• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psykogrl

games with gold
Games With Gold | Updated Monthly *SEPTEMBER 2018*

126 posts in this topic

Meh.....  Already have Sleeping Dogs and Outlast on PS4 and I've always hated Burnout Paradise.  So not the best month for me.

Caistyn likes this

***UPDATE***

January's games have been announced. 

First half of the month has Deathtrap: World of Van Helsing (which is some sort of combination of tower defense and action RPG.. sounds interesting....) and The Cave, a backward compatible action game. 

Second half of the month sees Season 2 Ultra Edition  of Killer Instinct and the super fun Rayman Origins

Also, keep in mind the Xbox end of the year Countdown sales are going on as well, with tons of games on sale 

https://majornelson.com/2016/12/22/the-official-list-of-deals-on-xbox-stores-countdown-to-2017/

RuneX likes this

We may have to slot in some Killer Instinct event later on this month or in early February. It did good during the Anniversary Week and with people getting all these new fighters for free, it should be fun. We'll see what we can do.

Psykogrl likes this

***UPDATE***

February's Games with Gold have been announced. On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime  for free during the month of February. Project Cars Digital Edition will be available from February 16th to March 15th. On Xbox 360, starting Wednesday, February 1st, Monkey Island 2: SE ($9.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through February 15th. Then on February 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Star Wars: The Force Unleashed through February 28th

I'll have to test out Project Cars' multiplayer experience. We could do a another Games with Gold style event in the future.

**UPDATE!**

March Games With Gold have been announced! The months start off with Layers of Fear for XB1 and the amazing Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360/BC. Second half of the month brings Evolve for XB1 and Heavy Weapon for Xbox 360/BC. 

https://majornelson.com/2017/02/22/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-march-2017/?linkId=34766158

RuneX likes this

I liked Evolve. I'll be more than willing to squad up with members who get the game and want someone to play with!

Is Evolve worth checking out? I've heard mixed things about the game...

On 2/24/2017 at 10:20 AM, RuneX said:

I liked Evolve. I'll be more than willing to squad up with members who get the game and want someone to play with!

I'll definitely try it... not much to lose w/ it being free ;)

Evolve has been so much fun. This Monday night (3.20.17) we'll be having an open Club party for any and all members who want to play. We'll take turns being the Monster!

Thanks to all who came out to play Evolve last night. Organizing and promotion was kept local/low key but turnout was good nonetheless. I streamed the whole thing. Probably will break it up into parts and share it at some point.

**UPDATE!**

C98f2WuUwAAWXjM-1620x800.jpg

Lots of Star Wars coming this May in GWG.. The Force Unleashed 2 AND Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga are both available for Xbox 360. Xbox One has Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

https://majornelson.com/2017/04/21/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-may-2017/?linkId=100000000309178

RuneX likes this

**UPDATE!**

The new Games with Gold for June 2017 have been announced! Xbox Live Gold members can download SpeedRunners  for free during the month of June. Watch_Dogs will be available as a free download from June 16th to July 15th. Additionally, to celebrate the new release of Phantom Dust, Gold members get a free multiplayer content DLC pack for Phantom Dust starting June 1st, which includes a variety of valuable skills and abilities to help you defeat your enemies in the re-release of this original Xbox classic. For Xbox 360 Backwards compatible games, starting Thursday, June 1st, Assassin’s Creed III will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through June 15th. Then on June 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Dragon Age: Origins  for free through June 30th.

RuneX likes this

The second round of Games with Gold roll out tomorrow as a heads up.

**UPDATE!!**

It's that time of the month again guys.... Free game announcement time!  On Xbox One, you can download Grow Up for free starting July1, and Runbow starting July 16.  On Xbox 360 (and Xbox One w/ Backward Compatibility) , starting July 1st, Kane & Lynch 2  will be free through July 15th. Then on July 16th, you can download LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game for free through July 31st.

Runbow seems like it could have potential as a fun group game, with up to 9 players (local and online) able to race against each other, with the catch being obstacles and platforms appear and disappear as the background color changes. And there are several modes, including Arena, King of the Hill, ColourMaster, and The Bowhemoth.

And of course, with Kane & Lynch, there's always criminal mayhem to be had.  There's the single player story, which can be played co-op online, as well as online multiplayer for up to 12 players,

RuneX likes this

Interesting lineup.....I can see RunBow as a game we could do as an event.

Kane & Lynch 2 is not the best game out there, but it will be free and it is co-op. Misery can be shared while playing.

Well....Garza and I did a run through of Kane & Lynch 2 the other day. It took us a little bit over two hours to beat. He hated the game, but eh..I enjoyed it.

:metaloj:

On 7/5/2017 at 5:12 PM, RuneX said:

Well....Garza and I did a run through of Kane & Lynch 2 the other day. It took us a little bit over two hours to beat. He hated the game, but eh..I enjoyed it.

:metaloj:

Yeah I tried to play it w/ my husband since you can do split screen.... It was having a lot of problems running, and it ended up freezing after we finished just the first chapter. 

DFluBWMWsAE6-Cp.jpg

***UPDATE***

August's GWG have been announced! Another pretty decent month coming up with Slime Rancher (Aug 1-31) and Trials Fusion (Aug 15 -Sep 15)  for XB1, as well as Bayonetta (Aug 1-15) and Red Faction:Armageddon (Aug 16-31) for XB360 and Backwards Compatible on XB1. 

Slime Rancher has a sort of calming-Minecraft like vibe, as you collect and take care of slimes to make money, while Trials Fusion is a BMX platformer/racing game that has added multiplayer for up to 8 online. 

Bayonetta is by now a classic, made by the folks behind Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, offering some shooting action from the 360. Red Faction is also full of action, taking you to Mars to find out whats going on underground with a long-dormant race of Martian creatures.

RuneX likes this

Fusion and Red Faction I see are now available for download.

Tried out Slime Rancher. A good time killer. I did notice some framerate issues when you started to store too much slime in your farm....maybe I went overboard...

:doomaj: