• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryukra

Elite: Dangerous price policy bullshit

33 posts in this topic

I like space games and with Elite and the upcoming Star Citizen, there will be a glorious new age of space sim games, but there is something that qualifies for an angry rant.

As everybody knows Elite never feeled finished. Most features of an full Elite were cut and we were left with not much content. After hearing that Elite gets an expansion, I was really happy that Elite goes from Unfinished Early Access Beta to something playable, interesting.

UNTIL I saw the price tag and the bullshit I unwrapped after that.

The current price of elite is 44.99$ like a decent fullprice title. Now and where the bullshit starts. Horizons, the first expansion, will be released around the end of this year and it will cost 59.99!! If you have the game you get an limited discount of 15$ on that price. Yes you read right, LIMITED. So if you don't get it with discount the game will cost you right about 105$ for the game how it should be from the beginning.

Its worth to mention that if you are a new player prepurchasing Horizons gets you both Elite and the expansion for 59.99$ This is a decent price for everything, but hurts the diehard fans who backed or bought it right away, even if it wasn't really the full elite experience.

Now we get to the real bullshit. You can buy a lifetime expansion pass for 195$. You will get everything included. My theory is, that they had that lifetime pass as a kickstarter goal and now need to adjust their price policy to match that. Just to not piss off the backers. If every expansion would cost 20$ they would have to provide 7 expansions.

Here is a chart which visualizes the situation:

BI0Wzno.jpg

Don't worry though. I'm sure jimfuckingsterlingson will save the day yet again. 

Yeah, gotta agree that the price is kinda out there in FUBAR town, just 2 miles from Greenlight shitville.

Were really looking forward to more content, but seeing the price of the expansion, I'll put that money to Fallout 4 and X-Com 2 instead.

I could have accepted about €25 for an expansion, but nearly €40? Hell no.

Yeah, gotta agree that the price is kinda out there in FUBAR town, just 2 miles from Greenlight shitville.

Were really looking forward to more content, but seeing the price of the expansion, I'll put that money to Fallout 4 and X-Com 2 instead.

I could have accepted about €25 for an expansion, but nearly €40? Hell no.

Witcher's expansion is 10 bucks and it brings more content than that.

$105 for the game and expansion sounds like a steal next to Star Citizen's system where that gets you one mid-tier ship.

Ixnatifual likes this

But the ships in Star Citizen are obtainable with ingame money. You will also be required to have the Expansion if you want to stay online with everyone in Elite..

But the ships in Star Citizen are obtainable with ingame money. You will also be required to have the Expansion if you want to stay online with everyone in Elite..

Except you have to purchase at least one ship at a minimum of $45.  If you want a decent one it's about $90 with some packages costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars for the right to participate in it's so called "Alpha" that should have been a full release a year ago.  Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Elite Dangerous either, what is the deal with space sims and con men!

Holy hell. I agree with you here. This is some serious stuff that JOe should cover.

what is the deal with space sims and con men!

Space is the Final Frontier after all.

zawisz and Crazycrab like this

Space is the Final Frontier after all.

These are the voyagers of the starship F**K YOU GIVE ME MONEY!

So if I have this straight, buying Horizons for 60 bucks will net you the base game, But if you already own the base  game you have to shell out 45 bucks for Horizon......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Fuck me!

Seems more and more developers are getting greedy theses days 

no way in hell im gonna spend that much for a single game

$105 for the game and expansion sounds like a steal next to Star Citizen's system where that gets you one mid-tier ship.

One is a released game, another is still in development.

I know many love to hate on Star Citizen, but comparing anything between the two becides "its a space sim", is BS at this stage.

Buying ships in Star Citizen is is purely for funding purposes and optional to do. All of them can be bought with ingame money later.

Buying Horizon on the other hand, is needed in order to play online with others who have it. And the price is just too damn high.

So as the famous words go... Dont like it, dont buy it.

Just like guild of wars 2. The game went f2p but with a 60$ expansion and if you already own the game you still need to pay 60 for the expension.

It fucking over their fan and their player base...

Another example of a developer being a total twat when it comes to pricing and other business decisions..

Just like guild of wars 2. The game went f2p but with a 60$ expansion and if you already own the game you still need to pay 60 for the expension.

It fucking over their fan and their player base...

So just to confirm, paying $60 in 2012 should entitle someone to 100% content forever in a MMORPG, and asking for another $60 three years later is completely outrageous.

You know, I'd be willing to work with you on the E:D thing, because that's $100 in a single year, but complaining about GW2 just smacks of too much entitlement for me.

So just to confirm, paying $60 in 2012 should entitle someone to 100% content forever in a MMORPG, and asking for another $60 three years later is completely outrageous.

You know, I'd be willing to work with you on the E:D thing, because that's $100 in a single year, but complaining about GW2 just smacks of too much entitlement for me.

