• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Killzone

Worst games you have played

69 posts in this topic

1 mad max

2 operation racoon city

3 styx master of shadows 

4 duke nukeam forever

5 borderlands 2 for ps vita

6 resistance burning skys

I've never played a truly horrible game thanks to Angry Joe. Although so, I can say that I find games which practice pay-to-win whether subtly or openly and dislike and don't play those games. For example, I remain steadfast in my opinion that Ghost Recon: Phantoms(Free to Play) is based around pay to win(Just because the base game is free doesn't give them the excuse to make it that way) or I am just really bad at Phantoms.  Other than Pay to Win class games-I've never really played anything and hated it... Except Call of Duty:Ghosts..............................I just remembered.

-100th place: Call of Duty: Ghosts

That's just my opinion though-no offense.  

I..............payed........................................................$60...........................for this..........................

Good thing we have people like Gaben Newell and Todd Howard.

Killzone likes this

O h ya i forgot cod ghosts shudder  i felt a disterbance in the force

man hunt 2 a long time a go and I hate it even more that  someone bought it for my birthday 

Rust last year full of mental sick people who have nothing to do but waste their time killing other players and hack in it 

life is strange ending sucked and I played it  this year amazing game play and story but I find the ending suck as hell reminds me to mass effect 3  first ending hate that so much 

contagain on steam worst horror game I have ever played in last year it make me feel like rather than fighting scary zombie I am fighting with a human wearing undead outfit and more like I feel scared I am laughing that is how much it was rubish and pvp even way worst 

take down red sabre last year amazing game play idea but when they try to make it they  messed it up for good don't buy this game at all .

war of Roses I hated it so much  mount blade war band way better than that piece of crap  can't remember when I played it

Ark survival game on pc steam  I tried it this year and servers lag as hell so bad that it not a worth a cash I gave to beta servers  and  it was in a damn pounddddddddddddddd  however it is still beta so it might change later on but beta for me was worst experience ever I did enjoy crafting, building my own house and becoming friends with other players or animals and hunt and kill anything I felt  in love with it a bit but  because of lag I could not play a way I wanted to so it might get better when game totally published in pc and all platfroms rather than suck ass beta I never going to trust any online beta games ever again .

I have a section on steam that says "Do not install"

1. Dear Esther

2. Airline Tycoon

3. Guardians of Middle Earth

4. Risen 2

I also dont like Dracula on SNES, Space Channel 5 on Dreamcast, Castlevania 2 on NES, or Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronteer on PSP.

Gettysburg:Armored warfare

Lost planet:lost conditions

Serious sam 2 

Bet On Soldier

The scourge Project episode 1 and 2 

manhunter 

It was a painful playthrough

*cough*selfpromotionofmyvideo*cough*

and masses upon masses of Free2play games that i have thankfully forgotten about 

Wait manhunter why is that familiar oh yes

Alexander452 likes this

The worst games I have ever played, yeah I've had a few stinkers and disappointments over the years but not that many in recent years thanks to online reviews.

But here is my list of the worst games that I have ACTUALLY played, at least that I recall.

#8 Rise of The Triad (PC)

UxFolRD.jpg

Note:  I'm not sure if it was "Dark War", it's been a while!

I have to admit this has some nostalgic value for me and I did get some legitimate fun out of this as kid but the more I think about, it was a crappy Doom clone and I was just ignoring all of it's issues.  Chief among witch was the imbalanced difficulty, you could be fighting the easy regular grunts one second then suddenly it throws much harder enemy's in your way haphazardly some of which seemed to require specific weapons if you wanted to stand a chance.  To tell the truth I ended using the cheat code so much I still remember it to this day and it's not an easy one to remember "dipstcik chojin"!

I did and still do like it's art style and violence but I can see now it was gameplay where it fell short even for back then.

#7 Burnout Paradise (PS3):

op6VxEW.jpg

Once upon a time I was a Burnout mega fan!  Until the greedy fuckers at EA decided to fart out this piece of shit and fucked it all up!  I was expecting an arcade racer for the (at the time) next generation but what I got was just a disgusting method for EA to make more money by forcing people to have to buy their own console and copy of the game in order to play together, NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER IN AN ARCADE RACER!!  Even the fun crash party mode which didn't even need a second controller to play in the previous games was scraped in favor of this dumb ass online open world focus which only served to slow things down by forcing you to drive to each event when it could have just used a normal menu.

What pissed me of the most that this ridiculous format actually stuck pretty much destroying the whole damn genre forever, way to fucking go EA!

