• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 might be the first CoD game I buy

40 posts in this topic

According to Kotaku's article, the game has a lot of stuff that interests me, like an ability upgrade tree, far more sci-fi, and an actual story-based zombie mode.

I think this might be the CoD I finally get.  Of course I will wait for reviews to see if it's all fluff and hype, but still, a CoD game has got me interested in buying it.  Anybody know how to check if hell has frozen over, because I can't find any other explanation, except for maybe they're learning their lesson.  Or that it's all a load of bull and it's nothing like they claim it is.

I'm thinking about it, it actually does look like it might be pretty decent.  Then again with fallout 4 releasing only 4 days later I could manage without it.

According to Kotaku's article, the game has a lot of stuff that interests me, like an ability upgrade tree, far more sci-fi, and an actual story-based zombie mode.

I think this might be the CoD I finally get.  Of course I will wait for reviews to see if it's all fluff and hype, but still, a CoD game has got me interested in buying it.  Anybody know how to check if hell has frozen over, because I can't find any other explanation, except for maybe they're learning their lesson.  Or that it's all a load of bull and it's nothing like they claim it is.

Have you played the beta? Cause I have. And it's a more toned down AW. If you are picking it for the campaign however, then I can't give you any piece of advice. From what I heard the Campaign has been better since Ghosts. Not amazing but okay.

Have you played the beta? Cause I have. And it's a more toned down AW. If you are picking it for the campaign however, then I can't give you any piece of advice. From what I heard the Campaign has been better since Ghosts. Not amazing but okay.

I always play games for the campaign.

I've bought the last 3 CoD games (including BOIII) for the singleplayer campaign. Not into the multiplayer mode for CoD (I uses BF for my multiplayer needs), but I've completed the campaign for Adv Warfare, Ghost...and Black Ops 2. Never touched the multiplayer part of any CoD games to my knowledge.

Watched my brother play through Advanced Warfare when he came over, and that one let you pick upgrades after every mission too. Don't know if I'll ever get Black Ops 3, haven't even gotten 2, or played the campaign of the first. Not because I don't want to, but other games just came up.

As of now, I only buy COD for the Campaign, but moreover for the Zombies now since Woods and Mason are probably gone(Main Protagonists in COD if you never played the Black Ops series).

After MW1, I was done with the series as it was transformed into the capitalistic beast it is now with little added to make up for its $60 price tag, $100 if you include the season pass.

Mark my words, this will be not much different from AW.

After MW1, I was done with the series as it was transformed into the capitalistic beast it is now with little added to make up for its $60 price tag, $100 if you include the season pass.

Mark my words, this will be not much different from AW.

Eh, odds are if I get it it will be on sale and sans DLC.

Mr. Molotov likes this

I'm definitely renting it tomorrow. Unlike the last three CoD games (AW, Ghosts and Black Ops 2) I'm doing so primarily for the campaign and Zombies mode, instead of competitive MP.

I saw some of Jason's (ArisingFlame) streem of campaign earlier on and I think the words I used were this makes borderlands look sober, it was madness and it looked fantastic!

I wish they would just do a standalone zombie game.  Had a quick go at my mates earlier and yeah its the same old COD.

Looks like a repeat of the Arkham Knight release.  Might need to wait a while...

Funny enough, this is also the first COD that I will finally get, the last being Black Ops 2 3 years ago. Mainly because I saw the campaign for this game and it's more like that Syndicate fps game + Titanfall than another copy paste COD game, which I love.

And so I bought it. It's 47 GB which will take me till tomorrow to completely download them all. I hate next gen requirements. I am well aware of the graphical issues that has recently been discovered, but I don't give a rat's ass about that. I'll play the game on low if needed.

I bring bad news. Apparently the PC port is very very very badly optimized. Either that or it's badly optimized for some configurations. Several people that could run the game with no problems in beta, faced a huge amount of either suttering, low fps, or graphical issues. 

Seems like an Arkham Knight case.

I bring bad news. Apparently the PC port is very very very badly optimized. Either that or it's badly optimized for some configurations. Several people that could run the game with no problems in beta, faced a huge amount of either suttering, low fps, or graphical issues. 

Seems like an Arkham Knight case.

If I choose to buy it was always going to be on PS4 anyway since I know more players on console, even then it's more for the campaign than the PVP multiplayer.  I'm not making excuses for them but with consoles the hardware is always the same but on PC there is almost infinite variation so it's harder to optimize.  Still sucks though.

Looks like a repeat of the Arkham Knight release.  Might need to wait a while...

Not really. Biggest issue is people trying to play with inferior systems.

It's not poorly optimized... It's poorly optimized for poor systems.

Not really. Biggest issue is people trying to play with inferior systems.

It's not poorly optimized... It's poorly optimized for poor systems.

So Jim Sterling has a poor system?

so a 980ti is a poor gpu?

I only have a GTX 970m, which is still good enough to run Shadow of Mordor on max and Witcher 3, MGSV, and Fallout 4 on high.  There are few if any games I can't run on high or max.  And a 970m is equivalent to about a GTX 960, which is probably the bare minimum what most high profile game reviewers use.

I take it you have a 980ti and are getting bad performance?

I only have a GTX 970m, which is still good enough to run Shadow of Mordor on max and Witcher 3, MGSV, and Fallout 4 on high.  There are few if any games I can't run on high or max.  And a 970m is equivalent to about a GTX 960, which is probably the bare minimum what most high profile game reviewers use.

I take it you have a 980ti and are getting bad performance?

Well I have a 980 Ti and I'm maxing every game at 4K, so on reflection I'd have to say no.  I haven't played Black Ops 3 but I'm still willing to take a punt that if someone with a 980 Ti having difficulty then it's almost certainly an optimization problem with the game rather than the card.

Well I have a 980 Ti and I'm maxing every game at 4K, so on reflection I'd have to say no.  I haven't played Black Ops 3 but I'm still willing to take a punt that if someone with a 980 Ti having difficulty then it's almost certainly an optimization problem with the game rather than the card.

Judging from what I've heard that's the case, but I've also heard it's been hit and miss: some people have had no problems and others have, which could be a problem with certain system configurations.  Maybe the game has problems with certain cards, which is still something that shouldn't be an issue if the game is programmed right.

That's strange then. Cause I'm running on a 980 ti and averaging 160FPS. The only place I had frame drops was on mission 3 of campaign.

That's strange then. Cause I'm running on a 980 ti and averaging 160FPS. The only place I had frame drops was on mission 3 of campaign.

As I said, it's likely certain system configurations.  What CPU do you have?  What RAM?  Odds are you lucked out and have one of the configurations that work.

Your running an i7 right? That could be the reason.  According the response made by Treyarch regarding the issues it seems to mostly be affecting users with an i5.