• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psykogrl

games with gold
Games With Gold | Updated Monthly *November 2018*

128 posts in this topic

**UPDATE**

July's Games with Gold have been announced. Two unreleased Xbox One games, Banner Saga 2 and Tumblestone, along with RainbowS Vegas 2 and Tron for 360/backwards compatible. 

https://majornelson.com/2016/06/28/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-july-2016/?linkId=25997553

Never played it before. I normally don't find most movie tie-in games appealing.

No harm in downloading it for free and playing it for a bit, though.

:angryjoe:

Tron was pretty average, not too great, but if you're a fan of the movies it's still decent. I remember renting that game haha

**UPDATE**

August's Games with Gold have been announced http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/25/august-games-with-gold/ and it seems like a pretty decent lineup. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and WWE 2K16 for XB1 ; Spelunky and Beyond Good & Evil HD for backwards compatible/XB360

and RuneX like this

Gotta say that's a good line up.

WWE 2K16? I was not expecting that at all. Have they ever done a wrestling game for Games with Gold?

I'm booking rooms for the AJSA in the Smackdown Hotel right now.

The Hotel is located down Know Your Role Boulevard on the corner of Jabroni Drive for those who don't know.

:joembo:

Psykogrl and Caistyn like this

3 hours ago, RuneX said:

WWE 2K16? I was not expecting that at all. Have they ever done a wrestling game for Games with Gold?

I'm booking rooms for the AJSA in the Smackdown Hotel right now.

The Hotel is located down Know Your Role Boulevard on the corner of Jabroni Drive for those who don't know.

:joembo:

I love making the most ridiculous character I possibly can in wrestling games... I haven't played one since original XBox i think lol. I can't wait 

This isn't a GwG, per se, but it is a free game that is available for pre download that releases on August 16th. It's called Prominence Poker, and it will have single player vs AI as well as online multi-player. 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Prominence-Poker/c1feba48-30c2-4dd6-8675-842fb2b2e066

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎26 at 2:33 PM, Psykogrl said:

I haven't played one since original XBox i think lol. I can't wait 

The last wrestling game I played was on the Nintendo 64 and I am pretty sure it was the WWF back then.  Absolutely loved WCW Nitro on ps1.  Man I miss Mean Gene Okerlund!

WWE 2K16 is now available for download with the GwG program. Get it for free and play next weekend during the special WWE 2K16 event! I confirmed the event in the latest Xbox One article:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/home/articles/frontpage/xbox-one-weekly-event-schedule-august-15th-to-21st-news-highlights-r635/

I have the game already and if you need someone to play with or have questions about the game itself (story mode, universe mode etc), hit me up.

I'll have to clear out a little space on my HD for the game.... I love making ridiculous wrestlers lol

**UPDATE!***

September's GwG have been announced! XB1 games will be Earthlock : Festival of Magic and Assassins Creed Chronicles China. Xbox 360 games will be Fora Horizon and Mirrors Edge.

https://majornelson.com/2016/08/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-september-2016/?linkId=28003715

RuneX likes this

October's Games with Gold has been revieled:

I remember watching the trailer for I Am Alive years ago...Never played it. I'll finally be able to now! Also good to see the Escapists on there. I almost bought it during the summer with it was bundled with the Escapists: Walking Dead version.

***UPDATE!***

I see Rune has beat me to posting about the new October GwG list :-P

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings and The Escapists will be the XB1 offerings, while MX VA. ATV: Reflex and I Am Alive are the 360/backwards compatible games.

***UPDATE!***

November's Games with Gold have been announced... The first, Super Dungeon Bros is a new release. The classic Secret of Monkey Island is also going to be available. Seems like overall, it's a pretty decent selection of games.

November 2016 Games With Gold Lineup

Xbox One

• Super Dungeon Bros. (November 1-30)
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect (November 16-December 15)

Xbox 360

• The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (November 1-15)
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (November 16-30)

I'm looking the most forward to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Never played it before.

:ajombo:

jjtitandog70 likes this

18 hours ago, RuneX said:

I'm looking the most forward to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Never played it before.

:ajombo:

it is a fun game , an homage to 80's action movies , cheesy b-movie action.  I love it 

I remember beating Monkey Island back in Elementry school... never tired of that game 

RuneX likes this

On 30/11/2015 at 9:04 PM, Psykogrl said:

Even if you don't have space, you can still redeem the games on the Xbox Live site. I do that for all the 360 ones since I don't have one anymore. Just sign in to your account, go to the store, and "buy" the games (they will show up as $0.00) and you can download them whenever. It will just show up at the far right on your Games screen as being available to install :-D

Ha! This is what I always do! Never enough space on my hd! Too....many....games...need...to....finish! 😀

jjtitandog70 likes this

After the Minecraft event last night I downloaded Blood Dragon and was able to play it for the first time. :ajombo:

Definitely fun to play. Quirky. Different. To echo what has been mentioned before, I can really see the 80s theme going on. There are VHS tapes you can collect and the achievements listed for the game look interesting.

It's free...It is an FPS....Based off of the Far Cry system. Even if you are not a fan of the main Far Cry series, consider giving this a chance and play it. You'll be sacrificing some hard drive space but not too much.

likes this

***UPDATE!*** 

December's Games with Gold have been announced, and it's a pretty decent lineup.

17526_gwg_16x9_dec_r3t2_jp-ratings.png?w

It starts off with Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (XB1) and arcade game Outland (360), then moves on to horror thriller Outlast (XB1) and racing classic Burnout: Paradise (360)

Check out @majornelson's Tweet: https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/801093531569778688?s=09

Got Sleeping Dogs on 360. Never liked it, but a great title for the program.