The thing is with elite and GW2 (witch btw I use as an exemple) is newcomer get all the pretty stuff for 60$ but all the other that was there before have to pay again an other 60$ to be up to date.

One is a released game, another is still in development.

I know many love to hate on Star Citizen, but comparing anything between the two becides "its a space sim", is BS at this stage.

Buying ships in Star Citizen is is purely for funding purposes and optional to do. All of them can be bought with ingame money later.

Buying Horizon on the other hand, is needed in order to play online with others who have it. And the price is just too damn high.

So as the famous words go... Dont like it, dont buy it.

It's had more money, time and resources thrown into that just about any AAA title and yet they are pretty much no closer to release than they were two years ago.  The only reason it hasn't made it to full release is that hey are making a bloody fortune out of arrogant Alpha scam.

As I said before it is NOT optional!  You MUST but one of two starter packs before you can download, why do Star Citizen fans keep denying this?

utsbcGX.png

I agree that Elite Dangerous is asking WAY to much, but compared to how much Star Citizen are asking for in exchange for the "complete" package....  Your joking right!

EP86HTQ.png

Also I put complete in quotations because even after the full release there is STILL going to be more ships and content that is not even included in it!  The lifetime pass for ED is $195 which is ridiculous, but you don't even get the luxury of "Lifetime" in SZ after spending $18,000 ARE YOU FUCKING TRIPPING!  ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS!

Before anyone stars don't give me this "it's pledges", "donations" or "it's needed to finish the game" bullshit.  This is a commercial product loaded with grinding and micro.... or rather mega-transactions that has already squeezed a fortune form the wallets of its fans with only bare minimum content in exchange which they still charge for.  There's bloody good reasons why so many people hate on it, it's sickening!

zawisz likes this

It's had more money, time and resources thrown into that just about any AAA title and yet they are pretty much no closer to release than they were two years ago.  The only reason it hasn't made it to full release is that hey are making a bloody fortune out of arrogant Alpha scam.

As I said before it is NOT optional!  You MUST but one of two starter packs before you can download, why do Star Citizen fans keep denying this?

utsbcGX.png

So.... $45 for a ship pack, that grants you access to the Arena commander, and the full game when its done...

Hmm, where have I seen that before...

Oh yeah, overthere among the other pile of pre-order/early access/kickstarter games.

And no... You DONT have to buy anything. Thoose ship packs on that picture, is no different than any other pre-order, that offers access to some closed alpha/beta before release.

Seriously, until they actually put a "out of buisness" sign on the door, all the screams for "SCAM!!" is nothing but speculations and wild guesses. And no, anyhing coming outta Derek Smarts mouth, is not valid proof of any kind.

I swear, people only got huge fucin sticks up their arses about this, due to the money involved.

And if you STILL claim Star Citizen to be a scam at its current stage, welp then lets take a look at Season passes.... You are putting down €30-50 for a bunch of ??????????.... thats right, you dont know jack shit about the content thoose season passes will give ya, yet they are still being sold.

Just no... As a invenstor in Star Citizen, I'll sit back and watch what the end result will be and then fetch my torch and pitchfork and charge ahead with actual proof, should the result not to be my liking.

So.... $45 for a ship pack, that grants you access to the Arena commander, and the full game when its done...

Oh yeah, overthere among the other pile of pre-order/early access/kickstarter games.

And no... You DONT have to buy anything. Thoose ship packs on that picture, is no different than any other pre-order, that offers access to some closed alpha/beta before release.

So... you do have to buy one of those starter packs to play the game. Between what both you and crab have said it seems that way.

I'm not even complaining, $45 for early access doesn't sound unreasonable.

I will say the founders packs and stuff are insane. $18,000! How can that be defended? Even if you count the true cost of Halo 5 to be a copy of the game, a console, an xbl gold subscription and all of its additional content and microtransactions that's still less than a 10nth of that complete package for Star Citizen.

And on a crowdfunded game as well...

Crazycrab likes this

Seriously, until they actually put a "out of buisness" sign on the door, all the screams for "SCAM!!" is nothing but speculations and wild guesses. And no, anyhing coming outta Derek Smarts mouth, is not valid proof of any kind.

I swear, people only got huge fucin sticks up their arses about this, due to the money involved.

And if you STILL claim Star Citizen to be a scam at its current stage, welp then lets take a look at Season passes.... You are putting down €30-50 for a bunch of ??????????.... thats right, you dont know jack shit about the content thoose season passes will give ya, yet they are still being sold.

Just no... As a invenstor in Star Citizen, I'll sit back and watch what the end result will be and then fetch my torch and pitchfork and charge ahead with actual proof, should the result not to be my liking.

