• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arkeeny

Best Streaming Software for full screen games?

14 posts in this topic

I need to know what is the best software to use to stream/record full screen games. I use Nvidia Shadowplay mostly but that lacks customization. 

I tried OBS and FFsplit but OBS randomly stops recording or records a black screen or stops recording my voice or webcam or all thee above.

Its extremely unreliable. 

I heard its cause it can't record full screen reliably especially when you tab out but even when I don't tab out it still just screws up. 

I tried using camtasia and gamshow but they are trial streaming software and I cant afford that. 

And Xsplit just bogs down my system and I end up losing too much fps to effectively play.

In the end Shadowplay is the only Streaming software that works for me.

So i wanted to know if there are other software like Shadowplay that allows better customization.

thanks. :)

Hmm. OBS is really the best of all. Are you by any chance running a beta version of OBS? That may cause the problems afaik.

If not, try to address these issue on the OBS forums for professional help. I myself used OBS and while my rig is not that great for streaming, it still worked fine.

Best software for streaming is OBS, it allows custom customization. 

Best software for recording is Nvidia Shadowplay, my settings is set on recommended and it records with 720p60fps.

Yes, definitely. OBS. 

I'm looking into OBS MP and it seems simple enough to set up...just have to get off my lazy ass and actually start streaming with it. 

I did also look into FFSplit (or something like that) and it seemed okay up to the point where it kept crashing every five seconds, so I would avoid that program if you can. 

I been having a lot of issues with OBS. Mainly that it stops recording for no reason or just records a black screen. Another issue is double echo recording and bad webcam audio. Do you know how I can fix this? It would help me out a lot. :(

Are you using OBS or OBS MP? What are your system specs? Peripherals?

I am using OBS 64bit. I have windows 7, 8gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 680, intel core2 quad core cpu.

Its gotten to the point I can no longer stream games using obs yet I have no choice since shadowplay is refusing to stream now. Yet shadowplay is the only software that doesn't lag my computer. I am streaming at low EVERYTHING. I had to turn down the graphics on all my games and stream at low bitrate and quality and still my fps drops to an averate of 8 to 15. 

I really need a new computer desperately but I can't afford it. One of the reasons I am streaming and youtubing is to try and make a little extra to at the very least afford a new computer. I could really use help with this, at the very least get this thing to work.

I am using OBS 64bit. I have windows 7, 8gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 680, intel core2 quad core cpu.

Its gotten to the point I can no longer stream games using obs yet I have no choice since shadowplay is refusing to stream now. Yet shadowplay is the only software that doesn't lag my computer. I am streaming at low EVERYTHING. I had to turn down the graphics on all my games and stream at low bitrate and quality and still my fps drops to an averate of 8 to 15.

I really need a new computer desperately but I can't afford it. One of the reasons I am streaming and youtubing is to try and make a little extra to at the very least afford a new computer. I could really use help with this, at the very least get this thing to work.

I really really dont wanna dissapoint you but unless you have like ~500 viewers on stream or you arent gonna make any cash. Youtube is entirely out of the question. Maybe its better to save up some cash, rather than trying your luck on twitch. I tried it myself and its not worth it in your case.

I guess. Although how do people get so many viewers? I heard someone started and got a lot of viewers in two weeks.

Raspharus likes this

I guess. Although how do people get so many viewers? I heard someone started and got a lot of viewers in two weeks.

Haha mate. Its really a lottery. I had streamed for a month or so and then I called it quit, because it didn't fit me too much. Basically you can have the best stream quality/persona in the world and get no viewers. Or you could be a not so great streamer and have tons of viewers. 

You'll probably do it for a couple of days or whatever and then realize you are wasting time and just move on. Imagine how many people are doing it. If you wanna do it for fun then go for it bud. If you wanna make some pocket change, then try to consider a part time job.

In order for me to get a part time job I need to move. in order to move I need money. In order to get money I need to make it first. With a dying computer, a job I am barely holding onto, medical problems and no car? Seems like tough times.

Hang on buddy. Dont let life beat you up!