• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

VirexGaming

What Are Your Top 3 Games of 2015?

41 posts in this topic

It's finally December so I thought it'd nice to see what games everyone fell in love with this year, and maybe see a few games I missed out on this year that I should consider buying.

Mine:

1. The Witcher 3

2. Metal Gear Solid V

3. Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Now, let's hear yours.

1.Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

2. AC Syndicate

3. Wildstar

I missed out on alot of great games this year including MSGV,TW3 and some other...)

Personally it's

1. Fallout 4

2. Halo 5

3. BLOPS 3

But if I were to count games I haven't played but I still understand are really good I would say Witcher in there.

Community content is for things that you have made (reviews/videos/art/etc), so I'll move this to general as this is a normal discussion topic.

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Transformers: Devastation.

I only own one of those but have enough knowledge of the rest to know I would love them.

The Anti-Santa likes this

My personal Top 3 games this year:

1. Life is Strange
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (I know it is a remaster of older titles, but I love this series and it launched this year)

1. Fallout 4

2. Life is Strange

3. Witcher 3

When I do get along to playing Rise of the Tomb Rider, there is a chance that Witcher 3 will be bumped off.

There has been so much great stuff this year so I could probably make a full top 10, but here is my top 3 4 (sorry I had to have one more!)

Number 4

Assassins Creed Sydicate

ACSyndicate.jpg

After the disaster that was Unity last year Ubisoft have done what few expected them to do and bounce back with a solid title for their flagship franchise.  The graphics are stunning and the sound design is perfect, it truly feels like free running around Victorian London.  The city feels alive with a variety of activities, collectibles and missions ranging from rescuing child laborers, collecting beer bottles and even a fight club!  The best thing though is the Frye twins themselves and watching them interact with other characters and bicker with each other is hugely enjoyable.   I understand if you are hesitant but trust me!

Number 3.

Rise of The Tomb Raider

Rise_of_the_Tomb_Raider.jpg

Despite some really poor marketing decisions by both Microsoft and Sqaure Enix with the timed exclusive deal and a release window alongside Fallout 4. Crystal Dynamics sequel to the fantastic 2013 re-boot improves on it's predecessor in almost every aspect.  It's not gotten the sales and credit it truly deserves, hopefully when it releases on the other platforms it will.

Number 2

Metal Gear Solid V:  The Phantom Pain

Metal_Gear_Solid_V_The_Phantom_Pain_cove

On the subject companies making stupid decisions this year, you start and end with Konami. But it doesn't change the fact the the open world installment the Metal Gear Solid franchise is a masterpiece.  Fantastic and varied gameplay, intense story moments and the freedom to approach missions however you see fit make it one of the best open world games this year.

Number 1

The Witcher 3:  Wild Hunt

Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg

As close to a perfect game as I have played in a long time.  An epic, mature, challenging , beautiful, rich and deeply fulfilling experience that sets a whole new standard for it's genre.  Brilliant characters, excellent storytelling and fantastic gameplay design is not only why it deserves it's GOTY award, but that it deserves it in what has been the strongest 12 months in gaming for years.  Congratulations to CD Project Red!

Shagger and Raspharus like this

My top 3

life_is_strange___max_by_krismakesart-d8

3. Life is Strange - a pleasant surprise as far as I can tell. While I do love gritty and mature adventures, this thing exceeded my expectations. While the first episode was rather weak and boring, it got so much better afterwards, with a finale, that IMO forced you to make on of the hardest decisions. Definitly a good franchise, and I hope to see more of it in the future.

The runner-up was Grand Theft Auto V. I am a PC player, so it counts, considering the fact that the game launched in May this year for PC. And to my consideration they did good for delaying it. We all know how GTA IV ended up on PC. The story was good, and the gameplay engaging. Definitly worth mentioning.

mgs-v-the-phantom-pain.jpeg

2. Metal Gear Solid V - while I did have criticism for the game, and I would have gladly chosen AC syndicate instead, the truth is that I haven't finished AC yet. MGS was a love/hate story for me, because of the stupid decisions that they took with the game thanks to Konami. However that does not kill the game's amazing performance, intriguing story and atmosphere and some of the best if not the best stealth system that I have ever seen.

The runner-up was Rocket League. Football with cars. What could you possible want more?

witcher387453.jpg

1. The witcher 3 - this is a masterpiece. In every way possible. The franchise itself is more than amazing, and the last game is like a roar of power to end it. The graphics, the story, the gameplay, the mechanics, the sound, the atmosphere, the free dlc, the performance, the characters, the exploration, the questing everything is more than perfect. And when you couple this with 2 expansion, there is plenty of it to play. 

