggestion has worked brilliantly!

phplq1O8K.jpeg

Just kidding. I'm not like the previous corporate commander who will stoop that low. :P

I.e buy Fallout 4 instead.

That is one of them. If you want it that is. Here's some other games that you people should buy instead for more worthwhile content:

Undertale

Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone

Just Cause 3

Super Hot

Life is Strange

Maybe Assassin's Creed Syndicate, if that turns out to be a good game and not a complete buggy mess as the past trailers suggested

And of course, Starcraft 2: the final fight: Protos campaign. Aka Legacy of the Void.

I mean, I already snagged Titanfall for super-cheap a while back, I just never really played it much because I didn't have anyone to play with.