#6 Mission impossible (N64)

mzdLuVx.jpg

This is the first time I can remember calling bullshit on a review.  At the time movie licensed games seemed to be making a bit of a come back with Rareware's amazing Goldeneye on the same console still fresh in our minds.  I read some positive reviews in a couple of magazines one of witch was a 10/10 and I thought to myself that they must have pulled another great game out of a mediocre movie.

How wrong I was, just another example of movie licensed cash in.  With muddy almost grey-style graphics, hopelessly inadequate shooting and stealth mechanics and even the honest attempts to emulate key scenes from the confusing movie on which it was based just felt ridiculous in gameplay.  Who was going down on who for a perfect score of 10/10 I will never know.

#5 Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)

oJEiZN6.jpg

Burnout Paradise was not the first racer on the new PlayStation 3 to piss me off, but this one did it not because it was disappointing but because it was just flat out terrible.  I had great visuals and even some cool customization but failed completely in every other aspect.  Awful trance music, annoying sound effects (especially the announcer), horrible inorganic etch-a-sketch tack design and driving physics that varied from lead shoes to lunar ice skating.  When the vertical retro 2D shooter that appears before the opening credits is better than the actual game there is something seriously wrong!

What really makes me giggle is that 4 years after it's initial release PSN released a patch that lets you play this game in 3D.......  WHY!!

#4 Demons Souls (PS3)

hXSQkwP.jpg

I'm sure we have all played a game at some point that we weren't really enjoying and didn't bother to finish, well this is one where I couldn't even make it through the first stage before I deleted it in a fit of rage.  This is a game that has had huge critical acclaim form journalists and gamers alike and I can't understand why!  The graphics are sub-standard, the music and sound design are almost non-existent, the enemy's are generic, the controls are slow and clunky, the gameplay is repetitive and the so called "challenge" is just fucking cheap pitfalls and grinding.

I got this game for free with PS+ and I still felt ripped off!

#3 Genji: Days of the Blade

yOwJuGl.jpg

Allot of you may not have heard about Genji: Dawn of The Samurai on PlayStation 2 but there are two things that are important about it right now.  The good news is it's a kick-ass game that I enjoyed the hell out of, the bad news is that's it's the reason I bought this piece of crap!

It was a launch title on PS3 and it sure looked the part, when I first looked eyes upon it my jaw dropped! It was a stunning looking game but I soon picked my jaw up of the floor...  and put my face into my palm as things started to fall apart immediately.  There is numerous issues with the controls, the story was half arsed and levels felt rushed but the biggest problem by a mile was the camera.  It was in a fixed position that wouldn't track you even if you had to turn around and go the other way and objects including enemy's would disappear they came between you and it.  Proof that looks aren't everything.

#2 Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)

SBFmTpj.jpg

To anyone who thought Capcom jumped the shark with DMC, you have no idea!

GOD DAMN I HATE THIS ONE!  Even the "7/10 IGN" quote I saw out the corner of my eye while looking up the box art for this post makes me bitter as hell!  The first game IMO is one of the very best and most revolutionary in the PlayStation 2's library.  With that game being as accomplished as it was, especially when you consider it was born in the shadows of Resident Evil and managed way surpass it was nothing short of amazing.

In response Capcom decided in their infinite wisdom "I know! Lets fart out another one while the Iron is still hot!  We don't care just push it out the door!".  The fruit of that labour was a game that for the first time made me fell truly burned.  Every single aspect of the game is downgraded and I mean ALL of them. It's graphics are muddy and it's visual design is nowhere hear as creative.  The sound and music is much less engaging and distinctive.  The characters including Dante were crap with others like Trish and Virgil nowhere to be seen. The story has so little to do with original that I can't even fucking tell if it's a prequel or a sequel.  It may have had two campaigns and playable characters but for most of the time it was in the same level doing the exact same things.  The enemy's were lazy as hell with AI that was even worse and the controls were so cumbersome that I pretty much ignored most of the additional fighting mechanics and just button mashed my way through the game.

If your thinking TL;DR your wrong, I've only just scratched the surface of this piece of ass!  If you couldn't be bothered to read the text above then read this.  

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME, WHETHER IT BE ON PS2 OR THE HD REMASTER!

#1 Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica

RESurvivor2CV.jpg

The final item in my own personal hall of shame and.....  there's no point in even explaining this gameplay just watch...

I have developed my own theory about this one.  At the time allot of fans were wondering why we didn't see many action orientated Resident Evil games on PC and home consoles...  so Capcom released this ridiculous port of an arcade shooter just to shut them up!!

I genuinely believe that this came about as a method of Capcom trolling their fans, I mean... just... look at it!  There is no way this was a legitimate effort.  Every single asset is recycled from Code Veronica X, the controls are horrible and the gameplay is fucking joke!  This was the first game I ever returned and I came to that decision just a few minutes after I started playing.

