• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

Overwatch Coming to PS4! (and Xbox One...)

19 posts in this topic

Overwatch the hero first-person shooter being developed by Blizzard, has been announced for console release alongside the PC release!

This news came early yesterday has Gamerinformer had reported that GameStop stores were being informed to tell customers that Overwatch is for pre-order and it is for consoles.

Blizzard today basically confirmed that news!

What do you say? You excited to hear Overwatch is making it's way to consoles?

Killzone likes this

cool, i guess i'll have to play it first though because this could be horrible on Console's

I am a little too excited to hear about this, I think I peed a little!

cool, i guess i'll have to play it first though because this could be horrible on Console's

What makes you say that?  It could just as easily be a broken port on PC.

Before this Consoles v PC starts I want to note something.

I do not care if it is better on Consoles or PC, I don't care who gets a broken port. I am just excited for the game in general. I was gonna play this game no matter what platform it was on.

I simply want to celebrate the fact the Overwatch can be played even more people. No matter the platform.

So before you begin to argue remember that.

If you don't? Well I'll remember you.

Me personally, I can't get excited for this. It just looks like another FTP Arena shooter, the only difference is they want to charge full price for it. And obviously the coolest character had to be locked behind a pre-order bonus... jerks.

The news that's it's coming to console is good despite my lack of excitement.

And obviously the coolest character had to be locked behind a pre-order bonus... jerks.

Umm no.

The only thing that is a pre-order bonus is a skin for the hero Widowmaker.

The three new characters they announce come with the game pre-order or not.

WeLiVeR likes this

Apologies, misunderstood that bit. Still not exactly lighting mu fire though.

I do like the Character models remindes me of TF2 like the little bit of cartoonish look

Before this Consoles v PC starts I want to note something.

I do not care if it is better on Consoles or PC, I don't care who gets a broken port. I am just excited for the game in general. I was gonna play this game no matter what platform it was on.

I simply want to celebrate the fact the Overwatch can be played even more people. No matter the platform.

So before you begin to argue remember that.

If you don't? Well I'll remember you.

I am excited too. I wonder if this will bring the Angry Army together. Joe, Del and the others should form AJSA Clans for both PC and Console versions of Overwatch.

I am excited too. I wonder if this will bring the Angry Army together. Joe, Del and the others should form AJSA Clans for both PC and Console versions of Overwatch.

We don't know the full support this game can have.

However as the Commander of the PlayStation 4 within this Community. I promise there will be Game Nights for Overwatch...

I will event the fuck out of that game.

Guess this means that TB's prediction that the game will be F2P with cosmetic microtransactions was wrong.

I might get this but I'll most likely wait for reviews first, I can't exactly say I'm desperate for it at this stage.  If I do I will be more likely to get it on PS4 rather than PC since I'd prefer to play with the PS4 community.

Woohoo great news!!

I dont have a very good PC at the moment (still building it) so now i can live my dream of playing Hanzo on the ps4!!!!!

Man I think I am in the minority on this. While each character feels different, play different. I can't help but shake the feeling that the game will be too shallow on content for the price tag. 

I have been searching for more information outside of 21 heroes, iconic environments, and...that's it. 

The game has so far looked fun with swapping to different heroes depending on the situation. Just staying power has been me at rental status. TGFR!

I have preordered the collectors edition for this on PS4. I have seen Dodger, TB, Jesse Cox, WowCrendor, etc playing this and they all make it sound like so much fun.

I try to restrict my preordering to either games I am definitely going to buy or collectors editions which have limited numbers like this. It's a long time before it comes out and I can always cancel my preorder.

A lot of the time one FPS feels just like the next so I've pretty much only played BF4 for years now. This will likely be my first venture away from it in a long time.

I have preordered the collectors edition for this on PS4. I have seen Dodger, TB, Jesse Cox, WowCrendor, etc playing this and they all make it sound like so much fun.

I try to restrict my preordering to either games I am definitely going to buy or collectors editions which have limited numbers like this. It's a long time before it comes out and I can always cancel my preorder.

A lot of the time one FPS feels just like the next so I've pretty much only played BF4 for years now. This will likely be my first venture away from it in a long time.

Arena shooters play and feel so much different to a normal FPS imo.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I, for one, am excited for this game. And part of it is due to the price tag. I used to play TF2 back then, and didn't like how the game changed after it turned f2p (partly because I did pay to play it), so my hope is, that Overwatch won't go that way.

As for the art style - not at all like TF2. Both are not hyperrealistic, yes, but that's where the similarities regarding art direction ends (at least imho).