• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cmg666

AJSA's hated videogame characters

36 posts in this topic

So figured we could have some fun and talk about the videogame characters we dislike hate and loathe. I'll start, Yasha from Asura's Wrath now if you asked me a year or two ago I would have answered Dante from DmC: Devil May Cry as the fanboy anger was strong with me (Not apologizing for the Starwars joke) but I loathe Yasha and when I had to play him I was not happy until a certain point in the game that had me praising the developers and gave me a huge ass evil grin on my face well before I say what it is *SPOILERS!!!* You get a quick time event that'll let you rip his heart out. Now why so much hatred against him you may ask well again *SPOILERS!!!* He betrays everyone in the game and is either stupid or arrogant enough to not understand or say they have no right to be angry with him even tells someone who has every right to seek revenge on him and his order that he doesn't have the right and it doesn't concern him. Fuck you Yasha you traitorous worm. That's mine what's yours comment below and love to hear from you.

ichig1vsnarut0 likes this

Devil May Cry 2 - Dante:  Those who hate Dante in DMC have clearly never played Devil May Cry 2.  He's an emotionless, characterless tool of boredom, just like everyone else in that game.

Shadow of Mordor - Talion:  Remember that generic white dude in that Assassins Creed 2 clone with a middle earth re-skin?  Neither do I, but he had a name apparently... also there was a dead wife that nobody gave a shit about either. 

Battlefield 3 - ALL!:  Every single one is the bloody same cussing, semper-fi, brofist, all American pseudo military Jackass!

Battlefield 4 - ALL!:  Same as before.

Battlefield Hardline - ALL!:  Same except it's cops.

GTA 4 - Roman Bellic:  "Cousin, it is the moment for us to spend some quality time together, how about that old American pastime... BOWLING!!!" - HRGARRRAHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAHHHAAAAHHH!!!!!!!

Final Fantasy XIII - Snow:  In the first few minutes after meeting him.  He declares himself a hero, conscripts a bunch of civilians, gets them all killed then smiles about it. He continues to be a smirking, self deluded, fist bumping idiot throughout the whole game.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

GTA 4 - Roman Bellic:  "Cousin, it is the moment for us to spend some quality time together, how about that old american pastime... BOWLING!!!" - HRGARRRAHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAHHHAAAAHHH!!!!!!!

Final Fantasy XIII - Snow:  In the first few minutes after meeting him.  He declares himself a hero, conscripts a bunch of civilians, gets them all killed then smiles about it. He continues to be a smirking, self deluded, fist bumping idiot throughout the whole game.

Hard to get any worse than those two. I would also add Lightning from FF XIII for being ok with the destruction of the world and being the other leader of the group of idiots. Madison from Heavy Rain who manages to make a very poorly told story even worse by being a pointless character, with nothing but terrible lines, and who exists for no reason than for what I would assume to be to act out some of Cage's fetishes.

Shadow of Mordor - Talion:  Remember that generic white dude in that Assassins Creed 2 clone with a middle earth re-skin?  Neither do I, but he had a name apparently... also there was a dead wife that nobody gave a shit about either.

I don't see much reason to single him out, generic white guy with dead family is a common trope. Though Talion would be on a more boring side than someone like Max Payne.

Warning- Strong language ahead.

Queen Mayala Everstar: Of Wildstar. General idiotic cunt. Coward. Absolute worthless trash as a leader. I wish she would fuck off and die. 

Most of the main cast of Gears of War 1, 2, and 3. Fucking testosterone driven, muscle brained dumbass morons who can't have a sensible idea between the lot of them. Notable exceptions- Baird, Sam (Of 3) and Queen Myrrah.

I don't know if the next one counts, but here goes. 