It is a catastrophe in every way!  Avoid at all costs! Destroy all copies on sight!

Wow that went on longer than I thought!  Thank you so much for reading!

, Shagger and SuperiorKunivas like this

In no particular order and with summarized opinion:

Derpstiny - destiny (fuck you bungie, everything but the art and music was lame as fuck)

CoD Ghosts (Shitty campaign, broken multiplayer)

Fable 3 (great ideas that were terribly executed along with terrible ideas implemented flawlessly)

I havent actually played very bad games. Joe is doing his work propery I guess.

Lords of the Fallen maybe?

Battletoads.

People pretend to like it because of its notorious difficulty but the game is shit.

It gets advertised as a beatemup but it really isnt after stage 2. Its like an obstacle course game pretty much.

Oh and its impossible with 2 players... And i dont be hard cuz you may kill each other by mistake. I mean impossible because the damn camera fant function with 2 players at a certain point and you get stuck. Gg.

BAD GAMES -

Only two in this category because I'm usually very picky about what I buy:

1. Damnation - a steampunk western, how could it go so horribly, horribly WRONG???? Only game I've ever returned!

2. Duke Nukem Forever - ok, I'll admit it, the only reason I bought it was because it was actually released after years in development hell. I don't fault Gearbox for the POS it is, they only had so much to work with and never promised it would actually be a good game. I haven't returned it because it's kind of become like one of those absolutely terrible D-list movies that you watch whenever you're in the mood for something really bad.

DISAPPOINTMENTS -

Hmmm, not sure how many I'll end up with, but here it goes:

1. Destiny - this should not have surprised me. After all the only game Bungie knows how to make is Halo, I should have expected just another Halo clone. But the lack of storyline, and having all the "unlocked" info cards only available on the website and not actually an in game database ala Mass Effect? Yeah, that was a deal breaker.

2. Titanfall - almost the same deal as Destiny, except with GIANT ROBOTS! And it looks so cool from all the gameplay videos. Too bad it didn't have enough real substance to actually hold its own.

3. Dear Ester - while this one was actually very strong on narrative and nice scenery, it was the lack of pretty much everything else that made me regret buying it. And that was after hearing about it on Extra Credits and thinking it sounded pretty interesting.

Tomb Raider (2013) - I need to purposely cut myself short on this one. I have been a fan of the Tomb Raider franchise since the very first game. Lara in my mind had always been a very strong character with a no nonsense attitude. To play a game where she is reduced to a whiny college chick who is only reactive to her situation instead of being proactive was just lame. I have almost no interest in Rise of the Tomb Raider, but will likely pick it up on a Steam sale if it's under $10.

World of Warcraft - This is one of those love it/hate it kind of things. I started when the game first came out, and since Everquest had been my only experience with MMOs at the time I was overjoyed at the prospect of playing an RPG where it actually felt like I could accomplish something after investing just an hour or two daily. It was fun to explore new areas and feel like you were a part of a larger world. And then it got bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. And there were more and more tweaks to "balance" the game. Now WoW is nothing more than a rush quest to reach the highest level as soon as possible so you can sit in Stormwind or Orgrimar and wait for the next raid group. It's lost it's soul.

Godzilla Unleashed on the DS. It was so bad, I couldn't stand owning it for longer than a few days, and throwing it away or giving it away wasn't good enough, so I smashed the game to bits with a hammer.

ProdiGY_DE and Mr. Molotov like this

After playing it for a full year and actually loving the "MMO Light" feel of it, AND enjoying the gunplay aspect there is only one game that has really pissed me off:
Defiance_cover.png
It has become a microtransaction/small paywall based mess.
Trion has made little effort to work out many of the older bugs. Instead they started throwing "new content and event bones" to the playerbase.
Funny part of THOSE is that they include microtransactions tied to the events and content.
I did somewhat luck out when I started in that when it went F2P, Trion did do SOME repair work on their shoddy servers; but from what I've seen the console players are still being screwed over by buggy gameplay due to poor support for their systems.
They also placed a cap on how much of the game's primary currency (Arkforge) one can earn by playing. - So if you are an avid player: The one currency that is most needed for modding/upgrading your weapons is CAPPED at 500 per week.
And with the cancellation of the TV show (Up yours SYFY. You bunch of narrow-headed arseholes): it became very easy to finally cut the cord.
Ultimately: Defiance was my first (and hopefully last) introduction into the HELL that is microtransaction-based gameplay.

oh yeah, another really bad game was an RTS. I forget the name...Dominion 3, storm over gift. made by ion storm. Fortunately I got it for like 2 bucks from a consignment storm so I didn't feel too ripped off. but dayum was that game trash. I still have it laying around somewhere I'm sure.

