• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WITHASTICK

(E3 Update) Horizon: Zero Dawn

31 posts in this topic

Horizon-4.jpg

After being kept secret for over a year and a half Horizon: Zero Dawn, Guerrilla Games new rpg was announced. Featuring a lush open world, you control a Huntress. What you are hunting is nothing of the ordinary. As machines have adapted and become the wild life of this world. Ranging from small like packs of dogs, to large hulking beast that remind us of T-Rex's. You explore this world, you hunt in this world, or you're hunted in this world.

Updated: Horizon: Zero Dawn takes place in a post apocalyptic world where mankind has been pushed back to their hunter and gather origins, and machines have become animal like. Not much is known what caused this change in the world, why humanity was sent back in terms of control and machines now become the worlds source of animals. But that is the journey to discover those answers Horizon: Zero Dawn presents us. We play as Alloy an outsider to a village, full of adventure, and daughter to a woman who did mysterious things. Something threatens our way of life and we've become tired of it, sending us on our adventure to stop it and find answers. Horizon: Zero Dawn is a open world rpg with leveling, abilities, crafting (Like The Witcher 3). It's combat is very action like, that also includes destructible environments. With this role-play like system comes the conversation wheel that was popularize by the Mass Effect series (Not known if there will be points you'll choose a response and than won't be able to go back on it. However from what we've seen in the gameplay it seems used for informational purposes). Horizon: Zero Dawn will be coming to PlayStation for February 28 2017.

Included are a few videos (Announcement trailer, Gameplay, and Interviews) as well as the PlayStation Blog article sources.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Pre-order/Release date details source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/horizon-zero-dawn-special-editions-pre-order-bonuses-detailed/

I am bit worried that Guerilla won't be able to pull this off, why? It's because they mostly make shooters and as far as I'm aware, they never made an RPG. 

I am bit worried that Guerilla won't be able to pull this off, why? It's because they mostly make shooters and as far as I'm aware, they never made an RPG. 

I have a similar worry as well. But I also have abit of hope. That maybe this is what they always wanted to do and that Killzone was their stepping stones to get high enough to be allowed to do this project. Says alot that they been given this offer, means Sony has to be confident enough from what they seen. I have heard somethings from people who play test this game almost a year ago. Back than people where worried. I spoke with that play tester and he even was shock to see how this game looks and runs now. So it looks like they have improved. We'll see we got alot of time from here till then. But worry is good.

True but they are taking their time with it and what I've seen in the trailer looks promising.  I have high hopes.

EDIT:

I really hope she doesn't talk as much as this in the final game, over 50 hours I see that getting REALLY fucking annoying!  The combat and the enemy's look great though.

first time for everything, i mean it can go either ways

but even though they have only made FPS's that does not mean they can't pull of an RPG

creative assembly only used to create strategy games, yet they made an excellent horror game 

first time for everything, i mean it can go either ways

but even though they have only made FPS's that does not mean they can't pull of an RPG

creative assembly only used to create strategy games, yet they made an excellent horror game 

I know, I know but I taught myself to assume that something might go wrong. What if it the gameplay isn't as good as the marketing has show? What if the game gets released in a broken state? What if story turns out to be terrible? These are all things I take into consideration. 

Alexander452 likes this

I know, I know but I taught myself to assume that something might go wrong. What if it the gameplay isn't as good as the marketing has show? What if the game gets released in a broken state? What if story turns out to be terrible? These are all things I take into consideration. 

true, always be cautious about gameplay trailers and similar trailers that somwhat lies about the game for example "game engine fottage"

I think I'm looking forward to this then other games. I love to see new IPs come out. Sure I'm excited for MGS5, Ghost Recon, Fallout, etc but most developers are scared to get out of their comfort zone

game looks promising. Cant wait to get more info.

This has been moved back to the PS4 sub-forum.

This is looking really good!

We've only seen footage of the fighting mechanics so far which look great but I'm going to hold back any hope for this game until I see more of the world, the story and other characters. If there are any videos I've missed of these things please link

:)

Exactly i loved how it looked like the game crashed 

Looks pretty good, combat looks solid, it's got a loot system and a progression system. But I have to wonder about some things:

1- The guy who showed off the game said that there were 2 clans and that he was doing a quest for one of them, does that means there are some branching decisions in the story? 

2- Outside of quests, what is there to do? Find collectibles? Explore dungeons? Take on challenges?

3- The guy showed off the game also said that you can craft, how does that system work? I don't think that's it's a Fallout 4 type of thing where you can take a weapon and turn it into something completely different, but i'd like to see how it works.

This is probably the only reason why I'm contemplating on getting a PS4. The exclusives on PS4 has never really grabbed me (other than Bloodborne) until this specific title.

Looks pretty good, combat looks solid, it's got a loot system and a progression system. But I have to wonder about some things:

1- The guy who showed off the game said that there were 2 clans and that he was doing a quest for one of them, does that means there are some branching decisions in the story? 

2- Outside of quests, what is there to do? Find collectibles? Explore dungeons? Take on challenges?

3- The guy showed off the game also said that you can craft, how does that system work? I don't think that's it's a Fallout 4 type of thing where you can take a weapon and turn it into something completely different, but i'd like to see how it works.

To somewhat answer numeral 3, kinda. He said that they wanted a simple crafting system. Something that would be quick and easy to use and won't break your immersion from the world. I believe he also gave the example of crafting arrowheads on the fly.

To somewhat answer numeral 3, kinda. He said that they wanted a simple crafting system. Something that would be quick and easy to use and won't break your immersion from the world. I believe he also gave the example of crafting arrowheads on the fly.

So, I'm guessing that it's gonna work like it did in The Last of Us, where you gather materials and make things that can help you out in combat.

I'm guessing that with this being the studio's first attempt at an RPG that this will be a relatively conventional crafting system. It wouldn't be wise at this stage to try to innovative and do something wildly unfamiliar and risk alienating the potential audience, they will play it safe.

I think that rest of the game will have a similar approach. With only two clans (at least that we know of) there probably won't be that many settlements. I'm sure there will side quests and activities like gathering supplies, hunting and exploring outside of the main storyline. Nothing particularly fresh but as long as it's executed well I'm fine with that.

What I'm excited about is the combat, this is where I think we're seeing some really cool ideas. Setting up traps, stealth mechanics and tactically striking specific points, it's awesome stuff!

So good news or bad news.... Screw it I'll start with good news, good news is a new trailer before E3:

Now bad news, the game has been delayed and moved to next year. Specifically February 2017.

24 minutes ago, argetlam350 said:

Now bad news, the game has been delayed and moved to next year. Specifically February 2017.

I wouldn't say it is bad news per se, as I want this game to be as good (if not better) than it looks. At least with the delay, there is the chance for Guerrilla Games to make this game an awesome one.

While I agree that a delay is better then a broken game on launch the problem is delays feel to be way to common this generation. It's something that use to be unexpected now it feels like when a game is announced you better expect a fifty fifty chance of them doing a delay on that game and pushing it back from the original date they said. That's why I view it partially as bad news because I'm kind of tired of the trend of delays have started to become.

Should you really expect anything different at this point with these types of games? I'm with Bleeding on this, they can push it back to make it better or to improve it. My hopeful thinking on this is why I haven't lost faith in Mass Effect yet. As long as Guerrilla doesn't start to push the game back multiple times to the point that the game is just another fable such as Half-Life 3, then I'm okay with it.

likes this

1 hour ago, argetlam350 said:

Well .... Incoming death threats.

likes this