• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lazereye57

Warhammer Vermintide: My thoughts so far.

1 post in this topic

Greetings

So I have been playing the early access beta for a couple of days now.

The game have a lot of potential, is real fun when everything is running smoothly and is a great evolution to the left4dead formula.

BUT! In its current state I saw a lot of problems that should have been fixed by now. Among these are numerous AI bugs, glitches and exploits, random frame rate dropping, game crashes and balance issues.

It also seems like if you don't have a really good PC you might encounter these problems more regulary. Me and a friend played the game over the weekend. He had a monster gaming PC that could run everything on the highest quality, while I had a laptop that ran everything on low (it is also quite powerful for a laptop so the game requires some muscle). He ran the game smoothly, never experiencing frame rate drops or crashes. For me it was pretty much random. At one moment I ran the game completely fine, then later I would get weird frame rate issues and sometimes the game would lag so badly it was barely playable (luckily this only happend once).

We also brought in two other friends. They barely managed to play from the moment they started playing. Took a couple of games with them tonight. For one of them the game was now working fine, while for the other one it worked fine for a time then she got multiple crashes after crashes until she gave up for the night. Both of them were also playing on laptops, but not quite as powerful as mine.

So if you are thinking of picking up the game. I will say it is a great game, but it is quite buggy in its current state. If you own a very good gaming PC you shouldn't have that much problems. Even for me the game was playable most of the time and you can jump back into a game again if you crash or DC, granted you have one of your teammates in your friend list. Most of these problems will most likely be fixed in the upcoming weeks/months.

So here's my current score of the game.

The game in its current state 6/10

The game when all these problems are fixed 7.5/10

Thanks for reading this post :)

PS: Does Joe plan on reviewing this game? I know it is kinda a minor release, but it is not that many games big games coming out this month. Besides, it's Warhammer! One of the best fantasy universes out there:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0