• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Seph

Blade and Soul, Faction and Server Type

BnS   28 members have voted

1. 1. What faction would you prefer?

• The Cerulean Order (Blue)
    • The Crimson Legion (Red)
    • I will go with either one

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

I know that there are a few people other than myself interested in blade and soul. I figured now would be a good time to start talking about which faction we should play as and which server type we should play on. I also wanted to start a discussion about the clan so we can hit the ground running when the game goes live. So lets start this off.

Server Types

They mentioned that there will be PvE and PvP servers but there are no specifics as to what those server names are going to be. PvP servers would be something different from what is currently live on the other regions so it is quite possible that we wont have a choice of server types when the game goes live but I figured we could hash this one out just in case. Here is how I have come to understand the open world PvP in this game.

• PvE Servers - Open world PvP would require that both parties that are participating to equip PvP costumes of opposing factions. This would in turn flag you for PvP until you remove the costume. Removing the costume requires you to not be in combat and takes 5 secs to remove it fully. You can also opt to res, if you died from an enemy player, with no costume equipped to prevent you from being spawn camped.
  • PvP Server - I have not seen an example of this on the current live servers or on the technical alpha servers so I am only speculating. I would assume that parties of the main two opposing factions will always be flagged for PvP against one another. Another possible scenario is that anyone can kill each other at any time. If anyone has any information on this please speak up.

Factions

There are several opposing factions in this game and you are able to get most if not all of their costumes and PvP against the opposing faction, and players wearing the opposing faction's costume, while wearing their costume. The two main ones are The Cerulean Order and The Crimson Legion. You will be given an option to choose one or the other fairly early on in the game. Clans in this game can only be comprised of members that are in the same faction. This will mean we need to coordinate the faction we decide to play. Blue is essentially Order and Red is Chaos. Everyone may see this as an obvious choice, RED DUH, but there are some things we need to consider. A faction can fill up on a server. This is to force people to roll the other faction to balance things out. You can reroll your faction for a fee, which resets all your stats with the faction and it can only be done if the one you are going to is not full. And guess what, red typically fills up first.... So as you would imagine, this would cause some problems for us. In the end though, it is only the costume that really changes.

CLl0BlDWcAAM1xd.jpg

*Edit

Removed the server types option since all servers are pve servers to clear up any confusion.

DoctorEvil likes this

I kinda want to see if something happens with Black Desert before I devote any time to Blade and Soul.

My understanding of what was said before is that in the final release there will not be PvE, and PvP servers, just different ones to spread out the population, with the option to flag yourself to PvP if you want to while playing. Meaning everyone needs to be of the same server, and faction, but that's it.

Should also add that this poll seems rather premature as the closed betas will continue till the end of the year (Closed Beta 1:  Oct 29–Nov 2, Closed Beta 2:  Nov 13–16, Closed Beta 3:  Nov 24–30, Closed Beta 4:  Dec 11–14, Closed Beta 5:  Dec 18–21), after which time I'd imagine they'll follow those up with an open beta before the full release.

I kinda want to see if something happens with Black Desert before I devote any time to Blade and Soul.

That likely won't come out here in full release till maybe mid to late 2016 at the earliest by my estimate, as betas aren't expected to start till some time in 2016, while B&S has betas going on now, and is slated for full release likely in early 2016. I'm honestly not expecting much from Black Desert, it just strikes me as a character creator, with a game of some description attached to it that tries to tick all the boxes for "in" things games are suppose to have. They've been kinda wishy-washy about what their plans for it have been too, first it was going to be some hard-core PvP thing, with kinda broken balance, then they realised the market wasn't really going that way, so went casual. I'm sure it'll draw lots of attention at launch, but expect that to fizzle out soon enough.

My understanding of what was said before is that in the final release there will not be PvE, and PvP servers, just different ones to spread out the population, with the option to flag yourself to PvP if you want to while playing. Meaning everyone needs to be of the same server, and faction, but that's it.

Should also add that this poll seems rather premature as the closed betas will continue till the end of the year (Closed Beta 1:  Oct 29–Nov 2, Closed Beta 2:  Nov 13–16, Closed Beta 3:  Nov 24–30, Closed Beta 4:  Dec 11–14, Closed Beta 5:  Dec 18–21), after which time I'd imagine they'll follow those up with an open beta before the full release.

