• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aya Reiko

John Bain's (a.k.a. TotalBiscuit) cancer returns, estimates has 2-3 years to live

23 posts in this topic

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

Fight, Biscuit, Fight!

:(

Well...

f*ck.

Can't say anything else but that.

Not the kind of news i wanted to hear

We can't loose John Bain

Kiyohime likes this

Terrible news

I almost feel sorry for that poor Cancer, TB's gonna kick his sorry ass in a brutal fashion.

No, no he won't.  It's in his liver.  It's pretty much a matter of when, not if, it kills him.  Unless either they come out with a panacea cure in the next year or Jesus himself comes down from heaven and cures TB, the cancer is going to kill him.

I wish this wasn't true, but that's how it is.

If only I had 20 million $ to give to cancer research.

Create a kickstarter?

But in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if somebody starts up a fundraiser for cancer research because of this.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Humble Bundle or another similar site teams up with Totalbiscuit to create a charity fundraiser where they sell games that he recommends and all proceeds go to the cancer research organization of his choice.  Oh ok that's just a pipedream but still!

Ixnatifual and Orpo like this

Create a kickstarter?

But in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if somebody starts up a fundraiser for cancer research because of this.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Humble Bundle or another similar site teams up with Totalbiscuit to create a charity fundraiser where they sell games that he recommends and all proceeds go to the cancer research organization of his choice.  Oh ok that's just a pipedream but still!

That's actually a really nice idea even if it's very hard to realize.

That's actually a really nice idea even if it's very hard to realize.

Any idea on how to get in touch with either party to pass on the suggestion?

Any idea on how to get in touch with either party to pass on the suggestion?

Nope, but if it's doable they'll think about that by themselves ;)

Well.... Shit. 

Nope, but if it's doable they'll think about that by themselves ;)

If i had a little idea of how i could arrange that properly i totally would, however i'm pretty sure from the large audience TB has, someone is at least going to try to do something about it.

Yeah, heard that on TB's reddit section. A big shock for sure, hopefully he can survive this, because the fatality rate for his type of illness is not 100%, but still very high. I hopes he live for a while yet, but 2-3 years is likely the avg length for other patients.

I offer my prayers to TB. I believe he will kick cancer's ass.

FUCK YOU CANCER EAT SHIT AND FUCKING GO TO HELL ALREADY.

I guys told you it would eventually happen.

http://www.takethistb.com/

Boogie2988 talked about his cancer and mentioned St.Jude if i remember correctly, so someone came up with this.

Hopefully he can beat this boss in the next years.

That's awful. :( It's been a bad year for me and some of my friends. But TB is one of my favorite critics. Good luck and Godspeed TB.

I'll be as always honest (although in this circumstance I'm not sure I should).  I don't like Total Biscuit...... I don't like his content, I don't like his opinion, I don't like his ridiculous obsession with framerates and I especially don't like attitude when it comes to console gamers.

But all my negative feelings towards him will not match one hundredth of how much I hate this disease.  It took my cousin a couple away a couple of years ago and what he went through was horrible.  It's not something would not on my worst enemy.  FUCK CANCER!

So If i do happen to come across one of his videos, even if I have my hands in my face wondering "what the hell is this guy thinking?" I will every time spare 10 seconds to what he is going through......  and hope he pulls out of it.