• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tarascon

Mastery Mystery

2 posts in this topic

I've spent considerable time reading anything discussed after Oct. 23rd (and a lot of the earlier Beta discussions) that I could find online about the new HoT Mastery system but found nothing regarding my specific issue. I've also watched YouTube walkthroughs and help uploads... same. I understand that HoT is a work in progress and therefore any information may still be forthcoming if more people have the same problem. I've chatted with Treeps and Xio and though they were both patient and friendly, we couldn't figure out what was up. So I submitted a ticket about 20 minutes ago; in the event I hear nothing back I thought I'd toss this out here and see what folks posted. I do not rule out the concept that I may just be an idiot. :D

Here's the deal: I am not able to unlock either Heart of Maguuma nor Central Tyria. Since all my current points are assigned to CT, I don't really expect HoM to unlock yet. My understanding is that CT is the default area and that, in order of skill sets, I need to get glider skills, then IItzel Lore, and then Exalted. < That's my bona fides to show I actually have spent time learning the HoT ropes. I have the Deluxe Edition of HoT. My Engineer completed the level 80 Personal Story and filled up the Mastery bar (635K out of 635K) and has 11 Mastery Points. I've gone to the areas that the pop-up window says I need to go to in order to train a skill (Orr, Ascalon,etc). Nothing works. I even attempted to begin Prologue: Rally to Maguuma because right under the Locked Masteries it says to start "Torn From the Skies" and that will unlock the Mastery skills but could not find Tactician Elke anywhere in Red Rock Bastion. That may be a bug--I don't know. I do know that I got my ass handed to me in a sling because a series of events kept happening there while I searched high and low for the Tech.

Below is a screenshot of my Mastery Panel as it is at this moment so you all can see that my bar is complete and that I have 11 points for Central Tyria as well as see exactly what I am looking at when I open the panel.

Any ideas?

gw001_zpsvyxud1yi.jpg

Update.

I think I finally figured out the problem; in the Story Journal I had to open the HoT tab and actually check off the Prologue tab which allows me to start that series. It's sort of annoying that nothing I read bothered to mention that simple fact. :)

Treeps, Hashirama Senju and Xio like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0