The entire human race in Guild Wars: Not native to the planet, they get brought in by their gods, also not native to the planet, who then help them conquer a massive chunk of land. Their gods then fuck off to the local Mary Sues Anonymous meeting, leaving the humans to deal with the backlash of their own actions. Oh, the hu-manitee! Long story short, the angry natives fucking destroy the humans, before setting out to conquer their largest city of Orr. Rather than trying to make peace, or evacuate the city, or ANYTHING ELSE, the leaders of Orr decide to use DARK MAGIC to SINK THE ENTIRE FUCKING CITY to the BOTTOM OF THE SEA. Charr soldiers, innocent citizens of the city, their OWN SOLDIERS, everyone gets fucked over in this move. Not to mention that this amazing plan later makes room for the evil dragon Zaihtan to raise the city and raise all the people killed in the sinking of the city as his zombie soldiers to dick over the entire continent. So yeah, humans are pretty much at fault for most of the problems in Guild wars. And yet they're supposed to be GOOD GUYS. 

The Adoring Fan: From TES VI: Oblivion. I shouldn't have to explain why. 

Jessica Sherwat: From Resident Evil: Revelations. Worthless cunt who exists for no other reason than to show off as much of her body as possible and flirt with everyone she sees. And apparently (SPOILERS)

Be one of the main villains of the game all along in spite of having been shown many times to barely have the brains to live as a functioning human being.

God I hate her so fucking much. 

Ashley Graham: Of Resident Evil 4. Similar to Jessica Sherwat of above, except she's a dumb cunt 24/7, and unlike Jessica, she can't even fend for herself.

Elder Maxson: The most recent addition to my list of hated characters. Of Fallout 4. Basically he's turning the BoS into the Enclave. He charges into the situation in the Commonwealth without making any effort to understand what's going on or what he's getting into. 

I killed him, blew up his airship, and spit on his charred corpse. 

And then felt awful for killing all the good men and women that were there on his orders. 

Jacob: Of Mass Effect 2 and 3. If he was just the token black character, I wouldn't give a damn. But not ONLY is he the token black character, he's flat and pointless as a character, has 0 depth, and is pretty much worthless as a squad member as almost every single squad member can do his job better. 

The Alonne Knights: From Dark Souls 2. Better known to anyone who watches my streams as the Weeaboo Knights. I hate them with a burning passion for no other reason than their very eastern aesthetic. EXTREMELY eastern. Jarringly so in a game that has very strong western medieval themes. 

There's many more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. 

Raspharus likes this

I loathe Hope from FFXIII the most. Hes weak, whines, cries, uses a boomerang that he shoves up his ass as a weapon, only really good as syn, has stupid character arc and despite being the weakest character in the game, Squenix saw fit to return him in subsequent entries as a central character so he can annoy you all over again.

I also hate everybody in the Walking Dead game series including Clementine and specially that bitch that shot Carly for absolutely no reason at all.

I detest the stupid Gaylord Eternal boss from Halo 5. I dont even know where he comes from but, every time hes there he starts spouting his pretentious bullshit just like the other forerunner gaylord from Halo 4 and doesnt shut up. To make the fights worse hes hard because of cheap one shot attacks, copies himself and summons minions! Having fought that guy 7 times in a single Legendary run was 7 times too many.

Theres more characters that I dislike but, devoting thinking power to these garbage characters is giving me a headache. But you know what? Add Locke from halo 5 as well. Just the fact that this boring stinker of a character took Master Chief time away from us is enough to land him on the shit list.

Raspharus and 2and900 like this

Loki(lorewise) from smite(or just norse pantheon) and the marvel universe. I don't know why but I just can't stand him because you never really know what allegiance he has. He has no sense of respect and honor and isomeone who cant work together with other people. He only does what he wants except when he has no choice. 

Joker basicly the same as Loki.

Although I can't imagine games/stories or movies without them.

Add Locke from halo 5 as well. Just the fact that this boring stinker of a character took Master Chief time away from us is enough to land him on the shit list.

I'm gonna add Chief to this list. Halo 5 Chief. The second worst character in this game. (Locke being the first, the warden being the 3rd)

I wouldn't say I hate characters, but heres the ones I find extremely boring or under developed

-every character in Destiny (All were extremely bland with little to no backstory or personality in the game. I don't count the stupid lore website thing. Mass effect had an in game codex, why couldn't destiny?note: I have not played any of the expansions but I'm doubting they got any better)

-Most characters from Fable 3 except for the brother, Reaver, and your mentor (some had cool designs and voice actors but didn't actually affect any of the story nor did they have fleshed out backgrounds

