• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glaice

Doom

36 posts in this topic

Does anyone still play Doom and Doom 2 on these boards too? If so, can you tell me what do you like about the games? Also, do you play custom levels or mods with your game? Do you have a favorite source port? Have you made any effort to make a custom level before like I have over the past 16 years? :)

Phoxly likes this

Damn.. It's sad to see nobody's replied to you so far. People don't respect old games anymore.

I do play Doom, but not much. I mostly play it because my friend is a Doom-nut and he got me into it.

I use the Zandronum source port, more specifically GZDoom.

As for mods, I really don't play modded doom because I didn't even beat anything past EP1 (lel), but I do play with Brutal Doom V19 every once in a while just for fun, mainly because my friend (mentioned earlier) is making his own improved version of Brutal with new sounds and animations and a complete code over-haul and all that, so he gets me to test his mod whenever he finishes a few things.

I am interested in trying other stuff like Samsara or other games like Marathon, but I'm really not that much of a Doom player to invest some time for them.

Edit : I might also try out some of your custom maps, but not anytime soon, I'll tell you what I think about them when I do.

Edited by Toxidragon199
Glaice likes this

Of course i Play such a classic gem. With some Mods like ZDoom and Doomsday Mod. the hardest part for me is playing through Final Doom TNT and Plutonia Experiment. Doom Resurrection + Outcast Levels is very hard too.

Yes of course, great game, I have only played unmodded so far but will try Brutal Doom cause that looks great

I remember playing the first Doom and second one when I was 6. It scared the shit out of me but I fairly enjoyed it. I remember playing it again at a friend's house and sitting down near the monitor for 4 hours straight. Those were great games... :')

YES, i do still play the original doom games. HELL, i still even play final doom. i also still of course still love doom 3 as well. My favorite source port is zandroum. I've never really bothered with custom maps. and the only mod i play from time to time is brutal doom. DAMN I LOVE THAT FRIGGIN MOD. ITS SO.................BRUTAL. its honestly an amazing mod and the series is MY FAVORITE First Person Shooter franchise. I LOVE IT. and i will never stop loving it. hopefully doom 4 will come back from what happened recently if you know. if you don't know what happened then ask me in this forum and i will tell. but seriously. I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS FRANCHISE. 

Ah, the beautiful classic gem of FPSes. Nothing matches it...and nothing ever could I believe. I play unmodded DOOM 1, 2 and FINAL but I may be going up to the Brutal DOOM but it doesn't appear to be that good IMO. Recoil...reloading...just doesn't do the game justice. In more in my eyes just insulting the game as a blatant spit in the face to me.

I would have hoped the creator take a more comical approach with those deals like ROTT 13 has. Rise of the Triad 13 makes fun of games where you can aim down the sights, and games where you need to reload your guns. Neither does anything to the gameplay. No increase in accuracy and your guns already have unlimited clips/ammo. Back to the topic at hand of DOOM.

Although I believe the DOOM 3 was a let down...giving the DOOM Guy a name (not counting the comics) and ruining the intent of the original creators of DOOM. We do have a spark of hope with DOOM 4. If they go with the correct ideal for DOOM, it should be a true gem that can proudly wear the DOOM title. Keep the character nameless & faceless...or better yet...let him be customizable. Not only would it take the "the guy is suppose to be you" ideal even further it would really put it in to an entire new light.

Just my idea I guess...but I just have a chronic hatred when modern ideals of games of the same genre are added to a classic gem that never needed those in the first place. Reloading...Clip Sizes...Recoil...it is just a shame that the creator of BRUTAL DOOM squandered so much promise with the mod. :/

I have to weigh the PROs & CONs of the mod...and I just won't play it sadly.

If we can find a way to do this, we should network our computers together and play some DOOM sometime. I remember playing with my father...we fought together...and against each other when he accidentaly shot me with a shotgun...I shot him with a rocket launcher. I won. Ahh...that game has such fond memories!! ^_^

EDIT:

hopefully doom 4 will come back from what happened recently if you know. if you don't know what happened then ask me in this forum and i will tell.

oO.Oo

Something went wrong with DOOM 4? Please tell me those idiots know what they are doing...if not...those guys should be killed in a very brutal way. -_-

EDIT:

oO.Oo

Something went wrong with DOOM 4? Please tell me those idiots know what they are doing...if not...those guys should be killed in a very brutal way. -_-

Yes, back in August or so there was an article saying that they've scrapped the production due it not having any personality.  

Yes, back in August or so there was an article saying that they've scrapped the production due it not having any personality.  

...Idiots must f***ing die. -_-

Ohhhhh I hope those jackoffs get what is coming to them. >>>...<<<

Well, the game better be rocking a nice set of jugs if it's already taken over 5 years to develop.  However we already kind of have an idea of what games turn out to be like when such long development times happen...

