• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
COWCAT

Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (funded)

9 posts in this topic

Hello! :)

I'm 31, and a French adventure game fan!

I am developing an adventure game named "Demetrios", which you may have heard about (it was mentioned on pretty much every adventure game site worldwide!)

Here's my game trailer :

youtubeemail.jpg

The game is currently on Kickstarter, and has reached its small funding goal with 10 days left!

Here's the game description :

demetrios-sandra.png

The game is called "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure". It's meant to be a classic Point & Click, inspired by Broken Sword, but with a specific cynical humor and very interactive / contextual (characters will often react to the stupid things you do!)

I'm doing everything myself : programming, graphics, musics, dialogs... and marketing :P

What do you think? :)

First of all, congratulations on getting the minimum funding goal.

My opinion on it: it's good to see a game where people actually do stupid things, depends on the rest of the game (if it is more a lighthearted or serious story) how well it will fit in the game, but yeah, keep going.

COWCAT likes this

First of all, congratulations on getting the minimum funding goal.

My opinion on it: it's good to see a game where people actually do stupid things, depends on the rest of the game (if it is more a lighthearted or serious story) how well it will fit in the game, but yeah, keep going.

Thank you :) The game is small budget and I'm doing everything myself so yeah, it has a very personal touch to it :)

I'd say the game keeps a lighthearted tone but it becomes more serious as the story progresses.

Good news, Demetrios got greenlit today and thus will be available on Steam! :) (with achievements, cards and probably support for saves into the cloud).

demetriosgreenlight.jpg

The Steam version will be an option of course, there will also be a DRM Free version available.

There are still 7 days left to support the Kickstarter!

Dekaku likes this

The development of Demetrios is in the last stages, so I expect to release the game in a few months. :)

Lake Kubilius, one of the few early testers of the game has finished Demetrios! He really enjoyed the game and wrote a quick review of it!

Having recently finished an alpha build of the game, I can say with confidence that this is something new and wonderful! Fans of point and click adventures will be delighted to see some fresh blood in the genre, with fantastically risky writing and art choices coming together for fun effect.

The game is driven by a ridiculous sense of humor that defies classification.  Many of the best elements of the "Leisure Suit Larry" games are reborn here, excepting that most of the stuff that put off female gamers has been replaced with stuff that would feel more at home in "South Park." Amusing mini-games are sprinkled throughout, including an optional hunt for cookies in every scene. Searching for cookies is especially fun, and finding them yields more jokes.  

The cookies also serve as the currency exchanged for game hints, which is a wickedly clever design choice.  (If you carefully search every scene for cookies, you should need fewer hints.  If you only need a few hints, and the game gives you those hints in exchange for cookies, no one gets mad and ruins the fun with a walkthrough. )

The story is fun, but almost incidental.  The real treat is wandering around as these ridiculous characters, doing ridiculous things.  

This game was a good time.

The part about it being "something new" really pleases me, because that was my intention - offering the adventure gamers something different, a game like no other that you'll definitely want to try :)

I've posted an update on Kickstarter with more information on what has been done and what's left, check it here!

Among many other things, I've added cutscenes, achievements, cookies and extras :)

844e9dc61ca8af53a610c977e2ee95c0_origina

This is it! Demetrios is OUT!

promorelease.jpg

Get it on Steam for only $8.99 (10% off this week!)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/451570

Or buy it from my site, and get both a DRM Free version + a Steam key for the same price!
http://www.demetriosgame.com/en/order/

Still a few DVD (DRM Free) units available to preorder on the site too! (these will be delivered one month after the release)

I hope you enjoy the game! :)