• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

Kenori

Can We Talk About How TERRIBLE BF4 Looks on PS3?

24 posts in this topic

I thought it was because my tv was terrible, but the more and more I play it the more I think its the actual game. The characters look gross, the ground looks like an oil painting with tufts of fake almost 2D looking grass, the water looks like PS2 water. Even after several minutes of playing to let all the textures load, it still looks terrible.

I know that the maps are huge, and rendering that much detail across that big of a map would be difficult, but I dont ever remember Bad Company 2 even looking this bad, and that was several years ago.

And thats not even talking about the basic issues the game has that should have been addressed in beta. Random crashes, the map not loading properly upon a redeploy. Randomly not being able to redeploy on a location for no discernible reason. I could forgive the small stuff if it looked alright, but as it is right now I dont think I'll be following it into the new generation of consoles.

Anyone else have differing opinions on this?

Not playing for the graphics so meh.

The issues with the game are everywhere not just PS3 ~

I kinda figured as much, but the PS3 version is the version I have.

The graphics part is just simply the ps3 hardware isn't good enough to have the graphics any better at this point to be honest. I hear a lot of people are having crashing problems on pc though to.

What did you expect? lol

I expected it to look at least as good as a game that came out years before it did, like Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Everyone knows that the end of a system's lifecycle is where you see a marked IMPROVEMENT of graphics over the earlier games, not it looking WORSE.

SergeantLenny likes this

I'd say 8 or 9, But go watch Joe's rant for the PC version too, Now imagine that, only instead of the graphics looking ok, they looks like shit.

Plus the issues with the deployment window, on top of the other problems that have plagued the series since I've started playing it and have continued to this day.

I got a question for you guys that have the PS3 version of BF4. So for the upgrade program, does it tell you how long you have to redeem the code before it expires. I want to get BF4 for PS3 then use the upgrade program to get the PS4 version when I get one but I don't know when I'm planning to get BF4. So I'm curious would I be able to upgrade if I get it around Christmas

I got BF4 for Ps3 and I can upgrade my game until the 28th march 2014 ;)

I cant wait till friday to upgrade to the PS4.  I know ill still have bugs, but at least it will look better and have more people.  Add me if you play on PS.  Jefe_El_Guapo is PSN.  I know, I wish I could change it without losing my stuff lol.

Weird, I though BF3 on PS3 wasn't that bad. Can't believe they really dropped the ball on this one.

I know, I wish I could change it without losing my stuff lol.

Wait, what the...? I thought you can kind of transcribe your level and everything to the PS4 or will it not be possible?

I'd focus more on how terrible the player limit cap is.

how about saying "BF4 is just terrible at all" ? :D

I can't agree with that because I'm actually enjoying it hahaha

It doesn't matter how it looks because it runs like crap. The game obviously wasn't nearly done by release.

I hope all these issues get ironed out while I wait patiently for some ps4 units to show up store shelves.

Why not play it on computer? That's the best version of the game. Unless you either don't have a pc or your computer can't handle the system requirement.

As I get older, all I want to do is play these things while on the couch.  It's crazy because when I was growing up I was an ardent pc gamer, but this game would melt the video card in my computer.