What the hell do you mean you don't have to buy anything!?  If you can download and play the game without buying anything, if the so called "pledging" is optional then EXPLAIN THIS!

eQUcNAo.png

Don't you realize that when you pre-order something you ARE buying it!  When you give money in exchange for a digital package this gives access to an online digital product that in itself IS a financial transaction!  Please read out-load to yourself the section of your post that I have highlighted and then reply stating why you and so many other SZ fans that I see on the internet don't classify that as a purchase!  I'm dead serious, explain this to me because when I read shit this stupid and contradictory I feel like my brain is dripping out my ear!

So... you do have to buy one of those starter packs to play the game. Between what both you and crab have said it seems that way.

I'm not even complaining, $45 for early access doesn't sound unreasonable.

I will say the founders packs and stuff are insane. $18,000! How can that be defended? Even if you count the true cost of Halo 5 to be a copy of the game, a console, an xbl gold subscription and all of its additional content and microtransactions that's still less than a 10nth of that complete package for Star Citizen.

And on a crowdfunded game as well...

What the hell do you mean you don't have to buy anything!?  If you can download and play the game without buying anything, if the so called "pledging" is optional then EXPLAIN THIS!

Ofcourse you have to buy a pack, if you want to play.... its not a F2P game.

Its no different than fucin preodering any other game, how hard is that to understand?

When you buy a $45 pack, YOU BUY THE GAME! Just like any other preorder.

Ofcoures you have to buy the fucin GAME, if you want to play...

You have to buy Elite: Dangerous to play that too. Hell, if you want BETA ACCESS IN ELITE, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT TOO!

JUST LIKE STAR CITIZEN!

But as I said, if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT! Do you NEED to buy every ship in the shop? NO!

See? Noone is forcing you to buy ANYTHING if you dont want to.

Noone is forcing you to buy the $18k bullshit package or everything else in the shop.

Ofcourse its crazy to offer an $18k package, but whats more crazy is the fact that some rich arseholes actually bought them.

Blame them, not the company.

Hate all you want, but spewing out nonsense about scams without having any kind of solid proof, is just stupid.

Is this really what AJSA is about now? People just throwing statements without proof outta their asses?

So to type it as clearly as I can...

If you dont wish to pledge to Star Citizen, then dont. No need to buy anything.

If you want the game, and alpha/beta access, buy the $45 ship packs. No need to buy any other stuff.

PS: And no, I'm not a god damn star citizen fanboy, just wanna hammer that down.

I spend so little time on their forums, that I actually recieved email from them, asking why I've been gone for so long.

I'm just an invenstor, and know full well the risks that comes with it. Even got my own doubts about Star Citizen.

Ofcourse you have to buy a pack, if you want to play.... its not a F2P game.

Its no different than fucin preodering any other game, how hard is that to understand?

When you buy a $45 pack, YOU BUY THE GAME! Just like any other preorder.

Ofcoures you have to buy the fucin GAME, if you want to play...

You have to buy Elite: Dangerous to play that too. Hell, if you want BETA ACCESS IN ELITE, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT TOO!

JUST LIKE STAR CITIZEN!

But as I said, if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT! Do you NEED to buy every ship in the shop? NO!

See? Noone is forcing you to buy ANYTHING if you dont want to.

Noone is forcing you to buy the $18k bullshit package or everything else in the shop.

Ofcourse its crazy to offer an $18k package, but whats more crazy is the fact that some rich arseholes actually bought them.

Blame them, not the company.

Hate all you want, but spewing out nonsense about scams without having any kind of solid proof, is just stupid.

Is this really what AJSA is about now? People just throwing statements without proof outta their asses?

So to type it as clearly as I can...

If you dont wish to pledge to Star Citizen, then dont. No need to buy anything.

If you want the game, and alpha/beta access, buy the $45 ship packs. No need to buy any other stuff.

PS: And no, I'm not a god damn star citizen fanboy, just wanna hammer that down.

I spend so little time on their forums, that I actually recieved email from them, asking why I've been gone for so long.

I'm just an invenstor, and know full well the risks that comes with it. Even got my own doubts about Star Citizen.

It wasn't that long ago you were preaching that the ship packs were optional and you didn't have to buy anything, and when crab presented YOU the proof that wasn't the case, you've backtracked and accused people of slander for speaking the truth that you now suddenly agree with.

Crazycrab likes this

At least I bought the lifetime expansion pass for €50 or so before the game's release. But €45 is really pushing it for a game where there is still placeholder content from Alpha testing and features are rather barebones. Some things are great in Elite, but it still feels like an early access title. The big expansion price on top of that seems nuts.

Any game offering something for $18,000 is automatically a bullshit game and any person supporting it or playing it might as well give up being a gamer and just become a lobbyist or a majority shareholder.

You can't sit there and defend $18,000 unless you're a money grabbing corporate schmuck yourself.

Anyone who defends that game... is pure weapons grade chemically imbalanced.

Crazycrab likes this