• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SAROMON

Total War: Warhammer petition got banned!

9 posts in this topic

And thus, a man following the laws of free speech and press has been shot down by a company for callings of "slander" towards their game. Petitions are probably the best part about free speech in a respectful manor: they bring about the word of the people in mass respectfully to show a backing in support of something. When a company can (and I'm pretty sure they can't without doing some really dirty tricks) take away the right of petition and/or press I do believe there's an issue. I have a feeling he could take some legal action on this.

Well, when you have a petition named "Make Total War™: WARHAMMER® Complete On Release", that's REALLY just asking for trouble.

That's like having a petition that says "give me your lunch money or I will beat you up, nerd" to a kid in full view in front of everyone.

Besides, petitions are the absolute most useless way of making a point to big companies. They won't care what you say and just ignore them.

If you want SEGA to not do their crap, the best thing to just not buy the game, or like that stupid ass Deus Ex Mankind Divided pre-order crap, disagree with this shit until the dislike on youtube seriously outweights the like, and state that you won't buy it because SEGA decides to do stupid dlcs. When they realise that they lose money, they will give in to people's demands. Because that's all they care about. Sadly.

Now on the bright side, almost EVERYONE who saw the chaos dlc video gives in ginormous thumbs downs, so that's a good start already. When the game is released and they still do their dumbass dlc, then it's boycotting time.

Well, if they did not care about the petition, why Banning it then? Strange, isn't it. They got really negative sh♥♥s from the community, which is good, of course. I hope this have great impact before/on/after release.
Plus one more think, I really think game will be loaded with a lot of bugs and it will be hardly playable. 

Well, if they did not care about the petition, why Banning it then? Strange, isn't it.

Several reasons for that:

1) They are sick of hearing that thing over and over again and know it already, so they decided to get rid of it

2) From the title alone, they think this is just a trollish petition from an asshole and they decided to get rid of it

3) They are childish, and decided to just get rid of it

Or 

4) It wasn't Creative Assembly who banned it, but Change.org itself, because the title was as if it's from an asshole

My guess is either 2 or 4. Keep in mind that we don't know who decided to ban the petition. It may be Change.org itself because they saw the title and think it's a terrible joke from an asshole. If the petition is named "Please don't release the Chaos faction as DLC, but as an in game faction on release", maybe it won't be banned.

Actually I re-enter the site and notice that the petition is not banned, but the person who started it, but ban the person who got the guts to do it is attacking of everyone, who want their full content game on release.

And I would like to quote a person from the Total War forum/s:

TempestWolf : "Well... you see... the issue with this explanation is... you said that with the allocated resources you could do 4 races for the game... fair.... and to do a fifth race would take more resources and you would operate at a loss, as such you allocate it to a separate team that starts on it parallel to the main game's development and also at a separate cost, again, fair. 

But, here comes the caveat. If that were the case, then the main game would have focused on those 4 races, but the fifth race IS in the main game... so you've worked on it with the main resources, so as to not be at a loss when say, the improbable case of no one buying the dlc would happen. So where is that paralel work? As I see it it's quite perpendicular."

Link: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/164869-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Dev-Blog-%E2%80%93-Chaos-Warriors-Pre-orders-and-DLC

And thus, a man following the laws of free speech and press has been shot down by a company for callings of "slander" towards their game. Petitions are probably the best part about free speech in a respectful manor: they bring about the word of the people in mass respectfully to show a backing in support of something. When a company can (and I'm pretty sure they can't without doing some really dirty tricks) take away the right of petition and/or press I do believe there's an issue. I have a feeling he could take some legal action on this.

dude just make another one and another one its not a big deal

It wasn't Creative Assembly who banned it, but Change.org itself, because the title was as if it's from an asshole

I think about 99.9% of video game related petition are from assholes, and I've seen much worse, so it's probably not that one. With so few signatures, most likely from people who will buy the game either way, I doubt that the developer actually cares, and even if they did they shouldn't have any influence on the site.

"Well... you see... the issue with this explanation is... you said that with the allocated resources you could do 4 races for the game... fair.... and to do a fifth race would take more resources and you would operate at a loss, as such you allocate it to a separate team that starts on it parallel to the main game's development and also at a separate cost, again, fair. 

But, here comes the caveat. If that were the case, then the main game would have focused on those 4 races, but the fifth race IS in the main game... so you've worked on it with the main resources, so as to not be at a loss when say, the improbable case of no one buying the dlc would happen. So where is that paralel work? As I see it it's quite perpendicular."

Whether or not someone is happy about or even believes their answers, the main post answered those questions.

but ban the person who got the guts to do it

It takes no guts to start a change.org petition. So, he was banned from spreading his small petition around their forums after they have already had people talking about this for some time, and after they gave an answer as to the decision that lead to them making it DLC almost a month ago. Seeing as he is also linking to a petition where he says the game isn't complete, calls them dishonest, and has a large number of commentors saying that they will just pirate the game, banning him seems perfectly reasonable.

and Banned for being the guy who speaks out

Yes, because no one has raised any concerns about the issue but him, clearly this is just someone with an ego that wants to feel special. ...Like pretty much everyone who makes change petitions over video games.

dude just make another one and another one its not a big deal

The petition was not banned, and if it had been banned, spamming their site with more pointless petitions that they don't want to allow would never be appropriate and is the kind of mentality that leads to most change petitions just being embarrassing.