• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Ni-Oh

48 posts in this topic

One of the few interesting world premieres that came up during the PSX Stage Show was a game called Ni-Oh which is being made by Team Ninja, people behind the likes of the Dead or Alive series and Ninja Gaiden. The game seems to channel a bit of the Souls-esque looking atmosphere and the premise that enemies are just about everywhere and a slight hint of getting aid through some form of summoning perhaps along with a feel of another series that is quite older, the Onimusha series:

The gameplay was one of the major highs of PSX for me..I've always been a huge fan of hack and slashers plus its from the studio behind Ninja Gaiden

So some gameplay footage has actually surfaced that was from last years TGS. It was behind closed doors so that's the reason why we haven't seen it up until now:

I am extremely hyped for this game; I've been playing Ninja Gaiden II non-stop since it was announced to prepare...

Been keeping an eye on the game. Here's hoping it will be amazing also anyone else want Sony to remaster or port Onimusha series to PS4?

Well Ni-Oh is getting an alpha demo in April apparently. You'll be able to download it from the store on April 26th and be able to play it until May 5th:

I was hearing if the level is beaten, players will receive free DLC. 

Hmm interesting the video has been made private.... Early leak perhaps we weren't suppose to know about yet?

EDIT:

Nevermind they reuploaded it though why they original have it private I don't know but here it is again:

Seems they removed weapon durability and adjusted the stamina. Also we are getting another demo in August. 

Just now, Wade D McGinnis said:

Seems they removed weapon durability and adjusted the stamina. Also we are getting another demo in August. 

Yes found the new trailer they have at e3, can watch in previous post. Now hunting down any footage I can for the actual demo at e3.

I just hope they add a difficulty selection... And I don't mean like diablo where you're meant to start on normal, then hard on ng+, then very hard on ng++...but one balanced, but...harder right from ng. I like this option in general. But when like 80% of the NA testers say the difficulty is good, and like 80% of the Jpn players say it's too hard, I think it should be obvious that selectable difficulty is kinda needed for this game.

I could always use another Dark Souls-esk game to play.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:18 PM, Ghaleon said:

I just hope they add a difficulty selection... And I don't mean like diablo where you're meant to start on normal, then hard on ng+, then very hard on ng++...but one balanced, but...harder right from ng. I like this option in general. But when like 80% of the NA testers say the difficulty is good, and like 80% of the Jpn players say it's too hard, I think it should be obvious that selectable difficulty is kinda needed for this game.

From the interviews I've been reading coming out of E3, you might be disappointed. The way they talk difficulty sounds like they plan for one difficulty in the game and that difficulty is what we experienced in the alpha and they are fine tuning it from feedback they got and we'll see what they've done in the beta in August.

17 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

From the interviews I've been reading coming out of E3, you might be disappointed. The way they talk difficulty sounds like they plan for one difficulty in the game and that difficulty is what we experienced in the alpha and they are fine tuning it from feedback they got and we'll see what they've done in the beta in August.

Well I liked the difficulty during alpha but many Japanese gamers did not, so they'll be disappointed more than me if that's correct.

Well I learned something interesting that perhaps some knew but I certainly didn't. Apparently Nioh has actually been in development for about 11 to 12 years. It was actually announced originally for PS3 around 2004/2005 and called Ni-oh (title now doesn't have the dash). Here is a trailer of that:

I never heard of ni-oh until shortly after the 'beat the alpha and get some bonus thing' event. But shortly after I heard about it being thru development hell cuz... I think it was tvtropes maybe? I like tvtropsing games that I've enjoyed =P

Some new info on the beta that is coming next week:

Players will again have a chance to tackle the first stage from the alpha demo with a chance to earn the Mark of the Conqueror DLC. Those who cleared it in the alpha get a head start in the beta with new weapons and extra money and can jump into the new Nakatsu stage right away. Those who complete the Nakatsu stage will earn a new DLC Mark of the Strong. Afterwards, the Twilight Mission comes available which lets players tackle either of the stages on a much more challenging difficulty with stronger enemies, new creatures and new rare items to earn. The demo will feature new weapons, onmyo magic and ninjutsu as well as a training dojo available from the start.

Also new trailer:

I still have no idea how to equip those Shuriken even after unlocking those skills.

I don't have the game again yet and I cna't recall the exact details, but they count as ninjitsu magic. I think you had to use r1 or r2 to tab switch in a menu somewhere too.

2 hours ago, Ghaleon said:

I don't have the game again yet and I cna't recall the exact details, but they count as ninjitsu magic. I think you had to use r1 or r2 to tab switch in a menu somewhere too.

I unlocked the shuriken, even the fire and I think lightning ninjitsu majic thing. But have no idea how to equip them.