• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MechSoldier

One Life, A Game That Locks You Out When You Die

29 posts in this topic

So I ran into an article about this game and I have to say, it's a pretty shitty concept for a $10 game. "One Life" is a post-apocalyptic first person online shooter that seems to be feeding off of one's desire to have power over other players. When you die, the game locks your steam account out from ever playing it again.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

That's just...a bad mechanic.

A shame really cos the game looks kinda fun, Trapping people in a cell and watching as they rage on facecam.

But yeah that mechanic kills any hope this game would have.

I can sorta see what they are going for here but it's a crap idea.

tarascon likes this

After a month or two of gameplay, the community will actually boil down to nothing but elitists and trolls, having literally killed everyone off. Sadly, I see this getting greenlit.

tarascon likes this

There is real life logic and video game logic and they don't necessarily mesh. This is one example of such clashing. Especially with this being a multiplayer FPS, this is just gonna end up a heaven for trolls. It's just not gonna work.

tarascon likes this

Bright side: If you get it and die within the first two hours, you still qualify for a Steam refund. Poor video game logic being overcome by economic policies. Thanks, Steam!

This is just plain stupid as a mechanic.

Edit: 1234 posts!

Wow, this gimmick is even worse than the gimmick of that one game where when enough people die the game shuts down. What happened to that piece of crap anyways?

1445488531646.jpgHurry up men, pre order!

What the fuck? Some genius actually think this is a good idea?? This is the worst gaming concept I have ever seen!! The worst of all is that this game is $10. WHAT??? These people actually "CHARGE" this game that much?? How about $2 or $4 at most??

There exists games similar to this one, and they are all free to play. Like this

And to make this game even more ridiculous, turns out once you kill someone, you don't actually kill that person. You can choose to make him your hostage, kill him for real, take all his stuff or let him go. Just like real life terrorism!

Wow, this is just, wow. Not only is this game actively encouraging bad behaviour, but it rips unfortunate player's money from them. DO NOT BUY THIS STUPID GAME!

I like the grapichs and style

Gimmick is interesting, it's sorta a hardcore version of hardcore modes in games. (instead of the character it's the whole game)

i actually find the idea interesting, but im not paying 9,99 $ just to getting the game locked, when i pay for a game i want to play it, despite some stupid rule.

And what will they do about hackers ? If the game becomes filled with hackers, then regular players would have a hard time.

I think it would have been a better idea for a Free2play game, however then you have the problem with microtransactions and pay2win

You will basically have wasted 9,99 $

I hope it a publicity stunt just to make noise for the game. Because it look fun and interesting but 10$ for one life. Damn, I know my luck and my experience in dayz, h1z1, rust and I die alot.

Now you will have squad of dedicated people kill the defenceless newbie like in all the other game but even worst.

Kind of weird, I down-voted it on Steam. But! But, I hopes this gets Greenlit...I just want to see the rage from all the videos. It's gonna be hilarious!

Alexander452 likes this

Corporate approves!

No.. even corporate will not approve... this is a suicide marketing idea...   That power over other player idea will not fly because for sure many people will not play like that. Many player will feel good just to kill you and feel happy that he wasted your $10 and you cannot do anything about it. I cannot foresee the developer will last more than 6 months after the game is released. It is because their customers keep dying and never come back.

The thing with death in a video game is you cant avoid it. No matter how good you're are you will die one day or an other. In some game you will respawn and in some other you will start all over again. But in this game, death is giving you the finger and take 10$ out of your wallet.

Now I just hope it will not start a new trend. You know know stupid stuff can become popular... 

If it locked you out of the game for 24 hours, that'd be one thing. But a game that becomes unplayable once you die.... That shit better be free. If they charge money for this, it'll be no different from every other scam game, or content flip game on steam

I like the idea. The gameplay looks cool. I like the general look of the game. 

Unfortunately there's gonna be just groups of people that rove around murdering new players for teh lulz. So I'll like be in the game for ten minutes and get headshotted by a sniper or something. That's the way games like this work. 

YAY TWENTY BUCKS DOWN THE DRAIN

Please tell me this isn't  real it sounds really ridiculous 

It's real. It's very real.

locking you out of the game for 1 week or even 1 month is workable... but forever is a very bad business model...