PvP servers were announced as a possibility for the NA/EU release of blade and soul back at gamescon earlier this year. They have not said anything about it since but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to include it just in case.

As for being to early to plan.... The game will be coming out in the first quarter of 2016 or early in the 2nd quarter at the latest. There is no reason why we cannot plan out which faction we plan to play so we can start organizing anyone currently playing in the beta and future ones. I would prefer to make sure we can keep everyone together just in case there is an open beta. We can then pick a server, if there are multiple servers, once they are announced.

1. Will there be a open beta?

No. There are no plans for a open beta.

Source

1. Will there be a open beta?

No. There are no plans for a open beta.

Source

I wouldn't use that source.  It's old.  It doesn't list the date for a closed beta that has already begun.  It's safe to say that it's out of date.

PvP servers were announced as a possibility for the NA/EU release of blade and soul back at gamescon earlier this year. They have not said anything about it since but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to include it just in case.

Going to have to echo what MadDemon64 said in regards to this as well. Also it's kinda pointless to even have such votes, unless you conduct it among a PvP dedicated community, which this isn't, it's a given the PvE vote would win. Although as your previous Wildstar vote showed, you, and whoever may be running this AJSA, guild as we all know that's what is bound to happen should one be made, could just ignore the community, and set up on the PvP server instead, decision made, no further discussion allowed, if you don't like it, don't join.

As for being to early to plan.... The game will be coming out in the first quarter of 2016 or early in the 2nd quarter at the latest. There is no reason why we cannot plan out which faction we plan to play so we can start organizing anyone currently playing in the beta and future ones. I would prefer to make sure we can keep everyone together just in case there is an open beta. We can then pick a server, if there are multiple servers, once they are announced.

Except first off, as you even said, you can't even reasonably pick your preferred faction, since the game regulates who can join up with which faction so one side does not grossly outnumber the other. For a game like this, it'd be better to just have a generalized group that plays together, regardless of faction, with no defined clan in game, rather than to plan around a dedicated clan, with the main planning, and community aspect on this site. Could try setting up two clans, one for each, but may not be able to get that many people playing in the long run for those to be all that successful.

With that being the case, reasonably speaking, getting the AJSA playing together in B&S would just be about server selection, which again, based on current info, wouldn't be split between PvE, and PvP servers, so it'd just be to get everyone on the same one, rather than a matter of preference, but with no release date, and just closed betas which will surely be accompanied with wipes, now seems far too early to plan anything. It also means there's nothing to even vote on, I imagine there will be some interest, not sure if there'd be enough to justify a making it an AJSA official game though. If you want to make a vote, just asking people if they'd play makes more sense, although with no release date, it'd seem far too early for that too.

It just feels like this is done so the community starts thinking of you as the B&S leader early, as when there's so many unknowns, including the release date, and it's been shown that the will of the community can be outright ignored, and you were fine with that since it fit into your preference, I can't see any other reason for this poll than such a self serving one.

Seph likes this

Phoenix I am sensing a bit of animosity from you for no reason. Your information about me is a little off. I wasn't even a sgt in this community when we started talking about WildStar being supported and I wasn't the guild leader for it until 2-3 months after it came out. I had no say and was just as you are now.

As for my choice this time, I actually voted for pve if we have the choice. I have been playing this game for the last 2-3 years already. The pve servers work as is and I don't see a need for pvp ones.

As for me making this post as some way of proclaiming that I am the leader is also false. Anyone who actually comes on teamspeak to play with the community knows that I am too busy with WildStar to lead another game. I have also been approached by multiple people about this game this game though. I have told them all that I will not be leading it.

Will I play it? Of course. Will I help out in organizing it? More than likely due to not many others stepping up to help out. Will I lead it? Not unless absolutely no one steps up to do anything for it, I find leadership to handle WildStar for me in my absence, AND as a temporary measure until I find someone to take over.

Do not assume you know anything about me when you obviously didn't do any research and you have never played a single game with me.

Phoenix I am sensing a bit of animosity from you for no reason. Your information about me is a little off.