This is a game I play regularly when I have spare time and just wish to relax my body, mind and soul, as we all know that the best way to do so is to rip  imp's spine through their nuts. The port I'm using is GZDoom with the Brutal DooM mod installed on top of it. I'm not a huge fan of custom maps, but occassionally I try to create my own maps, and also I have a nice level and campaign random generator for DooM, so when I get bored by original levels, I just use it to create some random ones and just blast through with all the arsenal. 

DooM is a timeless classic, as we can see :)

Zandronum is probably the most solid port.

It kind of bugs me that everyone knows about Brutal Doom because me and some other guys were developing a gameplay mod at the same time. But since BD basically sells itself on the very first kill, it sort of went viral.

The thing we developed was Super Skulltag. Kind of lame that Skulltag dropped its name while we were trying to popularize it. Never changed the name to Super Zandronum, though.

SST essentially was built around setting a new default Doom experience with modern technology capabilities, rather than sticking with the old DOS gameplay.

Weapons are redesigned to be more comfortable and functional. They're rebalanced with deathmatch in mind, so not everyone needs an SSG.

Enemies were tweaked to players with a mouse, instead of expecting a DOS player with just a keyboard.

All sorts of graphical effects (and people can explode). Multiple player death animations.

Buuut everyone remembers how you can rip a guy's spine out in Brutal Doom, instead of how ridiculous CTF would be with it.

You can still find it on Zan's forum. It's a bit more subtle than BD, so you shouldn't burn out on painting the walls red all day.

Was never a huge Doom fan, even around the time they came out. Seeing TotalBiscuit play the Brutal Doom was kind of cool but the game was never something I'd enjoy that much.

Hey!

I've been speaking to my friend recently and he said to me that he already knows you and is subscribed to your channel, he's saying that you make great videos and maps. I really didn't expect that so I just wanted to come over and say this. (Quite a coincidence, this is.)

He's even said that he actually tests his Improved Brutal Doom mod using your maps.

It still is a WIP, but he's done quite a few things that makes Brutal feel different. He's even made a new difficulity level when I asked him why UV is so easy. :P

So if you're interested in checking out his Improved Brutal Doom mod, I can ask him and send you a link.

So yeah, hope to hear from you soon.

Glaice likes this

Playing through DooM with Brutal DooM right now. Great mod. Also like the player made wads out there. Icurus: Alien Vanguard and Reverie are awesome DooM 2 wads.

Yeah i play but very rarley, + with Brutal Doom mods its so awsome!

Yep still play it all the time, Espeacially with Brutal doom mod

I was just about to play DOOM 2 right as I came across this thread. Good timing.

I love Doom, I own the BFG edition and the ps1 port of it, Doom 4 better arrive soon because of the Next Gen Games and all

I love Doom, I own the BFG edition and the ps1 port of it, Doom 4 better arrive soon because of the Next Gen Games and all

Nigga did you even play Doom 1 or 2?

Hey!

I've been speaking to my friend recently and he said to me that he already knows you and is subscribed to your channel, he's saying that you make great videos and maps. I really didn't expect that so I just wanted to come over and say this. (Quite a coincidence, this is.)

He's even said that he actually tests his Improved Brutal Doom mod using your maps.

It still is a WIP, but he's done quite a few things that makes Brutal feel different. He's even made a new difficulity level when I asked him why UV is so easy. :P

So if you're interested in checking out his Improved Brutal Doom mod, I can ask him and send you a link.

So yeah, hope to hear from you soon.

Who might that be, is it TheJoshmon by chance? Is it the Brutal Doom improvement version on the ZDoom forums? :)

I might get flamed but i loved doom64

I actually liked Doom 64 because of the grittier, darker and creepy atmosphere it provided us with, most notibly the level design and music that went with it.

Toxidragon199 likes this

I just recently played Doom 1 and 2. I started on 3 but haven't really gotten far. I picked up the Doom 3 BFG edition from the steam summer sale, and I enjoyed my playtime of them even if they are fairly old.

I just recently played Doom 1 and 2. I started on 3 but haven't really gotten far. I picked up the Doom 3 BFG edition from the steam summer sale, and I enjoyed my playtime of them even if they are fairly old.

You should get the standalone versions on Steam because at least what I recall that the game files were not edited like the BFG Edition's is. In the BFG Edition, the health packs have a pill icon instead of a cross in which the Red Cross had a bitchfit because trademark bullcrap and the secret Nazi levels are a shell of their former selves, as the actual SS guards were replaced with zombiemen, the wall pictures with 3rd Reich and Hitler pictures were changed to blank wall textures without them, the music and level names were changed as well, all to appease a release in Germany.  :angry:

Who might that be, is it TheJoshmon by chance? Is it the Brutal Doom improvement version on the ZDoom forums? :)

Hey.

Well, I really don't know about that mod because.. eeh, I'm don't go on ZDoom forums. I just.. do whatever my friend tells me to. :\

His name's Marrub, and he's just making his own improved version. He isn't popular or anything, just some guy who learned to DECORATE, y'know.

I guess I'll go check out The Joshmon's improved version now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0