-Squadmates in Battlefield 4 (I honestly can't remember their names nor what happened to them except you pick 1 to die at very end of campaign)

-The Guardians in Halo 5 and the Warden (Warden can fuck off with just randomly showing up before I beat his ass down for the 20th time. As for the Guardians, those cheap Reaper knock-offs, they have no explanation about them in the game except that they are basically space police or some shit, and used to keep everyone in line

-Everyone except Kenny and that one badass girl in Walking Dead Season 2 (most of them seemed to only exist so they could die an episode or 2 later for "feels")

Ones I actually hate:

Anders from Dragon Age 2 - FUCK this guy. First of all, he wouldn't stop hitting on me even though I already politely told him that's not for me. Continued to hit on me anyways. THEN the asshole goes on to be a magic terrorist even after I tell him that's a terrible idea and he basically starts the whole Mage/Templar war by blowing up a chantry and everyone inside, innocent or not. What a dick.

Ramsay Snow from Telltale's game of Thrones - Do I even need to continue?

Dante's Father from Dante's Inferno - absolute cunt. Personifies most of the deadly sins. Also I'm pretty sure he raped Dante's wife while he was away on Crusade. He is also one of the most bullshit bosses I've ever fought against. Couldn't ever beat him

Dante - Devil may Cry (from ninja theory): they turned a bad ass to a "Devil will laugh his ass off because Dante turned into a emo, punk, Twilight kid".

Snow - FFXIII: an arrogant wannabe Hero

Lighning - FFXIII: an arrogant wannabe Bad ass

Hope - FFXIII: a scared, whiny, looser

Vanille - FFXIII: a daydreaming wannabe princess who takes nothing serious.

Handsome Jack - Borderlands 2: I just love to hate this guy^^

Batman - every Batman game: a mentally depressed detective in a Bat suit, who could have end every crime and reduced the rate to near 0, saving a lot of innocent lifes, if he only had the balls to kill every bad guy in the story right after the first encounter (Joker, Bane, Scarecrow, etc. ) but no....let's put them all into jail (always the same penitentiary) where they can plan and escape from it, every single time and murder innocent people. Fuck you Bruce Wayne. Let the real Problemsolvers do the Job (Spawn, Lobo, Deadpool...).

Daisy/Peach - nearly every Mario Game: no personality, get kidnapped every time. I wonder why Mario never bitchslapped those two of being such useless princess with literally no Guards, Traps and Weapons in and around the Castle to defend themself.

cmg666 likes this

Tirnoch from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Very anti-climactic for a final boss both in terms of story and gameplay.  Does not help that the game was an absolute slog to get through despite being fun at first.  Only reason I actually remember them is because I felt that the "dramatic reveal" they had made me go "What?  Seriously?  That's lame!"

The Avatar of Chaos from Darksiders 2

Again, very anti-climactic final boss in terms of story and gameplay.  It was a plot twist I saw coming from a mile away and, let's face it, the whole concept of The Corruption in Darksiders 2 was lame and generic, as if the game developers had an idea for a story and had worked long and hard on the game before realizing they had completely forgotten to design enemies.

The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3

WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO BEAT YOU SUPID MOTHERF.....ARGH!!!

Ashara Zavros from Star Wars the Old Republic, Inquisitor story line. Why they decided to let the only female romance option not be corruptible in any way irritates me, but more than that why does she need to be such a whiny bitch.

Bastila from Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. She criticizes your every move with snarky remarks and passive-aggressiveness, even after you saver her from being sold into slavery.

(Not sure if this one counts, but I'm including it anyway.) Lydia from Skyrim. GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!. 'Nuff said.

I have no suggestions, but regarding the FFXIII cast... I have to agree, never have I seen a more unlikeable cast ever. goodness.

The Alonne Knights: From Dark Souls 2. Better known to anyone who watches my streams as the Weeaboo Knights. I hate them with a burning passion for no other reason than their very eastern aesthetic. EXTREMELY eastern. Jarringly so in a game that has very strong western medieval themes. 