Here's the thing, while the poll was going on the leadership for Wildstar was selected as another person as the head, and you. Next when the vote had over sixty votes made, and was going roughly 2:1 in favour of starting on a PvE server, you reported that starting on a PvE server was only being taken into consideration, but wanted to start on a PvP server. Your own stated personal stand on the matter was that you wanted to start on a PvP server, and when that was the decision, even when the PvE vote was ahead, you were clearly fine, or even happy with that. You were ok with going against the will of the community, for a group meant to be for that community, that's the main problem I have right there. I don't need to play a game with a person to know that if that's their stance on such an issue, that I would have a real problem with that person, and would rather not deal with them.

When the decision was made ahead of the release, the pole thread was promptly closed, by you. When someone started another thread to discuss the decision, it was closed, by you, indicating people would need to talk to you, or the other person in charge (who I don't think we had even heard from) privately if they wanted to discuss it, but the sentiment that was given was that the decision was made, and that was that, it wasn't just me that got that impression either.

Just to be clear here in case someone tries to suggest it, I now, and always have had zero interest in running some AJSA clan for Blade & Soul. My issue here is purely due to the apparent pointlessness of this poll, and Seph.

So I had to wait until I got home to reply to this and it may be a bit long but here goes.

Lets first cover this whole Wildstar incident so that I can get back to what this thread is actually about.

So first things first... Dates! Wildstar released on June 3rd 2014. I made the first Wildstar post about server and faction choice on Feb 13th 2014 (source: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/14115-wildstar-server-and-faction/?hl=%2Bwildstar+%2Bserver). I joined the community Jan 8th 2014, this would put me at the rank of Member at the time of me making that post. I was promoted to the dual rank of Officer/Moderator sometime in May 2014 (cannot remember the exact date) so that I could assist Rankalee/LittleMowgli in running tournaments in LoL as well as being his game officer in Wildstar. I was promoted to the rank of Commander on Aug 20 2014 once Rankalee/LittleMowgli stepped down due to personal obligations.

Next lets talk about my role before Aug (thats 2 months after June btw). I was a game officer underneath a commander at the time. I obtained the rank of game officer because of how helpful and available I tried to make myself. I helped everyone I could and answered any questions I could BUT I was not able to make ANY decisions in regards to anything I helped with since I was underneath someone. I lost many battles when it came to how both LoL was ran as well as Wildstar BEFORE Aug 20th when I got promoted to Commander. In regards to the post you are mentioning. It was 42-48 in favor of PvE (source: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/14115-wildstar-server-and-faction/?hl=%2Bwildstar+%2Bserver). We discussed server selections based on those polls and at that time I advised my commander in charge that we should go with PvE or people will be very upset. The guild leader/Commander at that time felt it was OK to rule in favor of the PvP server due to how close the votes were and that he felt we could do more guild events on a PvP server. My advice was ignored and the decision was made. The only things I could have done was accept it or come on to the forums and throw a tantrum, or completely step down to go do my own thing. I chose to stick it out and see how it went. I also tried to prevent any drama on the forums by providing an avenue for people to speak directly with the person who made the decision or me to explain why they made the decision. Was it the right one? In my opinion, no. But it was not my place at that time to make that decision. Hell we are actually playing on a PvE server RIGHT NOW. Anyways... 2 months later, I am now the guild leader and I am promoted to the rank of Commander and given additional duties within this community. This is when I no longer had anyone to tell me how I had to run any guilds/clans. I have yet to receive any negative comments on how I am leading the guild in Wildstar TO THIS DAY.

Next up: The reason for this poll. I made this poll in an attempt to get people talking about another MMO that I really enjoy and want to play hoping that I could find someone to lead it. The game should be coming out in the next 3-5 months and organizing early is never a bad thing. Hell my "job" in this community is to scout out potential games for us to support and help them succeed. This just happens to be one that I am also very interested in. I will not be leading it though, I just do not have the time or I wouldn't mind doing it. I anyone is interested in leading this one up, please get in contact with me so that we can discuss how to make it an officially supported game.

So please provide any proof to back up your claims against me. I am very offended that you would even suggest that I do not have this community's best interest at heart. I sacrifice too much of my time trying to make this a better community to have my name dragged through the mud by anyone in this community. I am on teamspeak almost everyday. I play many games with this community. I make myself available to help anyone and everyone and I shouldn't even have to explain myself. Do your research, come back. If you want to continue trying to bash me, please provide factual information with SOURCES. Otherwise, I think you owe me an apology.

