• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

shodan007

Payday 2: Good or Bad?

Payday 2: good or bad   166 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Payday 2?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

Its one of them games that I have brought that it was worth the 30 pound I paid for it.. I didnt really like payday but the 2nd one was sooooo much fun. But I recommend playing it with friends or people of the army. But I dont mind playing more just add me and I shall play :D

I actually kind of like the game, but i was kinda dissapointed that the game was released way too fast. 2 more months before the launch would be great to fix/update the game a bit better.

I've been thinking about getting it I think I will now

Personally I think it's a terrific game that knows how to scratch that heist-fantasy itch some gamers have; you feel like you're knocking off a bank as SWAT teams swarm on you, cooperating with your friends and blowing faces off while sprinting with bags full of cash and jewels.

Their updates and special events have been pretty fun too; they have a new Armored Transport heist variation available for download tomorrow (those of you that pre-ordered the game will get it, presidential masks, new weapons and patterns for free). I know I'll be doing a lot of heisting tomorrow if anyone wants to play :D

Edited by Neufanator
aclong154 likes this

I think it's a really cool game, I had a ton of fun with friends but when you've finished all the missions 10 times it starts to become boring. I think the should add a map editor or something like that to make your own map, it will be really cool.

One of the best game I ever bought beside Mass Effect series. Great to play with friends or something the public is not so bad when you lucky enough

It's been rather buggered sideways by recent patches...even the hype of all the free stuff for Halloween hasn't done much to make me want to go back to it. The underlying system of the cards-based rewards is still one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard of. Still winds me up just thinking about it.

Payday 2 is on sale at the moment on steam i would suggest you pick it up + new DLC come out today for it as well. :D

I love it, I think im really addicted to it now. Playing with 4 mates shooting your way out of a bank after you loaded up your bags with gold, having a shoot out on a FBI building.. Sneaking around a mansion of a corrupt official. 

JUST 
LOVE
IT

It's been rather buggered sideways by recent patches...even the hype of all the free stuff for Halloween hasn't done much to make me want to go back to it. The underlying system of the cards-based rewards is still one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard of. Still winds me up just thinking about it.

Is that enough to make you not recommend the game? I mean its on sale and I am poking around and I am wondering if its a must get game if on sale type of game. 

Is that enough to make you not recommend the game? I mean its on sale and I am poking around and I am wondering if its a must get game if on sale type of game. 

i would advise you to go buy it. I never really had a big issue with bugs anyway. In the first week a few but thats to be expected with the traffic all the servers get to endure. 

It all depends on what you want out of a game, if you want a fun shooter with a twist that is not super hardcore. Payday is a game that should concider checking out. 

If you want a competetive fps this is not the game for you. Also if you have no friends with this game it would be good to ask if your mates want to buy it aswell since the fun factor skyrockets with friends. Randoms are good but on the lower levels it sometimes is hard to know who does what, since the game trows some cruveballs from the very start to keep it interesting

I hope this helped

I absolutely love this game and I'm actually looking for people to play with.  

I must also say that I have had only good experiences with the community in this game.  Stuck playing with strangers I actually made a few friends.  Even if you mess up people have a general attitude of 'well, these things happen' and have a laugh.  

Which is good... because my stealth techniques need quite a bit of work in this game lol

Thanks for the topic, I've been getting around to buying it and from what I've read here it's worth it. Might get it for Christmas even... ;p

Thanks for the topic, I've been getting around to buying it and from what I've read here it's worth it. Might get it for Christmas even... ;p

i would suggest getting it before that, so you can enjoy the holiday events

I wonder if i should upload my payday 2 overkill mission streams and like you guys.

Been a fan since Payday: The Heist and i especially enjoyed the stealth features of the game from Payday 2 launch. So epic to rob the place blind without even being detected but since some patchwork some classes now work worse compared to Tech Enforcer, the allmighty one. Still play it but not as active, got other games as well. :)

Bottom line, its worth picking up and it is on sale on Steam right now!

my question is does the game ever tire/get repettive and old? I mean there are only so many maps/modes?

my question is does the game ever tire/get repettive and old? I mean there are only so many maps/modes?

No it doesn't get repetitive, the maps may be the same, but the scenarios are generated.  

I'm rather tempted to pick it up after watching a few Let's Plays....game seems to have kind of a L4D feel to it...minus the zombies of course

It uses the same "AI Director" that was used for L4D.

Very solid game. lots of fun.

They regularly add content every couple of months. They even fixed a bit of grinding by adding xp bonuses for every mission you do.

Lots of stuff to unlock. Lots of achievements. lots of different ways to beat missions. You have to really play the hell outta this game for it to get repetitive.

Just picked this up for a few shekels and looking for some people to play this with (PC). PM me :D

Can't say its good, Can't say its bad too.. I like it but not too much. So.. its above average.

great game however almost impossible to play solo unless you do rather easy missions, fantastic online however voice chat would be good rather than having to go AFK to type messages to people, but the people that play it seem rather awesome, I have only met one rage quitter so far!

You know that voice chat is in there and has been for quite some time now, before you posted that comment

I'm more of a "standoff" type guy who uses stealth when needed. I am not good at pure stealth, I prefer fighting my way through and out.

My personal experience with the games is not all that great.

It is great playing with your friends, However if one of your friends are more skilled and alot higher level than the others, he will most likely be doing almost everything.

Which is fun for him i presume, but not as fun for the newbies (me included).

So the times when you do not have any friends to play with, you have to rely on your luck to get into a game with decent players that's around your level.

That or just a server where you arent kicked from.

And solo is okay in some mission, love the murkywater container level, because it's perfect for solo stealth.

The AI is not the best and neither the worst.

However playing as solo most likely will end up as a failure. 

Personally i would actually not have bought it if knew this was what i was getting.

i don't say that it's a bad game, it's just not for me.