• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alexander452

Microtransactions strikes again, this time in Killing Floor 2

13 posts in this topic

If you thought that Overkill was the only developer that could be greedy enough, think again.

Now Tripwire is jumping on the wagon of idiotic ideas.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/25/killing-floor-2-microtransactions/

http://killingfloor2.com/Zedconomy/

The game is not even finished and they are already planning to do this shit.

but what are your thoughts on this 

personally i think this is bullshit, and im still sore after the whole Payday 2 incident. 

Im guessing more and more games will be adding this maddening feature

So long as its customizations only (Like Overkill is) then I don't see any harm in Microtransactions.

Its a way for people who like the game to support it while not punishing the people that do not decide to support it.

So long as its customizations only (Like Overkill is) then I don't see any harm in Microtransactions.

Its a way for people who like the game to support it while not punishing the people that do not decide to support it.

Overkills skins have stats in them

and from the "rock, paper, shotgun" article: “In the future we may be adding weapons with new gameplay for sale, but this will appear in the ‘Shared Content’ area on the server,”

It was expected since it was in the first one, unlocking the weapons for everyone to use if anyone owns them is a nice change though. Anyone upset at this is a little late to the party. The better question is why does a game in early access keep spending time designing and adding weapons and characters that only unlock if you own other unrelated games.

Though I did pay under $20 for it, and they support community made content, and the game is only co-op so I don't really care that much about what they charge for.

The better question is why does a game in early access keep spending time designing and adding weapons and characters that only unlock if you own other unrelated games.

most likely to earn more money 

Like him or hate him, I think TotalBiscuit raises some good points on the matter.

I feel people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. When you buy into Early Access, the game is not completed therefore you do not know what the final release will look like. 

Here we have a developer who may need more money so they do not have to go to an investor or publisher. The last game had microtransactions, this one makes sense to have it as well. On top of that, this does not impact the game in a way where it becomes P2W.

Side note, the developers are also trying to support the community with this new option. Most of the skins will be done by the community which means you are paying to continual grow the community. 

People who were outraged at PayDay 2 have a good reason but this is not PayDay 2 and to attack it as such would be naive.

I feel people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. When you buy into Early Access, the game is not completed therefore you do not know what the final release will look like. 

Here we have a developer who may need more money so they do not have to go to an investor or publisher. The last game had microtransactions, this one makes sense to have it as well. On top of that, this does not impact the game in a way where it becomes P2W.

Side note, the developers are also trying to support the community with this new option. Most of the skins will be done by the community which means you are paying to continual grow the community. 

People who were outraged at PayDay 2 have a good reason but this is not PayDay 2 and to attack it as such would be naive.

yeah i guess it's my fault for buying the game while it was in early access.

im still unsure whether or not they will completely fuck this up or not 

This doesn't excuse to add things like this.

A long time Killing Floor fans here. I have NO PROBLEM with Tripwire selling COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and COSMETIC ONLY items. They were doing that for KF1 long ago. In KF1, they even have some weapons DLC (which are not overpower or break the game). I had bought some (in Steam sales) as a cheap way to support the developer which had actually gave the KF community free stuff regularly (new official maps, new game mode, holiday events). I much much rather Tripwire do that than like fxxking EA try to sell me a fxxking $70CAD DLC that almost have to buy because their under content games will never support user make mods/maps.

I question if OP is actually a Killing Floor player or just like to complaint at anything which cost money?? Because most KF players have no problem with these OPTIONAL DLC for the last 6 years.

Last it doesn't matter if the game is still in early access or full retail to sell these OPTIONAL DLC. Again I see this as another way to support the developer which is 100% OPTIONAL. Think kickstarter which different levels of backers. Some people will back more $$ and in return get more stuff.

This to me doesn't justify attacking them.  It's not that bad.  On the other end of the spectrum I don't see this as a good thing either.  I do not vilify them for it nor do I praise them for it.  What I will be doing is keeping an eye on them.  That's all it's done for me personally.  I was there in TF2 when they had the gun mettle update and everyone was crying "TF GO!" "Ugh these weapon skins are so shitty!"  "TF2 is dead man.  Game over."  I still play the game regularly.  This is nothing new or devastating for me.  Hell just the other day I dropped a random weapon skin in killing floor 2.  No crate no micro transaction, nothing.  Just a free RNG weapon skin drop for nothing more than playing the game.  So what does that tell me?  That as it stands now, this is harmless.  But it could easily turn into a cancer that kills the game if not watched.  So all we have to do is keep an eye on tripwire and if they get out of hand we tell them to stop.  If they don't, then we stop playing the game and buying their content.  Easy as that.