• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

Boogie and the XB1 Elite Controller

16 posts in this topic

Good ol' boogie was sent an XB1 elite controller to review. I just thought I'd share this since I haven't really seen much somebody trying this out hands on outside of Microsoft's own promotion.

Personally, I'm still not sure. There has been a number of fancy peripherals made for games consoles and PC's over the years, like the power glove, and whilst I do think this isn't much more than that, It does seem to have been thought out with more common sense than most of them.

What do you crazy mo'fo's think?

As someone who bought a Scuf Dualshock 4 and a Steam Controller, I think that X1 Elite controller is pretty nifty. It's clear that Microsoft is trying to get people away from third party modded controller vendors like Scuf with this customizable baby. Since I got that Dualschock 4 Scuf controller, I've gotten very used to having paddles on the back of the controller, that it didn't take me long to get accustomed to the Steam Controller's rear pad buttons. This Elite has four paddles, for any button you want to assign to them? Heck yeah that's nice.

I think Scuf came out with their X1 Infinity controller to compete with this thing specifically. Depending on which one you get, it'll be cheaper than the Elite Controller. But the good thing about the Elite is that you don't have to buy those different height stick changeamaroos. I believe those cost extra for the Scuf's X1 Infinity.

Whenever I get an X1, I'm going to try to get the Elite Bundle so this controller is already included, along with that 1TB SSD (I think it's an SSD). Sony better step up their game on this, they're going to miss out on this sort of market for their consoles.

well this controller is aimed towards competitive gamers as well.

Depends i guess. I mean you can't play cs go or dota 2 with that. Competitively that is.  COD on the other hand...

To be honest i was expecting the new gen consoles not to go for the same thing again(analog sticks) but rather try to do something similar to what valve did. I mean heck technology is evolving. And we all know that between an analog stick and a mouse the trackpad comes as a good gimmick for better control.  The ps4 did something close to that but from what i heard the trackpad on the ps4 controller isn't that useful.

Now on the steam controller part, I cant say they implemented the concept without fail. I mean the controller is bulky. And I don't think the d-pad needed to be like that. Also it seems like the trackpad surface is kinda too big.

EDIT: im retarded i thought this was boogie's review on the steam controller

IMO the perfect controller for now, would be one using the model of the 360 controller, with the ps4's d-pad, an analogue stick, and instead of the second stick it could use a trackpad that is not as big as the one that the steam controller has.

Depends i guess. I mean you can't play cs go or dota 2 with that. Competitively that is.  COD on the other hand...

To be honest i was expecting the new gen consoles not to go for the same thing again(analog sticks) but rather try to do something similar to what valve did. I mean heck technology is evolving. And we all know that between an analog stick and a mouse the trackpad comes as a good gimmick for better control.  The ps4 did something close to that but from what i heard the trackpad on the ps4 controller isn't that useful.

Now on the steam controller part, I cant say they implemented the concept without fail. I mean the controller is bulky. And I don't think the d-pad needed to be like that. Also it seems like the trackpad surface is kinda too big.

IMO the perfect controller for now, would be one using the model of the 360 controller, with the ps4's d-pad, an analogue stick, and instead of the second stick it could use a trackpad that is not as big as the one that the steam controller has.

hmm......

llaYumH.png

It could work!

Mr. Molotov and Shagger like this

I personally love the XBOX 360 controller. It's always fit my hands just right, and everything is positioned perfectly for my big-ass hands. the sticks are way too close together on the Dualshock for my comfort. Plus the Dualshock is just so damn skinny and doesn't have any weight to it. :/

That's my useless opinion on controllers. I'll just go now. 

Velocirapter and Mr. Molotov like this

I don't have time to look it up right now but what is the difference between xb1 and elite?

hmm......

llaYumH.png

It could work!

It could actually. Though personally, I'd prefer the left stick to be where the Dualshock's is, and then move the track pad to that position. I've hit the start button of the Steam Controller when I meant to press Y a few times, and it's sort of irritating.

I don't have time to look it up right now but what is the difference between xb1 and elite?

The Elite Controller is customizable. Its Analog Sticks can be replaced with ones of different height. The Directional Pad could be changed between the traditional cross shape to the radar dish that its usually shown with. It's got four paddles on the back which can be used to map any button to, so no more taking your thumb away from the right stick to press a face button, very helpful for shooters. These paddles can be removed and replaced for further customizability. Lastly all of its buttons can be remapped.

hmm......

llaYumH.png

It could work!

That looks super cramped to me, dunno if I like all the control elements being so close together. 

- Sincerely, the man with Sasquatch paws for hands

That looks super cramped to me, dunno if I like all the control elements being so close together. 

- Sincerely, the man with Sasquatch paws for hands

is this you by any chance?

59FvLkH.jpg

Source for the people that want to crap their pants laughing https://imgur.com/a/OH1lW

Whenever I get an X1, I'm going to try to get the Elite Bundle so this controller is already included, along with that 1TB SSD (I think it's an SSD). Sony better step up their game on this, they're going to miss out on this sort of market for their consoles.

It's an SSD HDD Hybrid

I really REALLY like the Xbone controller, so this thing looks great.

Personally I like the idea behind the Elite and Scuf controllers (I've been thinking about buying a Scuf 360 FPS Hybrid controller), but they are too overpriced for me to really get behind. Part of the reason I've been holding off on buying the Scuf FPS Hybrid is because it seems a bit overpriced- I'd buy the basic model for $65, not for $77.95. 

The elite come with a carry case and the rechargeable battery in the package, but more importantly it has customizable d-pad, analogue sticks, four additional paddles at the back that can also be customized and removed if one wishes. The buttons can also be re-mapped to suit your one tastes and needs for each game. Then, of coerce, there is the price, $150.

Definitely a controller with a niche market. I myself, do not see myself purchasing it at any point in the near future.

is this you by any chance?

59FvLkH.jpg

Source for the people that want to crap their pants laughing https://imgur.com/a/OH1lW

My hands aren't fucked up like that but they are about that big. I'm six six and my hands are to scale with the rest of me.

*Quietly sobs over how difficult it is to paint 40K models with hands this big*