• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Johnster4

Top 10 controversies of 2015 candidate: overkill (alternative title Payday: Global Offensive)

15 posts in this topic

I'm going ahead and say I like payday 2 and don't get me wrong it's still good but in the current state it has been since day one of this years crimefest it does not look like may last for too long, along with other issues and concerns the payday community because of overkills actions in the past year

Spring break event

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

I'll start of in March when they announced the hype train which was basically a Kickstarter stretch goal for dlc that was held for ransom this really upset for payday community because there was a chance that the may not reach the goals and never get the content in fact they had to put their hype fuel (which were for reaching to the goals) behind hotline Miami 2 pre orders that's how bad it was doing because a part of the community wasn't going to participate in this, and even two of the stretch goals were terrible ideas because one of them was exclusive to American players and one of them is a tournament for a coop PVE game.

The steam market update

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/blackmarket/

Now we come to yesterday where overkill announced that they copy and pasted counter strikes global offensives ideas of microtransactions crates/safes and keys/drills to the colour of the rarity of each weapon skin, even having a button to inspect the weapon and making them worse by giving the weapon skins stat bonuses which is objectively a pay 2 win feature. As a matter of fact they stated that this game wouldn't have any microtransactions back when it launched

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24240/discussions/0/810924774517838925/

This has completely blown my mind on how that could be considered acceptable by overkill and it completely sad for a developer like overkill to just have a awful year due to these bad business decisions.

I'll leave you guys with some other complaints that others have raises from the steam payday 2 forum/sub reddit over the years but these were just the two major incidents with overkill in 2015

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/598199244886890714/

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/3oxl3i/recounting_all_the_ways_overkill_have_let_us_down/?

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Jim sterling done a video on the situation:

If it was just skins? Suuuuure. But I feel like 2 things push this over the edge to terrible.

1) It has an effect on the weapon other than cosmetic

2) You can get skins for weapons that you have to buy via DLC

Oh,look you can now find keys drills instead of buying them.

I've still got my eye on you Overkill.

I'm done with Overkill as a trustworthy developer. They are also getting hit by a deluge of negative Steam user reviews as well as Metacritic bombing. The score was 92-93% before all of this, now it is 79% (4.4 user score on MC) as of my posting

This is extremly sad since payday is probably one on my most played game. I sad that I will have to turn a positive review to a negative one. I really dont understand why they took that decision and now they just dig up their grave. The only thing that would salvage (for me) the situation if they refund and remove all the key/drill and skin. But that wont happens...

Edit : ok drill can drop now yet the microtransaction are still in the game. Still not good enough.

Overkill has been walking on a fine line with the DLC. There's a awful amount of it. Granted there are some "free" dlc but still. Also, Overkill did stated they will not introduce microtransactions several years ago. Not too happy with Overkill and Almir at all.

Overkill has been walking on a fine line with the DLC. There's a awful amount of it. Granted there are some "free" dlc but still. Also, Overkill did stated they will not introduce microtransactions several years ago. Not too happy with Overkill and Almir at all.

Yea, it was this post on their official forums, shortly before PAYDAY 2 was released:

tYDV5Ys.png

The negative reviews are still pouring in a week later but a bit slower than at the start. User review score is Mostly Positive right now, if the community pushes it to Mixed, maybe Overkill would friggen listen for once. If you haven't already, make your negative review already, thousands already have.

Almir Listo is doing a Reddit AMA his answers here are priceless:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/3q53ms/crimefest_is_over_ama_discussion_with_almir_on/

TL;DR

they have no plans to remove the black market and he give a completely vague reason as to why it was added in, future weapons and heists could still be paid DLC, they didn't expect a backlash from this fiasco

I love how they swore up and down that microtransactions wouldn't be in Payday 2 and that we should be ashamed for even thinking that they would.

Also, the console versions of Payday 2 are still in a shoddy state, so I'm glad they put fixing those on hold to put in a microtransaction system they said they would never put in.

Overkill has pretty much lost all my support . I love the game itself but it was already flooded with dlc the console versions are barely playable with them making a statement about those versions like some AAA devs make about a broken pc port and all of this is after the fact they did the hype train event not too long ago which was basically them asking for money to make more dlc which guess what..... I HAVE TO PAY FOR STILL!!!!!! These greedy assholes also have the balls to blame the media for blowing this out of proportion saying "they are ill informed..." No the media is running with what they are being given because you assholes know that you are in the wrong and shouldn't of added this. Overkill knows for a fact what they did was utter bullshit and added the most bullshit way of claiming you don't have to pay by making drills super rare drops.......

TBH i love the game (can't find a game like this easily), i hate the devs behind the game though

You can just install GOONMOD in order to customize weapons instead of wasting money of safes

That is, if you really wanna play the game anymore