The runner-up was Fallout 4. A great game, and a great disappointment. For me at least. Fallout 4 was like a failed experiment. Bethesda managed to improve things while destroying other mechanics like role playing. Still, the shooting is great, the story is more than good, and there is a ton of content in this game to explore and play.

Crazycrab likes this

I have no doubt that The Witcher will be my #1 when I play it. Until then probably

Tales From the Borderlands

Invisible, Inc.

Pillars of Eternity

My top 3 are:

3- Rocket league

7447.jpeg

I was actually surprised that i like this game considering the fact that I don't like soccer, it's easy to learn, hard to master and a ton of fun, especially with friends.

2- Fallout 4

f4-logo.JPG

While this game does have issues with roleplaying (mostly because of that damn dialogue cross), it has good combat, extensive crafting systems, a settlement mode (could really use a tutorial though), lots of content, a good story and a lot of overall improvements.

1- Witcher 3

the-witcher-3_hfax.640.png  

A masterpiece in almost every way, great gameplay, fantastic story and characters, a lot of content and is overall a fantastic game.

wrangman likes this

1. The Witcher 3

This game removed ME2 from my favorite game ever spot... I played 3 straight playthroughs of this game after it came out and must hit over 300 hours of game play with it easy, I regret nothing. Yeah, I enjoy the crap out of this game, what more can I say? And besides my enjoyment, the game itself is a high benchmark of achievement for RPGs, its that simple and easily takes top spot for me. So enough justifying it, I couldnt justify it enough.

2. MGSV

This game is amazing.

3. To be determined

I have played more than 3 games but, I dont feel like one justifies the spot enough for me to put it on this list. Lets see, RE HD remaster or DS2 Scholar of First Sin? Love those games but, I played them before already so dont think they count. Halo 5 or Battlefront? No, those games left me disappointed. Fallout 4 of Life is Strange? Still havent finished and not because of time constraints, im just not compelled to put the time in. Magic Origins? No, series went free to play, dead to me. So, maybe there is a game to be put there but, I just need to finish some and still got to play Just cause 3 as well.

Trails in the sky SC, Dungeon travellers 2... haven't decided on a 3rd yet.

1. Fallout 4

2. MGSV

3. Rocket League

Problems is I didnt buy any other game that got release this year excluding madmax and forza6 :l

Witcher 3 would probably beat all of those game if I get it one day

I haven't beat Fallout 4 yet so I can't put it in yet, so here's mine:

3) Resident Evil/ Biohazard Revelations 2

2) Witcher 3

1) Undertale

Now you might be asking, WHY??? Well it's simple really.

Imagine if Witcher 3 is a 5 star delicious meal that you can eat over and over again, and Undertale is the most delicious food you have ever tasted that you can only taste once in your life. Sure you can still eat Witcher 3 as long as you want, but you can never forget the great taste of Undertale forever, and you regret that you can't eat it again. That's the perfect comparison I can give.

1) Fallout 4

2) uaaaa. I didn't played many new games this year

3) the only other new game I played was Batman: Arkham Knight (came with my graphic card)

1. Fallout 4 (even though I am not done with it yet, the gameplay is just amazing)

2. Rocket League

3. Her Story

These three are my favourites and - I believe - my only bought games this year:

3. Elite Dangerous: Horizons (I'm pretty sure it's gonna be)

2. Pillars of Eternity

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. Witcher 3 - definitely the best game of 2015 and for me, the best one I have played in years. A baseline, against which future RPGs will be rated.With a brilliant expansion and another one incoming the best spent money of 2015.

2. AC Rouge - what can I say. I enjoyed this one a lot as I did with Black Flag. Not a fan of AC series but a fan of pirates ;)

3.Pillars of Eternity

I must admit that I have not yet played the new AC and MGS5.

Only bought 1 game this year, BO3, not great but better than Ghosts and somewhat on par with AW.

3) Tales From The Borderlands

2) Rocket League

1) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

1.Batman Arkham Knight

2.Rise Of The Tomb Raider

3.Transformers Devastation.

Had fun and loved all three and don't see myself giving these up anytime soon.

1. Grim Dawn

2. Bro Force 

3. Hero Siege

and No, i still didn't bought The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 or other games

1) Dirt Rally - finally (waited for more than a decade!) a very very good rally game that can really succeed the rally game legends like Richard Burns Rally (2004). This game doesn't get enough coverage mainly because it is for PC only. 

2) Witcher 3 - bigger, better, nicer in every way... something that even Fallout 4 cannot be said...

3) GTA 5 for PC - it is a great shooter, arcade racer (a lot better than many full price arcade racer), online multiplayer, story adventure, sand box, mod support... It really packed lots of value... opposite of Star Wars Battlefront eye candy tech demo...

Raspharus likes this