Just to be clear here in case someone tries to suggest it, I now, and always have had zero interest in running some AJSA clan for Blade & Soul. My issue here is purely due to the apparent pointlessness of this poll, and Seph.

I can guarantee you right now, that if Seph was in charge of this community, it would be running a lot more efficiently than what it is now. Not saying anyone in the top brass is incompetent, but too many jobs are left undone, too many officer positions are left opened, and too few rules and regulations are left unchecked. I've been talking to Seph, and playing Wildstar since the launch, and all the issues you mentioned was because our guild leader at the time was making decisions based on his personal opinions and disregarding what the community wanted. In addition he left us high and dry for days, and things that needed to be done in regards to guild stuff was left undone. I don't know why you have any beef with Seph, but I'm thinking you are basing all your hostility on second-hand information from other people, because if you'd talked to Seph at all you'd know he's not the kind of person you're accusing him of being.

MMORPG.com is currently giving away beta keys.  Grab them while you can.

*Edit* And they're gone.

MMORPG.com is currently giving away beta keys.  Grab them while you can.

*Edit* And they're gone.

I wouldn't even show up as a blip on NCSoft's radar, but managed to get invites to both closed betas so far. Maybe being on the B&S mailing list for aaaages, had something to do with it. Either way, hope you got in, and are having fun with it.

I can guarantee you right now, that if Seph was in charge of this community, it would be running a lot more efficiently than what it is now. Not saying anyone in the top brass is incompetent, but too many jobs are left undone, too many officer positions are left opened, and too few rules and regulations are left unchecked. I've been talking to Seph, and playing Wildstar since the launch, and all the issues you mentioned was because our guild leader at the time was making decisions based on his personal opinions and disregarding what the community wanted.

Er, what, you're kidding right? Ok, let's look at maters just surrounding Blade & Soul for starters. Looking around this site, the only threads on the topic of this game seems to be this one, and the one I started back when NCSoft finally started letting people know it was finally going to get released. That thread didn't have all that much varied activity, as a lot of its posts were from the same few people, so just from that you can gauge there not being much interest for the game in this community. Meaning there wasn't really any need to again try to gauge the interest people had for the game, making this thread pointless, and thereby inefficient.

Next there's the poll questions. Based on current info, it does not look like there will be two server types, as like some other games, this game just isn't set-up for such a split to work, and based on what others have said elsewhere, other releases don't split things up like that either. Then with the second, he shot the value of asking which faction down right in that first post, players just can't freely decide that, as the game tries to balance the two sides, and you need to pick one to start a clan, plus everyone in the clan needs to be in the same faction. In which case the questions were pointless, and thereby inefficient.

Now let's look at his conduct after my accusation. He responded to a personal, off topic issue, openly in these forums, that's wrong, and against the rules. I knew that straight away, yet here this former forum mod, and current fairly high ranking member of this site just went ahead, and did that. Then continued to write some long ass wall of text to someone that already stated they wanted nothing to do with him, as such, it stands to reason would not read said post, which I didn't. Yet despite all that, you're claiming he should be given more authority, and that would be good for this site? Seems to me that he's demonstrating the very complaints you have about the leadership himself.

As for the Wildstar issue, it had two leaders, he was one of them. He stated in that poll thread being on the PvP server was what he wanted, and that's what he got. Then if I was in his position, I'd have just told the others person that ignoring the will of the community like that was flat out wrong, and if that's what he/she wants to do, then I want nothing to do with it, so he/she would have to tell people that what they want doesn't matter himself/herself. Instead Seph stuck with it, and in a happy toned post announced that it was being set up on a PvP server, then shut down any open discussion on that matter himself. If you want to believe he's just so great for this community, then that's up to you, I on the other hand have had enough of this community, and have finally decided to leave, which is something I've been debating about for upwards of a year now, and have even said about as much a number of months ago already.

Er, what, you're kidding right? Ok, let's look at maters just surrounding Blade & Soul for starters. Looking around this site, the only threads on the topic of this game seems to be this one, and the one I started back when NCSoft finally started letting people know it was finally going to get released. That thread didn't have all that much varied activity, as a lot of its posts were from the same few people, so just from that you can gauge there not being much interest for the game in this community. Meaning there wasn't really any need to again try to gauge the interest people had for the game, making this thread pointless, and thereby inefficient.

