• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Copper Hay

Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta Announced

46 posts in this topic

An open beta for team-based tactical shooter Rainbow Six Siege will be held across PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 November 25-29, Ubisoft announced today. Pre-loading starts Monday, November 23.

Siege's open beta lets you try 13 different operators on three maps, each of which has day and night versions. In addition, there are three modes to try: Bomb, Secure Area, and Disarm Bomb.

The open beta follows a closed beta that was held in October across all platforms.

Killzone likes this

Ew

likes this

ya i cant wait

do i have to dl udon'tplay?

likes this

Chances are high that you do.

just seen the season pass for this. Kind of pathetic really. 1 week early access for a couple of guys and some skins??? 

They're not even making an effort any more your cash buys you access to a map and some men 1 week early in January as well. I'm sure I could just wait 7 days.

I'll try and get into the beta when it's out but then I won't be buying on day one if I do buy it. Kind of want to though it looks fun. 

Another demo masquerading as a beta test!

anigif_enhanced-14811-1404226156-13.gif

Another demo masquerading as a beta test!

anigif_enhanced-14811-1404226156-13.gif

We already had that with the Closed Dem-Beta. And the Not-Battlefront Demo. So far, I've only played two betas/alphas this year that weren't demos and that was CoD:BO3, and For Honor.

Wait how is call of duty black ops 3 not a demo

Oh but of course you have. 

Wait, are you people using "demo" as a pejorative? Are you insane? Unless they've botched the meaning of "open beta" and it no longer means "free to everyone and anyone who wants," this is fan-fucking-tastic.

Now if you want to take umbridge with closed betas that allow admittance through preordering, I'm right with you. But complaining about an opportunity to try a game for free before release because you don't like their wording is petty af.

savagejoe444 and Killzone like this

Ya  i enjoyed this game first time ever with Rainbow six i tryed when it was on gold and found it terrible same generic terrorist plot, terrible controls. Now its focusing on the thing that made this series so successful the multiplayer.  And to be honest the game being streamlined to make the mechanics simpler and the gameplay more deep is way better.

Aand for gods sake they got idris elba to do the launch trailer

A real tactical game away from run and gun BS. first multiplayer in a while where i felt like i was achiving something and after evolves fail with tactical team based gameplay this one has brought in a much needed complexity and tactics into a genre that i felt needed it. I did not even need to pre order to get in. And this year the shooter genre has been preety meh when it comes to multiplayer. Sure i hate pre order but this is a present that santa will definitely get me

And this beta is  FREE or demo who really  cares when in my opinion the game is really fun

Wait, are you people using "demo" as a pejorative? Are you insane? Unless they've botched the meaning of "open beta" and it no longer means "free to everyone and anyone who wants," this is fan-fucking-tastic.

Now if you want to take umbridge with closed betas that allow admittance through preordering, I'm right with you. But complaining about an opportunity to try a game for free before release because you don't like their wording is petty af.

You're right, and I know complaining about this makes me look like a bitter, cynical dinosaur, it just annoys me the game companies are calling these demo's (that's all they are) beta tests as if that makes the more than that. If they just called them demo's like they did back in the day, I would have no problem with them.

The worst thing about this is that this is killing off the actual beta test where a game is fully exposed to real world stress to find bugs. Nope, let's put an unrealistically well polished, small portion of a game for promotional purposes and and call it a "beta". Sure, there's effort put in to work out bugs and make improvements, but it's no more than what would go into a post launch anyway. If these really were beta's, wouldn't it make more to put out a much larger portion of the game with access to higher levels and stuff to really find the limits instead of a couple of maps and a level cap?

Wait how is call of duty black ops 3 not a demo

Because there was constant feedback and re-balancing. If there was an issue, you could be damn sure that it was fixed within 12 hours.

Demo and Beta are two VERY different things, and I'm tired of demos that masquerade as betas. 

How about we see if the game is any good before we start advertising deals.

You say that like I'm profiting off of it.

Because there was constant feedback and re-balancing. If there was an issue, you could be damn sure that it was fixed within 12 hours.

Demo and Beta are two VERY different things, and I'm tired of demos that masquerade as betas. 

Why does it matter what they call it?

Most demo's you get are for single player games so dont need any testing while they are live.

Beta's ofcourse need to be monitored as they are live to see how the networks cope etc etc.  Imo if its got multiplayer aspects in it (Such as call of duty and battlefront) then they are indeed more beta's then demo's no matter how polished they may seem to be.

Beta demo they are all the same its how companies use them 

You say that like I'm profiting off of it.

Well you did just slam an advertisment in the middle of a discussion topic.

Can't blame me for rasing and eyebrow or two.

Beta demo they are all the same its how companies use them 

Wrong. Demo is ONLY to show off a portion of the game and generate sales.

Beta is to find bugs and flaws and balance issues. And kinda show off at the same time, but the first and foremost thing betas are for is error finding and such. 

and Shagger like this

Wrong. Demo is ONLY to show off a portion of the game and generate sales.

Beta is to find bugs and flaws and balance issues. And kinda show off at the same time, but the first and foremost thing betas are for is error finding and such. 

Exactly

Hopefully the matchmaking is better than it was in the closed beta.

That was abysmal.

Played last beta, will pass on this one. Watch this game suck.

Fine yes demos are that but betas and alphas, there is no definition for what a beta is but look in my opinion a alpha is more of a stress test thing bugs and such  and a beta is more for multiplayer too see how everything works when i said they were all the same what i meant was they are all apart of a Video game development. A beta and alpha are thrown around so much that even the definition is not the same companies use them for there own perpse use what they believe the meaning is to better the games development