Hmm...

I would most definitely have to say Devil May Cry 2...it is absolutely abominable and i makes DmC: Devil May Cry look like a fucking masterpiece! Sluggish, slow combat, uninteresting story, Dante is just...wow, character assassination at its finest, the Demons are okay I guess but I wish I could pronounce their names!

Also, Guns are faaaaaaar too powerful and are a quick and easy alternative to using your swords, which are both the same. Rebellion and whatever-the-hell-fake-buster-sword have the exact same moves, not even a visual effect/Devil Trigger difference like Force Edge/Alastor. And it's so dark and muddy looking...ugh. Fuck this game.

Other than that, I haven't played all that many bad games. :P

Shagger and Crazycrab like this

I've played plenty disappointments (Homefront, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Army of Two, Urban Chaos: Riot Response). However, I haven't played many games that I would consider completely shitty. Even games like Army Men have turned into laugh riots for me because of how bad they are. I guess the big one would have to be...

land-of-the-dead-road-to-fiddlers-green-

This boring shitfest was like the Ride to Hell of its time. Boring ass gameplay. Boring ass sound design. Boring ass everything. And not enough glitches to make it funny.

First one that comes to mind is Backyard Wrestling on the PS2.

Secondly, Slender. Still can't believe I touched that game even out of morbid curiosity.

Thirdly - and I'm very sorry about this one - Half-Life. Don't get me wrong, though, it absolutely shines in its presentation, but the gameplay is filled with so many little annoyances that they made it frustrating for me in the long run. Those annoyances include ridiculously powerful human enemies (I think there was even one that could kill you with A SINGLE FUCKING SHOT), barely functional pseudo-platforming mechanics and the section where you have to skillfully parkour your way through a metric ton of enemies and traps because the game suddenly decided to take away your guns. And from what I've heard/seen of Xen, I'm oddly happy I quit a long way before getting anywhere near it.

Thank you Crazycrab for reminding me that Burnout paradise was a huge disappointment for me even though it was pc. They fucked it up by making you see the same scenery over and over and over....and paid for the game.

I have a few games that are known for being bad but I haven't played them so I'll talk about games I have played.

Sakura Swimclub: IT'S SHIIIT like is there even a story in this or is it just smuggling titties on Steam? FOR 10€!? I didn't pay for it tho.

Chaos Domain: This game tries to be like Contra, but....just.....noooooo

NNPD Milk of Ultra Violet?: What the fuuuuuck?

Fallout Shelter: I know it's a mobile game but I will include it anyway. It's poop. It isn't anything ppl online said. It's just a facebook game on mobile.

Unturned: I don't really like this game because I can't figure out how to turn on multiplayer or if can even turn it on and the singleplayer experience is as boring as it gets.

Any clicker game: Cancer.

The Binding of Isaac: It's not a bad game obviously but I was just disappointed with it's optimization as it was surprisingly laggy and I wish I had bought Rebirth instead.

I think that's all but I'm probably forgetting some but that might be a good thing.

Crazycrab likes this

First one that comes to mind is Backyard Wrestling on the PS2.

Secondly, Slender. Still can't believe I touched that game even out of morbid curiosity.

Thirdly - and I'm very sorry about this one - Half-Life. Don't get me wrong, though, it absolutely shines in its presentation, but the gameplay is filled with so many little annoyances that they made it frustrating for me in the long run. Those annoyances include ridiculously powerful human enemies (I think there was even one that could kill you with A SINGLE FUCKING SHOT), barely functional pseudo-platforming mechanics and the section where you have to skillfully parkour your way through a metric ton of enemies and traps because the game suddenly decided to take away your guns. And from what I've heard/seen of Xen, I'm oddly happy I quit a long way before getting anywhere near it.

Did you just say Half-Life?

Flay him!

Alright, BRING IN THE DREADNOUGHTS:

500px-BA_Librarian_Dreadnought.jpg

OH BOI

3V3LncU.jpg

I tend to try and avoid bad games wherever possible but I have played a few. Most notably Devil may cry 2 as I bought the DMC hd collection and played through it all this year, I think it made it worse that I went straight from the first game into the second one, the only good thing I can say about it is at least the water controls didn't make me want to throw up like it did in the first game.

Wait. How tf is Mad Max on your list? It's nothing groundbreaking but nothing terrible either.

Until Dawn

Ride To Hell

Until Dawn

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Until Dawn

J-Stars: Victory VS+

Until Dawn

and Mr. Molotov like this