Well there is a lore reason for their look. Their armor was based upon the armor of Sir Alonne who came from the lands of the East (unfortunately these lands never seem to get any name besides the East) which typically in the souls games are of course eastern in aesthetic. So despite it's jarring appearance to you there is reason for the armor's look. I mean it is even in the armor's description:

The design is styled after the armor worn by an unusual knight who trained the Iron King's men in the sword. He was said to have deserted his liege after bearing witness to his descent into depravity."

But that is getting into a different topic entirely so I'm going back to the main post now:

-All the cast from FF13. Basically everyone else has spoken the reasons for that.

-Sebastian from Dragon Age 2- To whiny and brainwashed by the Chantry, plus I hated his accent.

-Connor Kenway. Probably the blandest character I have every had the displeasure of seeing and you have to play an entire game as him. No emotion and has a dumb stereotypical story of wanting revenge. Doesn't even have anything to do with the assassin and templar stuff, just him with daddy issues and lack of emotions. You could of had a damn computer read his lines.

Na'vi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, can't stand it when she says "Listen".

And that Fuc**ng pig character in the side mission of Batman Arkham Knight after you have found all of the victime that is hanging around gotham city, big let down after they build up the side mission with the horrible victime locations and learned who they where before they where murded and the opera music playing in the background.

I haven't played the steam remake, but on my ps2, Ys, the ark of napishtem... terra.. the voice acting on that girl is just so UGH... I can't stand every scene with her.

Sticky from Fallout 3. That is all.

Well there is a lore reason for their look. Their armor was based upon the armor of Sir Alonne who came from the lands of the East (unfortunately these lands never seem to get any name besides the East) which typically in the souls games are of course eastern in aesthetic. So despite it's jarring appearance to you there is reason for the armor's look. I mean it is even in the armor's description:

The design is styled after the armor worn by an unusual knight who trained the Iron King's men in the sword. He was said to have deserted his liege after bearing witness to his descent into depravity."

I was actually aware of that, but it never changed my seething hatred for them. Mostly based in my seething hatred for katanas in general. 

Kai Leng - Stop telling me how badass he is, he's not. The only reason he's even alive is plot armor. I completely stomped him every time we met.

I was actually aware of that, but it never changed my seething hatred for them. Mostly based in my seething hatred for katanas in general. 

True I'll admit they are probably my most annoying enemies since the katanas are quite fast and I prefer my strength builds.

True I'll admit they are probably my most annoying enemies since the katanas are quite fast and I prefer my strength builds.

Just given how katanas are forged those things shouldn't be able to do jack shit against my armor

If anything they'd probably break.

Just given how katanas are forged those things shouldn't be able to do jack shit against my armor

If anything they'd probably break.

I hate how in BF4 when im laying down fire and I hit someone with the 240 I dont drop them. Nope, they just keep running and get away. Keep im mind im shooting 7.62 and I have to inexplicably hit them like 3-5 times!

To not get too off topic I also hate Allistair and Anders from Dragon Age. I swear they are the same whiny long blonde haired guys that do nothing but complain about mages and witches. But Anders specially, a terrorist responsible for the mage-templar war. I played through DA2 like 6 times, and I can safely tell you that the best part about the whole game is when you get to personally murder him for his stupid shit.

To not get too off topic I also hate Allistair and Anders from Dragon Age. I swear they are the same whiny long blonde haired guys that do nothing but complain about mages and witches. But Anders specially, a terrorist responsible for the mage-templar war. I played through DA2 like 6 times, and I can safely tell you that the best part about the whole game is when you get to personally murder him for his stupid shit.

Are we... thinking of the same Alistar? 

The Alistar I know is kind of dumb but well-intentioned with short hair. 

I'm going to have to go with Shana from Legend of Dragoon.  I love the crap out of that game (might go play it a bit later, actually) but I just never liked Shana.  I think it's because the game tries SO HARD to get players to like her, to the point that it seems like her whole character is that she's the love interest.

To be fair, it's been a while since I've played the game, and playing it again might change my mind, but I just remember really, really hating Shana.

I didn't like Vergil from the DmC reboot, either.  He was awesome in DMC3, but in the reboot he comes off as arrogant and inept.  The game does at least bring that to a decent payoff, though.  I won't spoil it too much for anyone who hasn't played the game, since I actually think it's pretty fun.

PlasticFrogCG likes this