Next there's the poll questions. Based on current info, it does not look like there will be two server types, as like some other games, this game just isn't set-up for such a split to work, and based on what others have said elsewhere, other releases don't split things up like that either. Then with the second, he shot the value of asking which faction down right in that first post, players just can't freely decide that, as the game tries to balance the two sides, and you need to pick one to start a clan, plus everyone in the clan needs to be in the same faction. In which case the questions were pointless, and thereby inefficient.

Now let's look at his conduct after my accusation. He responded to a personal, off topic issue, openly in these forums, that's wrong, and against the rules. I knew that straight away, yet here this former forum mod, and current fairly high ranking member of this site just went ahead, and did that. Then continued to write some long ass wall of text to someone that already stated they wanted nothing to do with him, as such, it stands to reason would not read said post, which I didn't. Yet despite all that, you're claiming he should be given more authority, and that would be good for this site? Seems to me that he's demonstrating the very complaints you have about the leadership himself.

As for the Wildstar issue, it had two leaders, he was one of them. He stated in that poll thread being on the PvP server was what he wanted, and that's what he got. Then if I was in his position, I'd have just told the others person that ignoring the will of the community like that was flat out wrong, and if that's what he/she wants to do, then I want nothing to do with it, so he/she would have to tell people that what they want doesn't matter himself/herself. Instead Seph stuck with it, and in a happy toned post announced that it was being set up on a PvP server, then shut down any open discussion on that matter himself. If you want to believe he's just so great for this community, then that's up to you, I on the other hand have had enough of this community, and have finally decided to leave, which is something I've been debating about for upwards of a year now, and have even said about as much a number of months ago already.

I know you will probably not read this based on your previous post but I am inclined to state it anyways, not so much for you but for anyone else who is reading this. Seeing as it is my name being dragged through the mud at this time, I am inclined to defend my namesake.

You are very much correct that I should have given you at least a warning by now for making slanderous posts about another member of this community. But, it could have been twisted that I was oppressing you or some other nonsense. I felt that explaining things would have been a better route and I wanted to at least give you the benefit of the doubt that you were simply uninformed. I will gladly talk to you in teamspeak or in a private message on these forums if you would like to know about anything. I will not allow you to continue to make wild accusations based on posts that you have over exaggerated though.

This is going to be my last post on this matter asking you to do 1 of 2 things.

1. You can either provide proof to your accusations and therefore prove me wrong. You are welcome to your opinion but unless you can provide something other than your opinion of me, then I ask that you cease your attempt to smear my name and derail my topic.
  2. Get back on topic or post nothing. I will then take it as you have accepted that you were wrong or misinformed.

If you make another post attempting to smear my name without providing any proof other than your opinion, I will not hesitate to come down on you hard. This is your only warning. Make your choice. 

WeLiVeR likes this

So....has there been an decision on what's going to happen with B&S?

I was hoping more threads would pop up. I will be playing on a med population server when it goes live Friday for headstart unless someone wants to step up and lead a guild. Probably going red faction unless its full or people decide to play with me and want to go blue. I have a few of my own friends that are not directly tied to the AJSA who will play too.

If anyone is interested in joining us, speak up, otherwise we are just going to do our own thing on whatever server sounds the coolest and isn't full yet.

Well I made my preorder characters on Old Man Cho. It is hard to tell how full the servers are going to be at this time though. If anyone else is playing and wishes to meet up, let me know.

Still havnt settled on a server yet.

I might play it when i will get my new computer,look interesting for me, since im not typical MMO player i would start playing PvE as i learn the game,then go PvP just hope i get matched with same players skill level..i will give this game a try like i did with Wildstar which i loved btw ill get back to that once in a while.

So, which server will we play on?

I ended up settling down on the server mast hong if anyone wants to join me.

Im on old man cho

I ended up settling down on the server mast hong if anyone wants to join me.

Well, this could be problematic...

Ya that was my bad. There are a couple of us on Master hong now and the way that founders benefits work, it would hard to transfer off unfortunately.

As it stands, there is no official ajsa guild yet or any plans to make one. However, if someone is willing to step up and lead it, this can change. I will be continuing to play on Master Hong until there is a way to do character transfers if the ajsa guild ends up being on another server.