• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StraightUpMelon

Xbox One Backwards Compatability

26 posts in this topic

I've already tried Mass Effect on BC via the preview program and I saw no problems. The list of games is a mixed bag, some really good ones, some stinkers as well.

ScampyGordon likes this

I only have 2 of those games on a disk and I have nearly all of the others downloaded from the games with gold thingy Xbox = best logic ever

Includes every AC game but only Mass Effect 1. Gee thanks Microsoft

Pubcrawla and like this

Saw the list and was pretty satisfied. They got Halo Reach and Halo Wars so those two are a must buy for me as I loved them. And I wish Mass Effect 2/3 were on the list as well as i'd like to complete them. I honestly hope this will boost and maybe even revive dead games like EndWar again.

Surprised to see Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising on there. I'll be definitely trying that one out and it is pretty cheap at my local (non-Gamestop) game store.

A long time ago I really used to like and played a lot of the 1st COD: Black Ops. May jump back on whenever it officially lands in the backwards compatibility program.

I am really looking forward to playing Blops1 again. I hope the multiplayer servers will be full since so many old players will be coming back. Stinks that we have to wait til December though to play it.

ScampyGordon likes this

Kind of disappointed. Fallout New Vegas isn't on the initial release.  I had a great time with Fallout 3 but I never tried my hand at New Vegas.  Also, who the hell bought Pinball FX as a disk copy.  Was it even available?  I feel the original release list is too vanilla and doesn't cater to core gamers.  shame, Microsoft too busy branding to put out a decent product.  #disappointed

It doesn't have to a be a disc copy. If you go into your games and apps section, after the installed games you'll see any downloaded games that can be installed too. For example, mine shows N+, lumines, plants vs zombies.. All Xbox 360 Arcade games that are on the list that you owned should be there.

ScampyGordon likes this

Question on the Backwards Compatibility. Can we use game dvr mechanics like take pictures and record gameplay of the 360 games.

Question on the Backwards Compatibility. Can we use game dvr mechanics like take pictures and record gameplay of the 360 games.

Yes, you can.

12274318_10153763933422863_6651329799877

likes this

Also a change in the way they will release the titles. BC games will be avialable as they are approved. Nullifying the monthly release.

Nice, thanks for the update Melon. I wouldn't mind trying out Witcher 2 on the Xbox One; I had it for the 360 but I don't really play on it much anymore and it'd be a convenience for me anyway to simply play it on the One.

In case it wasn't posted before, The Witcher 2 is free to download until Feb 5th I believe. The Witcher titles got better as they went on IMO, 1 being the worst and 3 being the best, but 2 is definitely worth a play through if you enjoyed 3. The combat is a little more wonky than 3, but still serviceable, while the story is what holds the game up. 

Bought Witcher 2 (X360) couple of months back on my visit to Poland. Finally today, woohoo, its backward compatible. Currently installing. Got the game on mac as well, but haven't got into playing it yet. So will be cool to have a fresh start on XONE. 

Got my eyes on the Monkey Island 2 SE as well, as I've noticed it in the store. Although would be cool to find a physical copy which has both 1&2SE.

RuneX likes this

I saw Red Dead Redemption got leaked - hopefully Microsoft officially announces it. I've never had the chance to play that title. 

RuneX likes this

I hope they bring over Street Fighter 4. Seeing as how SFV is releasing today and we xbone people got shafted well, can we at least have SF4 on xbone? MS, youre fighting game Killer Instinct sucks.

RuneX likes this

I actually prefer KI over MK and SF because of it's combo system. Just feels more fluid and organic rather than memorizing pages of static combos and moves.

Xbox One also has MKX and BlazBlue available for it if you need a fighting game fix.

Psykogrl likes this

I actually prefer SF over MK and KI because of it's combo system. Just feels more technical and with more depth rather than just being accessible.

MK was always meh to me but, theres a BlazBlue game for xbone? Theyre very similar to the P4A games right? Might give that a chance, I do want a fighter for the xbone, that is missing from my life.

I actually prefer SF over MK and KI because of it's combo system. Just feels more technical and with more depth rather than just being accessible.

MK was always meh to me but, theres a BlazBlue game for xbone? Theyre very similar to the P4A games right? Might give that a chance, I do want a fighter for the xbone, that is missing from my life.

It was either BlazBlue or Guilty Gear but I'm about 80% sure it was BlazBlue

It was either BlazBlue or Guilty Gear but I'm about 80% sure it was BlazBlue

Its Blazblue chronophantasma.  Great game!  Dont think you can get guilty gear xrd as im sure its a psn exclusive.

Just sitting here waiting for the other 2 Mass Effect games to be backwards compatible...

ScampyGordon likes this