• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnster4

SmachZ (steam portable machine)

13 posts in this topic

remember when there was a video about the Steamboy back in E3 2014

now they have a kickstarter and it will be now called SMACH-Z and are looking to raise €900,000:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-first-handheld-steam-machine/description

Are you seriously telling me valve need to croudfund this to get it off the ground?

Are you seriously telling me valve need to croudfund this to get it off the ground?

It isn't Valve's project.

Ah, makes sense now.

I actually do quite like this thing, sort of like a next-gen Vita.

Doesn't that mean Valve can shut this project down?

I really haven't looking into Steam Machines or whatever they are called but as far as I'm aware companies are developing their own versions and the finished products are purchased from their site, I don't know if companies also pay certain fees to Valve or not. I don't see why Steam would want to stop someone from creating a version that people are interested in since thet should only prevent Valve from making money when people have to buy the games from them.

I really haven't looking into Steam Machines or whatever they are called but as far as I'm aware companies are developing their own versions and the finished products are purchased from their site, I don't know if companies also pay certain fees to Valve or not. I don't see why Steam would want to stop someone from creating a version that people are interested in since thet should only prevent Valve from making money when people have to buy the games from them.

Did the companies making Steam Machines say they were making Steam Machines, as in call the products Steam Machines before Valve announced them? Also, were the Steam Machines from companies like Alienware may have been commissioned (can't think of a better term, it's the closest word I can think of for what I'm trying to say) by Valve? If this handheld were in the same boat, they wouldn't need to go through crowd funding right?

Did the companies making Steam Machines say they were making Steam Machines, as in call the products Steam Machines before Valve announced them? Also, were the Steam Machines from companies like Alienware may have been commissioned (can't think of a better term, it's the closest word I can think of for what I'm trying to say) by Valve? If this handheld were in the same boat, they wouldn't need to go through crowd funding right?

I believe Valve did pay some companies to develop them and give them a license for the SteamOS, I'm not sure how this project itends to get a license, that should probably be mentioned in their FAQ if they had already worked something out with Valve, but based on their opening

Steam™ name and logo are property of Valve® Corporation. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Liability disclaimer: SMACH Z project is not being developed by Valve® Corporation. SMACH Z project doesn't have any connection to Valve® or Steam™. SMACH Z is not a official Steam Machine™.

I would assume they haven't.

I'm wondering about the energy life on this thing if its considering running games like Witcher 3

Ok, I know that this is an old topic but it has been a suspiciously long time with no product and I have just found a video that may explain exactly why........  This is and always was a scam, or at very least a failure.

To think I was at a point one click away from backing this...........  I feel sick.

Ok, I know that this is an old topic but it has been a suspiciously long time with no product and I have just found a video that may explain exactly why........ This is and always was a scam, or at very least a failure.

Wasn't the Kickstarter cancelled after getting nowhere near its goal

Edit: Ok, so checking their updates on the KS they started a new one later in 2016 that made them over $400,000.

2 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Wasn't the Kickstarter cancelled after getting nowhere near its goal

Edit: Ok, so checking their updates on the KS they started a new one later in 2016 that made them over $400,000.

Well: